xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Zsnexbox Feature Request Thread  (Read 1959 times)

nes6502

• Archived User
Zsnexbox Feature Request Thread
« on: August 21, 2006, 07:30:00 AM »

There will be exactly 2 more releases. 2.9 and 3.0 Final. I will be releasing the source with the 3.0 release. Unless there is some "emergency fix" that needs to be done, that will be the last ZsnexBox release (at least by me).

It's been a lot of fun and this has developed into far more than I intended it to be. However, I would like to get back to rl and "maybe" look at porting something else. I have a list of things that I will be adding to the 2.9 and the 3.0 release.

So, if you have any last requests, now's the time to speak up.

Things I am not going to do so there is no point requesting:
-SMB
-Relax shares
-7zip support
-rar support
-mp3 support
-network support
-scrolling text in the rombrowser (there's no point as the full name is displayed at the bottom)

I will consider all other requests, but that doesn't mean I will add them. Please be as specific as possible.

Opoth

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 07:40:00 AM »

I'd love to see what some other people have suggested, using the left and right d-pad to "quick jump" through letters in the ROM list.  Support for actual Xbox light guns and USB mice would be really great too, but that might be too much to ask.  Other than that, I'm very happy with the entire package.  I take it you've given up on implementing multicore support and updating to future builds of the ZSNES core?

This post has been edited by Opoth: Aug 21 2006, 02:44 PM

nes6502

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

I take it you've given up on implementing multicore support and updating to future builds of the ZSNES core?

Multi-core will be in the 3.0 release. If there are specific cores people want, please request them and the reason you are requesting that specific core (i.e. Sound fix for such and such game).

Just because it's the final release doesn't mean I won't add any more cores. If there is a great new release in the future, and it only takes me 2 hours to port it to my mult-core architecture,  then I might release a new core to be added to the "core" directory that will apear in the 3.0 release.

Vejita

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 07:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(Opoth @ Aug 21 2006, 02:11 PM) View Post

I'd love to see what some other people have suggested, using the left and right d-pad to "quick jump" through letters in the ROM list.

Same here.

EvilShindo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 07:56:00 AM »

Awww that sucks sleep.gif  no netplay support?

is there a good reason as towards why you wouldn't support such a big feature?

seeing how this is a port of the Zsnesx from the pc, that had netplay...

nes6502

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 08:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(EvilShindo @ Aug 21 2006, 03:03 PM) View Post

Awww that sucks sleep.gif  no netplay support?

is there a good reason as towards why you wouldn't support such a big feature?

seeing how this is a port of the Zsnesx from the pc, that had netplay...

Netplay for ZSNES has been disabled for quite some time. It was/is far too unstable. I have no desire to write it from scratch either.

XaRaNn

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »

Not to mention the reason netplay is disabled is it caused massive desync issues because of randomization in the core. the zsnes team is working to fix this, but from what i hear it's nowhere near ready yet.

Anyways as for the things i'd like to see implemented, most of them i've already mentionned and i'm pretty sure you are aware of them, so i wont reiterate myself to sound like a broken record.

One thing i've just thought about, and i don't think it's ever been mentionned, zsnes supports a slowdown key as a counterpart to fast-forward.
I know rewind is already there, but it can be useful is you just want to get thru some part whitout having to play it over and over, or really fun if you want to pull some difficult trick.
This feature seems to have been added on 5/19/05. so afaik that's about 3 months after the current wip zsnexbox uses. if its something that interests you, i guess would be something to look into when implemented multicore.

Main reason for this post is i'd just like to add it's been a great run, i'm gonna miss checking the xs emulators forum every day to see what new feature might be included in the newest release.

You are definately the coolest and most supportive / close to your users xbox developper amongst the many great people who have brought all this amazing software over to the xbox.

VampX

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(XaRaNn @ Aug 21 2006, 05:57 PM) View Post

You are definately the coolest and most supportive / close to your users xbox developper amongst the many great people who have brought all this amazing software over to the xbox.

Amen to that.

gm112

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »

aww.... I was loving your updates. Oh well... I don't know what to suggest.. assuming that you put in everything I wanted.

wdt2006

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

the core from the older versions that supported top gear 3000 would be a good addition

nes6502

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(wdt2006 @ Aug 21 2006, 05:22 PM) View Post

the core from the older versions that supported top gear 3000 would be a good addition

That will be the first one added since most of the work is already done. Also, because i'm getting tired of not being able to play TG3K in the current releases. After all, this was one of the main reasons I started this port.

wildonrio

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 11:12:00 AM »

Does Zsnesbox support Game Genie?  If not, that's my suggestion.  It would be really awesome also if the codes could be included within the program so that the player could easily push a button during a game and choose a code (or add one of their own).

Barbie_on_Weed

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »

a text reader for codes that you can load up
then you play a game and jpg/png for picture faqs. smile.gif

nes6502

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(wildonrio @ Aug 21 2006, 05:43 PM) View Post

It would be really awesome also if the codes could be included within the program so that the player could easily push a button during a game and choose a code

Do you know of any downloadable SNES game Genie code databases (or even just a text file)? I need them all to be in 1 file. If not, if anyone wants to take on this task of making one, I'll add a selectable game/code list for Game Genie and/or PAR.

You could make a format like this:

Super Mario World
0000-0000 Description
0000-0000 Description
0000-0000 Description
0000-0000 Description
0000-0000 Description

Contra 3
0000-0000 Description
0000-0000 Description
0000-0000 Description
0000-0000 Description
0000-0000 Description

etc...

The astericks would tell me where each game starts and ends.

I could add something like this.

And Game Genie/PAR/Cheat Search support is allready there.

Retroplay

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »

Zsnes 05/27 WIP core please  smile.gif
ActRaiser 2 works with that one unlike the one in the recent ZsnexBox core.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16