xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: I Payed $80 For A Tsop Flash? Wtf  (Read 1060 times)

eminvil_12

• Archived User
I Payed $80 For A Tsop Flash? Wtf
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2004, 09:49:00 PM »

he didnt insert any cds while he was there though, i dont think.

does he have to load a cd to do a tsop flash?

iLLNESS

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »

smile.gif

eitherway, he said $80 for a modchip installed... or whatever

so id go bitch at him smile.gif

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2004, 11:40:00 PM »

it's a ver 1.0 or 1.1 mobo so probably flashed via evox unless it's a sharp perhaps

how long ago did you get her modded - ooopps tsop'd

if it was 18 - 24months ago he could of flashed it using a 29 wire enigmah/xtender or 11 wire messiah X - booted to evox and flash tsop

probably didn't use a mod/diable flash tsop method but if any of you lot can remember back before atx psu's came along - the 007 auf trick didn't exist and this was how it was done and I'd want $80 aus to install a homebrew/flash tsop n remove it

ok he probably used 007 evox but still would like to know how long ago it was upgraded.....

yup perhaps around 50 would have been more like it but it depends on when it was done - xbox's have dropped in price a lot and the replacement costs therefore have come down if anything went tits up

plus mods have come down in price a bit too and more so a lot more peeps are tsop/softmod/modchip  installing stuff themselves.....

suffice to say I would reckon most installers have either kept their prices the same or dropped it slightly as modding has in general got easier/cheaper

don't bitch about the 1.6 lpc - the 29 wire tsop flash was like a plate of spaghetti - luckily i only had to use messiah-x but homebrew was done to revive a tsop balls up - oooops

I used to charge about £35 or £40 for a tsop a year or so ago - when a mod install was about £50 - tsop price plus modchip cost. As it stood it wasn't just a tsop - they would want this n that on there, saves backed up onto newer h/d, and a fucking noobie tutorial plus on-line support 24/7

ah sod it - go back n have a chat with the bloke

Ozmods

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2004, 11:41:00 PM »

This is nothing new..I see it all the time people come to me to install a switch so they can disable the mod chip for Live..and to there supprise there is no Mod chip..

So you are not the only one.

eminvil_12

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2004, 12:29:00 AM »

i got my xbox tsop'd a week before ninja gaiden came out in australia, i remember that for sure.
now i have checked a few sites when this was  but found various dates.

i have a hynix. and v1.1

would he had to of chucked in any cd's to do the tsop flash, im sorry i still dont understand the whole thing about tsoping.

because i cant remember him puttin in any cds

eminvil_12

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2004, 12:39:00 AM »

BTW, can i just buy myself and xecuter 3 follow the installation instructions and use that from now on or do i have to worry about the flashed tsop??

because now i want to upgrade the bios from the slayer disc but it says i cant.

so im thinking if i can just buy an xecuter or aladdin or something just install and no worries or is i install it have to muck around with stuff?

markland556

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2004, 01:28:00 AM »

why no pics of the top of the mobo?

eminvil_12

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2004, 04:36:00 AM »

do you need them? i can easily take some if you like.

i have allready identified that he has tsop'd it.

and he did it a week before ninja gaiden came out in aus, what are the steps he took.

JohnnyHunng

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »

Are you 100% sure he didn't use any discs after he bridged the unlock pads? He must have had the xbox on a network (either at his house, shop, your house and he was on a laptop maybe?)...Either way, he had to some have gotten a different bios onto the xbox to flash it...Like other said, he probably just flashed from evox (but if he put evox on he would have needed a disc)....He used a disc at some point, u just didn't catch it...

The process is:

1. Unlock the tsop by brindging the pads

2. Exploit in to the xbox to gain FTP access (this is when u use 007, MA, or splinter cell and a gamesave)

3. Now u can either run raincoat to flash the tsop, or another similar tsop flash utility, or upload a bios into the c folder and flash from evox.

4. Install a dashboard (like evox or whatever)

Done.

xboxmodder4life

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »

the reason ur unable to flash your bios is cause those two sets of points he soldered were unsoldered. Simply solder them back up and you'll be able to flash the bios with whatever u want

eminvil_12

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »

the guy installed evox on my xbox, so would he have just flashed the bios through that.

im pretty sure thats the only disc he inserted.

im going to solder those points up on my board and flash to m8 i think.
is it only those two points i have to bridge? no other points anywhere?

thanks

SniperXx

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2004, 06:29:00 PM »

Theres different ways to do the flash. I am prob wrong but if he did a TSOP flash he would have had to load a game in the system(may it be mech assault,Splinter cell,007) load a save off the memory card and then use his PC to flash it. Thats how I do TSOP flashes.

There is prob a way to load the save and it do all the work without having to use a PC.

Did he use his PC any or hook a broadband cable to the back of your Xbox? After he got done soldering. While you was there?

bourke

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »

Where/when did you have it modded?

I flash TSOP mods around Melbourne (done about 300 in the past year), but I always tell people when it's not a chip being installed. Plus my average (!) price for a TSOP is $40 (I used to only charge $30 last year!).  I only charge more for on-site installations, so depending on how far your guy had to travel $80 may not have been unreasonable (a fair price is $1 per kilometre).

I always give at least two options, e.g:

TSOP
Super Aladdin Live
Spiderchip
SmartXX v2
Software Mod

Oh, and if people come back wanting a switch (now popular due to Xbox Live being half price) then I just charge them $30 for it (and chuck in an Aladdin).

cheers,
Richard

eminvil_12

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2004, 09:34:00 PM »

yeah i live in melbourne aswell..... yay. this guy was from the trading post saying he was installing a modchip, now correct me if im wrong but a tsop flash isnt a modchip is it. an xecuter or aladdin is though. and this guys rate is $80 in all eastern suburbs. he does not charge more or less.

now what i really want to know is whether i can give him a call and say i want $50 back or something along those lines or i want a chip in my xbox thats what i payed for and thats what you advertised.

no he did not use a laptop and connect any cables to the ethernet port out the back of the xbox. but he definitely could have flashed it through evox if thats possible from what i have read in the forum.

im so confused as to what i should do, should i just buy a new chip install it and reflash the bios, is that possible or do i have to muck around with the xbox.

i really want to install a xenium or xecuter 3, but dont know what to do as i have the tsop flashed.

help appreciated and thankyou for all of your helpful replies

PS: Burke i had it tsopd 1 week before ninja gaiden was released in australia, i have done a bit of searching but have found various dates. sorry but i think it was around the middle of may this year

eminvil_12

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2004, 10:01:00 PM »

i can get into the MS dash at the moment though, is there any advantages to having a chip compared to a tsop flash?  

and if i was to get a chip would i just install it, but then what would i do.
could i flash it through slayers?

thanks for your help el diablo
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7