xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Font/audio Softmod Package  (Read 933 times)

Pistol

• Archived User
Font/audio Softmod Package
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2004, 01:13:00 AM »

smile.gif

tullm

• Archived User
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2004, 01:27:00 AM »

Why don´t you just ftp in your box and type in the raw command "site format f:" ?

Just takes a second to get the extra 2GB!

Regards

tullm

Pistol

• Archived User
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2004, 04:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (tullm @ May 28 2004, 10:27 AM)
Why don´t you just ftp in your box and type in the raw command "site format f:" ?

Just takes a second to get the extra 2GB!

Regards

tullm

Thanks, I'll try that - presume I just find out how to open a command window in FlashFXP (come to think of it, isn't there just a box at the bottom of the window - do I type in here?)

Funny how the X-S tutorials rarely list the easy way to do anything  rolleyes.gif

tullm

• Archived User
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2004, 05:05:00 AM »

can´t help ya out here, because i don´t usw flashfxp.

just look around in the program or in the programs helpfile.

goodl luck

regards

tullm

Otaku2u

• Archived User
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2004, 06:48:00 AM »

wink.gif

Otaku2u

• Archived User
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (Otaku2u @ May 28 2004, 03:48 PM)
Please, i ask again, if i have the backup for mi original Xbox, anda have actually the Audio hack installed, when restore the original content, there is no problem in go to LIVE?, or i will be banned?, do i need a new EEPROM ?, what can i do ?

Thanks wink.gif

by the way, i used the Phoenix Bios loader to boot the audio hack, and backup my Xbox using Flashfxp and not the Evolution Backup, is this a problem?, if the audio hack doesn´t work anymore it´s fine, i just want to play in LIVE safely and not get banned. Please, help !

madienmasher

• Archived User
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2004, 06:28:00 AM »

smile.gif so i need to get the package now , i cant seem to find it and my com wont let me on xbins:(  so anyways evox will let you choose between which exploit your using? and i have to have the MA game save on my xbox?  uhh.gif
thanks for any help
if anybody could hook me up with the package pm me plz?
thanks

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »

smile.gif I will try and answer some Q's

1) i have to start my xbox with the disctray open, else i just get a black screen, is this normal?

I wouldnt say so? it has happend to me a few times if I remember right, something to do with the Mech Fonts, it doesnt happen "all" the time, it happens from time to time.. some systems are worse than others for some reason?

2)When i start my xbox up, the live tab is replaced by an phoenix tab, so my original dash launches first, does this mean this exploit doesn't have troubles with the clockloop?

Nope smile.gif clock loop can still happen, hence the addition of the Audio hack to this package..

'm trying to format the extra 2 gig's on my stock Seagate drive, and I need to know the version

The package comes with UleashX which has a great "format" menu that will format your F: drive in no time wink.gif just make it the default dash, format then switch back to the much loved but way inferior EvoX  jester.gif

Please, i ask again, if i have the backup for mi original Xbox, anda have actually the Audio hack installed, when restore the original content, there is no problem in go to LIVE?, or i will be banned?, do i need a new EEPROM ?, what can i do ?

You sound confused, let me explain:

- You cannot use Live! while the hack is running, font or audio, i assume you know this smile.gif but just making sure wink.gif if you DO load a copied OR origional game from PBL you will be banned..

- When you connect to live, your Dash will be upgraded, making the package useless! there is a way around it, basically downgrade back to the old dash after upgrade and Live! will work "in game" but the extra dash features will be unusable..

- you only need a new EEPROM if you get banned wink.gif

if the audio hack doesn´t work anymore it´s fine, i just want to play in LIVE safely and not get banned. Please, help !

In that case smile.gif you should be ok, just remember to do some reading and you should be able to get back the audio hack.. just not some live! features.. I cant help you thi as I have never done it wink.gif

if anybody could hook me up with the package pm me plz?

Its on xbins, and there USED to be a link to a site somewhere in the thread,, backtrack a few pages wink.gif

madienmasher

• Archived User
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2004, 06:47:00 AM »

edit:found it!
what can i remove from the  mechassualt gamesave once my xbox is modded ( its 30mb and i have very limited space on E)

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (lelik @ Jun 8 2004, 09:06 PM)
NewConfig.xml has a problem. You have two </List> tags too many at the end of the file. I guess you are using an XML parser of some kind and parsing XML manually. That's probably why nobody got an error, or did they?

Below:

<Item Action="FileManager">
                  Load File Explorer
               </Item>
            </List>

</List>
      </List>
      </List>
   </Menu>
</UnleashX>

should be changed to

<Item Action="FileManager">
                  Load File Explorer
               </Item>
         </List>
      </List>
   </Menu>
</UnleashX>

yeh man i know  rolleyes.gif  it errors in most XML parsers such as IE.. but UnleashX seems to disregard the error smile.gif which is good for me smile.gif

Anyhow, I have a few questions about people who are uisng my package(s) ..

would you be interested in a UDE version?? uhh.gif

if so, post here smile.gif i dunno when or how i will work on it as UDE will not be as easy to build a memory card instaler for as in some cases you will need an update.xbe file..

Dan Wysocki

• Archived User
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (mkjones @ Jun 12 2004, 10:07 PM)

man, i would love one of those! love.gif  I would really love love.gif  to have it if you could still manage to set up the nice dashboard switch   ohmy.gif  you have in softmodlite...that would be the best... love.gif
man, i love you love.gif , and you packages love.gif , if you ever need any testing, or have anything you think i may be able to help with, dont hesistate to contact me wink.gif , i would love to try and return all the work you put into your packages!
beerchug.gif
edit: added sum smilies to show my feelings...

Pistol

• Archived User
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (mkjones @ Jun 12 2004, 10:07 PM)

You better believe it!!!

Your package took all the pain out of softmodding my box, with the added security of being able to switch between hacks via a professional app to avoid clock loop. Granted with the UDE you wouldn't really need such a front-end(?), but I'd still love ya forever if you could provide a package that helps to install the UDE as easily as your softmod package!

I think what the UDE really needs is a straightforward package that includes really easy to follow instructions. I'm looking to move to the UDE from your package, and I've got devz3ro's package from the usual places, but - and not to detract from devz3ro's achievement in any way - the instructions provided are still pretty ambiguous in many areas. It's a nightmare trying to read up on all the different methods of installing the mod before you're confident enough you've worked out a safe procedure for your box.

So if you could make a package with as clear instructions for an install with FTP access as you did for your previous work, those of us who just want a simple, trustworthy method of installing the UDE would be forever in your debt smile.gif

mkjones

• Archived User
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2004, 01:28:00 AM »

jester.gif

I will look into it but I would only go ahead if a 'simple' memory card and ftp package could me made, with UDE this will be a challange I belive as not all xboxs have the "update.xbe" file needed to run UDE?

Im not 100% up on the way UDE works on different xboxs at the moment but i plan on having a good mess around with it pretty soon..

rambo88

• Archived User
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2004, 07:36:00 AM »

Where do I get the package?

Dan Wysocki

• Archived User
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (mkjones @ Jun 14 2004, 10:28 AM)
I guess thats a yes then  jester.gif

I will look into it but I would only go ahead if a 'simple' memory card and ftp package could me made, with UDE this will be a challange I belive as not all xboxs have the "update.xbe" file needed to run UDE?

Im not 100% up on the way UDE works on different xboxs at the moment but i plan on having a good mess around with it pretty soon..

tell you what would make me love you even more than i do now, a nice little app that would allow me to change between ude and the audio hack so that i could go on live ohmy.gif  that would make you a true god and i would love you soooooo much...
beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13