xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Latest Stable Tsop Bios?  (Read 228 times)

Spamwich

• Archived User
Latest Stable Tsop Bios?
« on: June 29, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »

Been years since i've done anything like this. Flashing a TSOP today, will be giving to a family member who knows nothing about computers or xboxes. He is one who tends to delete things that he thinks he doesn't need. I want to flash his 1.0 before handing it over, that way there is always an easy fix later on.

Anyways, what is the latest stable release? Like i said, will be in the hands of the ultimate noob. I know the inevitable WILL happen eventually, but I would like to prolong it for now. Assuming 1mb x2 bios for a 1.0 box without a modchip.

Also, any recommendations on dashboards/skins that won't allow anything malicious to be done? such as re-flashign the bios, or deleting dashboard files, etc?

spliff721

• Archived User
Latest Stable Tsop Bios?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 04:57:00 PM »

im pretty happy with IND-BIOS 5003. you can get it from HeXEn(the latest and greatest boot disc).

as far as dash/skins. check out XBMC with the JX720 skin. you can remove tabs that lead to sensitive stuff, like file explorer and what not. www.XBMC4XBOX.org

Spamwich

• Archived User
Latest Stable Tsop Bios?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 05:01:00 PM »

So, I flashed the xx91 256k bios after doing some reading that three latest evox build will flash it onto either chip. Boot the flubber, gets to ms logo, xecuter2 text shows up instead of microsoft, and then error 13, unable to launch dash. Not the old style of error screens, so I'm assuming my dashboard is in the wrong location. Hdd is still locked so I have to hotswap in. formatted everything and now have just the xbox files with default.xbe at three root off the c drive. Am I missing something, such as bios config files? I seem to remember that they aren't needed for a single dash like that. Maybe there its someone who knows what I am missing.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Latest Stable Tsop Bios?
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spamwich @ Jun 29 2011, 05:01 PM) View Post

So, I flashed the xx91 256k bios after doing some reading that three latest evox build will flash it onto either chip. Boot the flubber, gets to ms logo, xecuter2 text shows up instead of microsoft, and then error 13, unable to launch dash. Not the old style of error screens, so I'm assuming my dashboard is in the wrong location. Hdd is still locked so I have to hotswap in. formatted everything and now have just the xbox files with default.xbe at three root off the c drive. Am I missing something, such as bios config files? I seem to remember that they aren't needed for a single dash like that. Maybe there its someone who knows what I am missing.

rename the default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe

also, you dont need to hotswap, just use a boot disc (its safer)

Spamwich

• Archived User
Latest Stable Tsop Bios?
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 02:03:00 PM »

That's what it was. I assumed default.xbe would work.  As for a boot disk, I have slayers, but this box happens to have a POS thompson which has torubles reading original xbox disks anymore.

Spamwich

• Archived User
Latest Stable Tsop Bios?
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 02:21:00 PM »

From what I remember, there is a .txt i can modify in the root of the C partition, which will change the path of the dashboard, flubber animation, xbox logo, etc...

Spamwich

• Archived User
Latest Stable Tsop Bios?
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 04:45:00 PM »

Alright my apologies. grabbed an x2 4983 and 5035 from the usual places. I remember a program that would create new x2config files which I can place on the C drive. Currently I have the x2 4981 on TSOP, should I flash either of the 4983 or 5035?

Heimdall

• Archived User
Latest Stable Tsop Bios?
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 04:59:00 PM »

Don't touch X2.4983. X2.5035 allows you to change its config without flashing, by simply editing x2config.ini, and that's what I use on all my 1.0/1.1 TSOPs.

Spamwich

• Archived User
Latest Stable Tsop Bios?
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 06:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 30 2011, 04:59 PM) *

Don't touch X2.4983. X2.5035 allows you to change its config without flashing, by simply editing x2config.ini, and that's what I use on all my 1.0/1.1 TSOPs.

Meh, didn't read the read me until things went wrong. Saw a 5035 and 5035 old... assumed old meant it was outdated and flashed the 1.6/1.6b bios. Now I get no A/V output, but am still able to FTP into the box, so I assume it is booting the dashboard. If I Delete x2config so it auto loads evoxdash.xbe and place the 5035_old in the bios folder, will i be able to navigate (blindly) through the dash to flash a new bios? Or do i now have to get a chip to fix this box? If the first is possible, can someone walk me through the buttons to flash my bios?

lordvader129

• Archived User
Latest Stable Tsop Bios?
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spamwich @ Jun 30 2011, 06:57 PM) View Post

Meh, didn't read the read me until things went wrong. Saw a 5035 and 5035 old... assumed old meant it was outdated and flashed the 1.6/1.6b bios. Now I get no A/V output, but am still able to FTP into the box, so I assume it is booting the dashboard. If I Delete x2config so it auto loads evoxdash.xbe and place the 5035_old in the bios folder, will i be able to navigate (blindly) through the dash to flash a new bios? Or do i now have to get a chip to fix this box? If the first is possible, can someone walk me through the buttons to flash my bios?

if your getting FTP access it should be booting the dash

just make a new evox.ini where flash bios is the only option, then all you should have to do is hit A (to select flash bios) A again (to select the bios) and Y (to flash)

Spamwich

• Archived User
Latest Stable Tsop Bios?
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 09:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Jun 30 2011, 09:18 PM) *

if your getting FTP access it should be booting the dash

just make a new evox.ini where flash bios is the only option, then all you should have to do is hit A (to select flash bios) A again (to select the bios) and Y (to flash)

Beautiful! Can't believe I didn't think of that.

We have picture!

Except... I'm an idiot, forgot to add in FTP to the evox.ini, now I have to hotswap to get the original .ini and x2config back in there so I can boot XBMC

This post has been edited by Spamwich: Today, 05:39 AM

lordvader129

• Archived User
Latest Stable Tsop Bios?
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spamwich @ Jun 30 2011, 09:37 PM) View Post

Beautiful! Can't believe I didn't think of that.

We have picture!

Except... I'm an idiot, forgot to add in FTP to the evox.ini, now I have to hotswap to get the original .ini and x2config back in there so I can boot XBMC

you should unlock your HD so you dont have to hotswap all the time

Spamwich

• Archived User
Latest Stable Tsop Bios?
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 04:20:00 PM »

I am getting an error 13, the picture is slightly scrambled,  but I can see the error.

I hotswap and xboxhdm is showing that I have my WD8xxxx attached, along with my cd rom, during the startup. When i get to the point to choose xbrowser, it is saying there is no hdd.

I grabbed a stack of old 8/10GB hdds from past projects, i get tons of errors when bootign with a locked HDD, and xbrowser will state that it is locked. The unlocked drives will state that there is no HDD present.

With all drives, I have to swap in during the xboxhdm boot screen, otherwise my bios will hang up when tryign to read a locked drive.

Same mobo/cd drive I have always used for sucessful mods.

I am using the same xboxhdm disk that I have used and had work in the past.

Any ideas?

xboxmoderz94

• Archived User
Latest Stable Tsop Bios?
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 02:05:00 AM »

umm i like the xbmc on slayers evox 2.7 disc and if you need um files if it is already flashed i would recommend the bios x2 4981.67 and xbtool to create the right size bios and cool modifications to boot screen
you can find these files at this site and it will show you how to tsop flash now they were a bit fuzzy now to get the files to transfer to the hdd with action replay you will have to contact me but if you already have a hacked xbox you can ftp the save and run it with the game 007 since its a 1.0 just like mine you might not have to flash with eurasia but on your tsop write down anything you thinks important i think if yours is a 1.0 just like mine one of these should match mine now if you have a hynix if it says hy29f080**** whatever dont worry about the extra numbers at the rest of the chip if it says hy29f080 thats what it is forget about this **** biggrin.gif

oh ya heres the site

http://www.biline.ca/xbox_mod.htm

Flash      = 0x01d5,"AMD - Am29F080B",0x100000
Flash      = 0x04d5,"FUJITSU - MBM29F080A",0x100000
Flash      = 0xadd5,"Hynix - HY29F080",0x100000
Flash      = 0x20f1,"ST - M29F080A",0x100000
Flash      = 0xbf61,"SST - 49LF020",0x40000
Flash      = 0x015b,"AMD - Am29LV800B",0x100000
Flash      = 0x01da,"AMD - Am29LV800B",0x100000

oh and heres to know what the tsop looks like

http://www.google.co...a...so0n&zoom=1