xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1.0, Stuck In Reset Loop  (Read 125 times)

lordvader129

• Archived User
1.0, Stuck In Reset Loop
« on: July 19, 2004, 06:13:00 PM »

sounds like a clock loop, the only luck ive had with fixing that is installing a modchip

for future reference, always solder first, THEN install your exploit

imamafackinhokie

• Archived User
1.0, Stuck In Reset Loop
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 06:36:00 PM »

hotswapping is dangerous.

under_score

• Archived User
1.0, Stuck In Reset Loop
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »

Describe the clock loop that you are in.....

LED light colours, errors, etc.....

What's going on?

narf003

• Archived User
1.0, Stuck In Reset Loop
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 07:50:00 PM »

smile.gif My question as far as repairing it would not involve hot-swapping, but I dont know if it would work.

under_score - I'm not sure what you mean, but it boots up (visual and audio as well) using the regular green XBox logo, as it should at this point, then right when that fades away and the dashboard would come up there is a Green blurb that shows up (about 1/3 the size of the tv screen) on the right hand side, almost looks like the menu for M$ dash coming up, but after about a half second of that the LED blinks green, tv flashes, xbox resets, then goes back to solid green and repeats the process.

lordvader129

• Archived User
1.0, Stuck In Reset Loop
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 08:06:00 PM »

a repair such as the one you described would require hotswpaping, as if you try to cold boot that HD in another xbox it wont be able to get unlcoked, resultin gin error 6

best bet would be try to hotswap right when the "blurb" shows up, and remove your exploits

narf003

• Archived User
1.0, Stuck In Reset Loop
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

I can get my hands on an old Enigmah chip.  Would installing this help me get on my way? I'd eventually have to return it so what would be the best route to eventually flashing my onboard TSOP and going with my first plan of dual booting the original 3944 and the executer2-4981.06 with the switch on A19.

lordvader129

• Archived User
1.0, Stuck In Reset Loop
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

i dont think the enigma will work, as the enigma biso does not skip the clock check, it will still try to load the MS dashboard

aquiesce

• Archived User
1.0, Stuck In Reset Loop
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 07:34:00 AM »

smile.gif
I am about to try it now as I have had this problem for ages now sad.gif

narf003

• Archived User
1.0, Stuck In Reset Loop
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

So I fixed the problem, with not too much of a hassle.  I was freaking out before because it's my first mod, and not my XBox, but it wasn't really that bad.  I hotswapped the hard drive right before it reset, and then used xboxhdm to repair it.  Option 2 works really well, rebuilding the C partition from scratch; well, from whatever you put on the CD in the /linux/C folder.  I put the original fonts and dashboard, so that I could make sure things worked, then set the clock, soldered pins, put my exploit on, and flashed the bios.  I realize I couldve put the exploit on all at once when I was rebuilding the partition, something like UDE that doesnt check the system clock and therefore would avoid the clock loop, but I wanted to do it in steps to make debugging any problems I ran into easier.  So now I'm running 3944 and 4981.06 on the first and second halfs of the TSOP respectively.  My hdd is locked (and retail), and I left the pins jumpered for future flashing.  Is there any downside to keeping the pins jumpered or will I still be able to get on XBL assuming I boot to the right dash?