xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Font/audio Softmod Package  (Read 935 times)

mkjones

• Archived User
Font/audio Softmod Package
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (zorxd @ Apr 27 2004, 11:22 PM)
thanks for your good job

however I have a question :
why do you always name your game "Run linux" ?
Can I rename it or the package wont work properly?
A name like "Mkjones installer" would be much better  tongue.gif

edit :

other suggestion : add the old Xecutor bios with the built in FTP server for noobs that delete dashboards, at least in your phat package, it's only 512Kb

Well from what I have heard you cannot change the name of the gamesave or it stops working! I read that in Mordens thread I belive smile.gif However, I have never tried? It must be possible because Catfish managed it for his installer smile.gif

I dont think the old Xecutor bios would be a great idea, as far as I remember it doesnt have focus chip support sad.gif so would rule me out for a start!

Why would you need the FTP BIOS anyway?? All of the dashes and the config system all give you FTP access so you cant really go wrong wink.gif

So, Im assuming my problem does revolve around phoenix for some reason?

Any ideas about what phoenix's problem with me is...lol

Sounds like it? But I have no idea??

You said befire you couldnt play PAL games? yes?? This is confusing, the package is by no means PAL only so it cannot be that??

It could be your Kernal? But im sure you said you were ok before?

I really cant say, could you try it on another TV?? Only think I can suggest is try an older version of PBL.. place it in the PBL folder as "P" replaceing the one in there.. see if that does anything??

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2004, 03:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (zorxd @ Apr 28 2004, 12:19 AM)

The thing was to get people with no dash a FTP access... not having focus support isnt an issue since it only displays "Xecuter FTP server"

Wow smile.gif I never used it but it sounds cool wink.gif I didnt think it worked like that tongue.gif I will look it up, it could come in handy... but you would still need to boot PBL in some way in order to load it  blink.gif  

Actually I did plan on using it for tHc as its the only dash with no FTP support.. but like i said the Focus chip support stopped me sad.gif

MasterCrucifer

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »

I heard I can do this with a 128MB usb stick? how can I do this as i need to get my usb 128MB stick formated so the xbox will see it. please help thanks

jtlogiks

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »

i downloaded your older version and started it up works like a charm. I am now trying to update it so i can use thclite i'll let u know what happens

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2004, 02:47:00 AM »

I got it.......It was my damn S-Video pack...

I switched to regular av cables and bingo...everything works.

wink.gif well done man, I knew it wasnt PBL! Damn TV standards eh?! Can you play PAL games now??

I heard I can do this with a 128MB usb stick? how can I do this as i need to get my usb 128MB stick formated so the xbox will see it. please help thanks

Make/Buy a USB cable, and plug it in to your xbox, if your lucky the xbox will recognize it and format it, I tried and failed at this, I have 2 Dell 64mb sticks that arnt comaptible.. see the Xbox Linux page (google knows the link) for a list of compatible sticks wink.gif

Also, see the gamesave forum for info on using Mega-X and Action Replay smile.gif

i downloaded your older version and started it up works like a charm. I am now trying to update it so i can use thclite i'll let u know what happens

Cool wink.gif fill me in, remember to get tHc running as an App first.. and if you have the fonts on you need to do some HEX editing.. Ive done this with tHc lite it works great...

ukplum

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2004, 02:48:00 AM »

wink.gif

Keep up the great work mate. beerchug.gif

jdcidc6000

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2004, 05:14:00 AM »

Thanks MK, Ill give your new package a try later today and if I am still getting some problems I will give you a more detailed explanation of what is wrong with it, Thanks

meerdorf

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2004, 08:03:00 AM »

sorry.... I found my dashboards!

chongy5

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2004, 09:19:00 AM »

Hey Mk, i tried loading the gamesave again and it  still wouldn't work!!!!!!! My Mechassualt has the Xbox Live sticker on it, but it isn't in a classics case or anything. I'm gonna try and put the updated version (v0.5) onto my xbox but does anybody know the reason why mine ain't workin? It says 'Unable To Open <Run Linux>, Press A To Continue'.

HELP!

Sorry, forgot to say that I only have dial up and it is a pain in the ass having to wait 40 minutes to download mkjones-softmodlite-v05

Mate98

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »

i got it working frist time thank god
but i still have a prob if i turn it of via a menu on the xbox or reboot it the same way next time i turn it on i cant see anything but all i have to do is turn it of and on again takes a few seconds more but works second time round.
any one no why or even better how to get round this?

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2004, 01:09:00 AM »

Hey Mk, i tried loading the gamesave again and it still wouldn't work!!!!!!!

Hmm? How did you transfer it to the xbox? Via memory card? What kind of memory card? Standard or a USB Stick style?

Also, you said you could load the Mechassault-with-evox from xbins yes?

IF so, its even more of a mystery? All I can suggest is you get FTP access - upload the gamesave and try that?

Sorry, forgot to say that I only have dial up and it is a pain in the ass having to wait 40 minutes to download mkjones-softmodlite-v05

Broadband is a wonderfull thing smile.gif But 40 mins aint bad for dial up! I remember my dial up days! they were hell!

You could go back to BoBw and use you Svcd pack, Thats what I think Im going to do.....I love the new package....but I love my S video pick and 5.1 more.

Maybe someday in the future they will make pbl 1,4 support the high def packs.

My BOBW download uses 1.4? AND Like I have said before, I have an RGB Scart advanced pack? and it works just fine? My TV goes all crazy when PBL loads, it always jumps back to cable or normal TV but I just press the A/V button?

i got it working frist time thank god
but i still have a prob if i turn it of via a menu on the xbox or reboot it the same way next time i turn it on i cant see anything but all i have to do is turn it of and on again takes a few seconds more but works second time round.
any one no why or even better how to get round this?

I belive its the fonts loading, sometimes this happens to me, sometimes it doesnt? What dash are you using to soft-reboot? I had the issue with MXM?

anjilslaire

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2004, 07:47:00 PM »

I believe the blank screen on my box was the s-video pack, too. Maybe when I try the .5, I'll just put the pbl 1.3.5i back in...

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2004, 12:15:00 AM »

I can't find the 'MyDash' feature.

you probably have the old version, get the new one!

you need the file:

mkjones-softmodlite-v05.zip for the MyDash feature to work..

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2004, 01:50:00 AM »

smile.gif

I hacked tHc lite so it can run from E:\Dashboards\thclite but the thcdata folder STILL has to go into the E:\Dashboards directory becase of the limitaions of the HEX edit..

chongy5

• Archived User
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2004, 05:30:00 AM »

i'll use mechassualt wit evox, but cant ftp. dad wont let me!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13