xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Winbound Isnt Flashing  (Read 234 times)

lordvader129

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2004, 09:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (unheard @ Aug 8 2004, 03:08 PM)
I ran across this problem about a week back. I started using the MechRaincoat w/ zero success. Finally I tried the MechEurasia, and wham, it worked fine. It was a v1.4, same Winbond TSOP, and I only soldered the top two points. I did not resolder between the Raincoat, and the Eurasia flash attempt, which leads me to believe Raincoat may not always work. This is just my experiance, so good luck with yours.

depends on your version of raincoat, i think .5 would report 0x0900 if the flash code wasnt in raincoat.conf

.7 shoudl never report 0x0900 unless the points arent bridged

punqewe

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2004, 02:34:00 AM »

I was pissed drunk when I did my first TSOP,I'm not saying that I'm good....I'm just saying that I'm a drunk. I used the raincoat 0.7 and it worked perfect....and from all the 1.2-1.5 machine that I've done and seen being done...there are only the top two bridges. I don't own a 1.2-1.5 machine,so i got to do the ever so fun extra wire crap with the pleasure of haveing a sharp made it even more fun. I mean,5 seconds of soldering and about 2 minutes of comands and your ready to shove in the lazy-ass autoloader....how hard can it be?

goggins

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

Ok, here's a question for you guys. How can I run raincoat without 007 AUF or any retail game (Mechassault)? Is there a linux distro that can run raincoat without any problems? Any ideas guys? (I would rent 007 AUF but my local blockbuster doesn't carry it)

Edit 1 ------

Let me explain further. I'm already soft-modding my xbox by using UDE. I want to do a TSOP flash so I don't have to sign anything anymore with using xbedump. So, without any retail games, how can I do a TSOP flash? Using a mecheurasia flash disc? Does that sound right?

Thanks for your help

Edit 2 -------

Also so you know, I have a 1.5 with a winbond, and I've already soldered the points. I would use Evox, but evox doesn't flash a winbond

lordvader129

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2004, 06:00:00 PM »

you cna use a eurasia flashdisc, but youll have to sign the xbe

you could also run the xbe from any gamesave exploits (also after resigning the xbe)

jinn

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2004, 02:34:00 PM »

I have no luck flashing Winbond - W49F020
This what i have.
Focus
v1.2/1.3 not sure
k  51.01.01
d  5659.03
Refurbish
I bridged both point in the top of board and the one on the bottom of board
When I telnet to it using Splinter Cell and raincoat 0.7
Starting at address 0x000000...
Trying to erase whole chip...
Done
Programming...
Done
Verifying...
Done
Complete
# exit

I have desolder the points and cleaned them use flux and did it again and no go does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong

lordvader129

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2004, 05:11:00 PM »

jinn: just FYI after flashing a new bios it will still go to the MS dashbaord (you have to install a new dashbaord to change that)

the telnet session you posted indicates a good flash

jinn

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (otherguy @ Aug 11 2004, 11:59 PM)
jinn:

That'd lead me to believe that it worked...  what bios are you flashing to the tsop and have you installed your dashs or not yet?

what exactly isn't working?

That's what it seems. but it's not flashing. I'm using X2 4983 and when i reboot it shows M$ right under the big X not X2. Since I can FTP to my Xbox before running raincoat do you thing I should downgrade M$ dash or will this make no diffrence. If I don't get this to work what Chip would you recommend.  I just want to upgrade HDD, have XBMC, a new dash, Emus.

Meurig

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »

Bioses ca nsay whatever they like under the XBOX logo - MS, X2, marix, heck mine says Meurig.  If you want to know if it's flashed properly try running some unsigned code (a 'lazy asses autoinstaller' for example).  If this still doesn't work then there's a possibility you've actually got the official MS bios instead of an x2 bios - try changing the bios.bin file.

If you want you can even use xbtool to colour mod the bios before loading it, making it obvious that it's been flashed properly.

As for which point to use, the other day i got out my multimeter and had a good look, the bottom pair is indeed an EXACT COPY of one of the top pairs - it's true that if you stick a tiny wire through it doesn't line up, but there are circuit board traces joining the the pair you need to solder, to the pair of points hwere the wire would pop though.  If you needed to solder the bottom pair, then you hadn't soldered the top properly - really.

That's not to say it isn't sometimes easier to flip the board over and do the bottom ones instead of re-doing the top, once you've had a few attempts you tend to get thi clear waxy coating on everything and it makes your life hell.

Just my £0.02
Pages: 1 [2]