xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Winbound Isnt Flashing  (Read 236 times)

terrorvis

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« on: July 19, 2004, 03:50:00 AM »

0x09..    You using evoultionx then?   EvolutionX can not flash winbond chips.  you need to use raincoat (or a raincoat based flash pack).

If you are using raincoat to flash, then your points are not correctly soldered.

solvil

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 06:47:00 AM »

if you connected top 2 points correctly, try connect 3rd point of Bottom side!

http://www.xbox-scen...tsop-images.php

terrorvis

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 07:14:00 AM »

Sorry, but 0x09 means it can't read the bios, which means the jumpers are not connected properly.    Try again I suppose!  The third point which solvil mentioned is simply a duplicate of one of the jumpers on top (and is a little harder to solder as it is a pair of via's).

tankertux

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »

Stupid question... You are using raincoat so that you can flash the TSOP via TELNET right?

If not, that's what you're doing wrong.

red12

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »

INVALID MANUFACTURER ID: 0x09

been seeing that one way too much now with this xbox.. connected the bottom points, fixed up the top.. still getting that.. what else can i try?

red12

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 02:55:00 AM »

ok, just cleaned them off completely and redid them.. same thing.. any kind of help or info would be greatly appreciated

punqewe

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 03:40:00 AM »

would the wire from the third leg in from the left on the top of the tsop to the R702 do anything to help here.It's some tiny soldering,but it save alot of steps.....dunno if this will help though.user posted image

red12

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 05:11:00 AM »

dont happen to have a larger picture for me to go on do you? =)

Th3Count

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 06:19:00 PM »

Im having the same problem

the TSOP is version W49F020T

I have cleaned and re-soldered, this is also not my first TSOP flash.

red12

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2004, 03:11:00 AM »

got mine working.. it just worked pretty much..

heres are things that could of possibly made it work for others

1. i cleaned my points real good, and scraped at the a lil (read somewhere about a coating over the points, just got to be careful not to chip thme off)
2. im using conductive ink, so i taped up the areas around and give it a good layer on it just to be sure they are connected
3. connected the bottom point as well

and be sure to always use raincoat.. i dont see why people even bother with evox, it can go good, but with evox, it can go bad.. raincoat always a for sure thing as long as didnt fuck up on anything.. thanks to those who help.

antsaia

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004, 11:11:00 PM »

**Winbond - W49F020T TSOP FLASHING**

Winbond W49F020T-90B TSOP
Connexant Video Decoder
v. 1.3 XBOX I think

Ok heres the deal. I read just about every post there is about flashing this brand TSOP. So many people have had problems with this chip. I think the reason for this is that there are so many variants of xboxes out there, and for most of the v. 1.2+ XBOXes flashing the TSOP only requires you to solder the 2 points on top of the motherboard seen HERE.

But for me it was different. I was using raincoat to flash my TSOP and I had those 2 points soldered perfectly. I tried over and over again, with every different version of raincoat, and it just would not flash.  I decided that maybe I needed to solder the point on the bottom of the motherboard seen HERE. But every post I read and every person I spoke to in #XBOX and #xbox-scene, all told me that I only needed to solder the points on top. They told me this was the case for every XBOX out there.  Well NOT MINE!!!!.

I decided to solder the bottom point, and WALLAAAA - the TSOP flashed 1-2-3. Dont believe what everyone is saying!! It may be necessary for u to solder that bottom point in order to flash ur TSOP. It was, for sure, in my case.

I ended up using the raincoat version that comes with the MechRaincoat (MechAssault save game with Raincoat). I dont remember exactly where I found this file ( I downloaded it last year), but I know there was a link to it somewhere on the boards.

Hope this helps someone, and saves them alot aggrevation blink.gif

acemilo

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2004, 01:17:00 AM »

The conductive ink was your problem.  Use solder next time and you won't have these kinds of problems.

terrorvis

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2004, 03:39:00 AM »

antsaia put a multimeter on that bottom point you soldered, and on the top one.  I guarentee that bottom jumper is a duplicate of one of the top ones.  The third point only makes it work if the top duplicate is not soldered properly. Honestly you can swear blind you need three, but you don't, trust me.

red12, glad to here all went well in the end.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2004, 11:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (antsaia @ Aug 7 2004, 12:10 AM)
My xbox is a 1.3 and is exactly what u see in those pictures.  Many others are having the same problem as I did because people like u think they know everything and give the wrong instructions.  Please dont mislead people when u dont what ur talking about.

ahem, terrorvis DOES know what hes talking about, and i have never known him to mislead ANYONE, he might not know everything but he comes pretty damn close

the bottom points ARE duplicates of the top, just because they dont line up in physical location doesnt mean anything, i have flashed dozens of 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5s using just the top points, including W49F020Ts with no problems except when my sodlering wasnt up to par (resoldered top sets ONLY and it worked fine)

just cuz your an expert in soldering doesnt make you perfect, sometimes the points dont get bridged on the first try

terrorvis

• Archived User
Winbound Isnt Flashing
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2004, 03:21:00 AM »

ahem, terrorvis DOES know what hes talking about, and i have never known him to mislead ANYONE, he might not know everything but he comes pretty damn close

Aw, thanks man!  You can't force people to listen though, can you?
Pages: [1] 2