xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Zsnexbox 3.2  (Read 337 times)

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« on: May 29, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »

ZsnexBox 3.2

What's new:

-Added a game guide/faq viewer. Start a game and exit to the in game menu. Select "Load Game Guide". Place guides (text format) in the "guides" directory. The best place to get game guides is www.gamefaqs.com. Navigation through the guide is:

Dpad up    = 1 line up
Dpad down  = 1 line down
Dpad left  = go back a page
Dpad right = go forward a page
L or R trigger = analog scrolling
Left analog stick = move text left or right

I have also included a game guide and an interesting interview with the original author of ZSNES.

-Added a bookmark system for the guides. I figure it would be a pain to have to find the spot you need every time you open the guide (some guides are hundreds of pages long). So the emulator will always remember/save the last place you were at in each guide.

-Added option to change the bookmark path in the Path.ini (make sure you delete your old Path.ini or add the new line in the correct spot)

-Added option to change the number of lines displayed, font color, and font size for the guides. This is more intended for HD users since they will have bigger screens than non HD users. I chose a default font size where you can see the entire guide without scrolling left/right.

-Added a "Force PAL 50 Video" option. If you are a PAL user, you can force the display refresh rate to 50 (useful for PAL games if your Xbox is set to Pal 60 I would imagine). This option is only valid for PAL users. I have no way to test this feature. If it somehow causes harm to your TV/Xbox/life, don't blame me. ZsnexBox comes with no warrenty. But if it does work, please post your results in this thread.

Install:

Extract and copy all files and folders to your Xbox hard drive. Run "default.xbe" to start. Delete your old ZsnexBox.ini and Path.ini  files if upgrading.

micbic

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »

woo, i was hoping for the guides, good stuff.

ultimate509

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 02:10:00 AM »

Up-grade Up-grade Up-grade, So whens Zsnexbox 3.3 coming tommarrow right..
Thanks NES keep them coming.

takagen

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 04:29:00 AM »

Thanks for the update. Will give it a shot later on.
Cheers

BennyBou

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »

Man this emu keeps getting better and better with features I would never tought of!!! Thanks alot. If only someone was working on N64 and PSX...

DMAddict

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »

Old school gaming is da shit. Nice work. smile.gif

DaddyLongLegs

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »

nes6502, you are a wonderful person. Out of curiosity, are you still working on that ZSNEXBox that has multiple versions in it so games like Mario RPG don't have staticy sound? I am just wondering if you gave up on that idea. No harm if you have! Just actually curious.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 01:11:00 PM »

thank you for updating and adding more features.

Fox the Sly

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 02:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Plaztik @ May 30 2007, 12:46 PM) View Post

Sorry, but where is the link?  Seeing as how everybody is happy and all, it must be here somewhere....  Right?

It's compiled using the XDK, so there can't be a direct link. You have to find it in the "usual places."

http://www.xbox-scen...icles/xbins.php

Maverick0984

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »

Nice, updates are always welcome. Good work.

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

Guides are a nice addition, thanks much mate wink.gif

Trigger911

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »

Hail to the king baby....... nes has risen from the grave once again bad ass add-on. Well i cant wait to load this one up wonder is some can write a python script to go with it to get the guides off of gamefaqs. but great work bro.

triggz out

btw the kids love the light gun games thanks for adding support

competes2win

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »

This is a great update, I love the Game guide feature.

I have found what I guess you could call a bug... a very small one at best....However, I am not sure whether this was in the previous build or not because I normally don't play around with the video settings... but anyway, Whenever I go into the in game menu and set "New Graphics Engine" to "On", upon return to the game the text that pops up says that the New Graphics Engine had been Disabled... Likewise, when I turn the New Graphics Engine Off, the text will say that the new graphics engine was enabled.

Anyhow Great update, This is by far the best emulator... I'm so glad that the best emulator is on my favorite system.... imagine a great Genesis emulator... yuck

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 01:10:00 AM »

Nice work, nes6502!

FYI with Zsnexbox 3.0 till present, if higher res screenshots 512x are used on any snes rom in HDTV resolutions (720p and 1080i) it will lock up the emu with a loud accompaning buzz.  Only the smaller res screenshot 256x can be used, and even then some of the larger roms can lock up the emu.  This is all of course due to RAM running out.  Just thought i'd mention that if you were unaware of it.  I went through and captured the lower res screenshots for all my favorate roms, so no real worries. smile.gif

devlkore

• Archived User
Zsnexbox 3.2
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2007, 06:43:00 AM »

Thank you very muchly!
Pages: [1] 2 3