xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Tsop Flashing So Easy  (Read 555 times)

lordvader129

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2003, 05:54:00 PM »

i respect Xeero, i dont really see him says TSOP modders are stupid, lol, i dont consider myself a "TSOP badass" i juts did alot of research and alot of reading and found out that my wallet was empty, lol, so TSOP was looking might inexpensive at that point, lol, i did it, im happy, but if someone gave me a free 2.1 id install it tomorrow, lol

Xeero

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2003, 06:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (lordvader129 @ Jul 27 2003, 09:54 PM)
i respect Xeero, i dont really see him says TSOP modders are stupid, lol, i dont consider myself a "TSOP badass" i juts did alot of research and alot of reading and found out that my wallet was empty, lol, so TSOP was looking might inexpensive at that point, lol, i did it, im happy, but if someone gave me a free 2.1 id install it tomorrow, lol

So you're not a hardcore anti-modchip 'I'm-a-TSOP-badass' poster?  No worries, then, I wasn't addressing you.  laugh.gif

dawhiz

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2003, 11:13:00 PM »

smile.gif

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2003, 01:58:00 AM »

Oh what the heck may as well jump on this thread:

TSOP or MOD - I use both and here's the examples:

ver 1.0 - usually a quick tsop is used on an old s/hand xbox rather than use a LPC mod on wires or clean the holes out for a header pin. I use just the single 1mb bios though. Done about 10 ver 1.0's - half of which was with Messiah-X before 007 came along

ver 1.1 - LPC mod on header pins is used, usually just a cheapmod 256kb bios as this will suffice for what most peeps want and will leave the option of a switch for Xbox LIVE

ver 1.2 and/or 1.3's - hmmm tricky one to say what may or may not be used before the thing is opened but my guides are:

Winbond bios - so far up to March 2003 were mod-able with cheap LPC mods so off the say 5 Winbond mobo's 4 were cheapmod-ed and 1 was tsop flashed with raincoat 0.5

ST bios - these are the ones I have tsop flashed as a number of peeps have reported these may only work with X2.2's so have used older raincoat 0.3 or more recently 007evox

In addition to all the above have fitted about 4 wired-in cheapermods/Xecutioner clones & 3 Open Bioxx mods to ver 1.0, 1.1 & 1.2 winbond green le xbox's - so not afraid to fitting wired-in mods either - takes me back to the messiah-x days

both mods and tsop are cool in my view but I always inform peeps that tsop means no LIVE but most don't seem to care about the LIVE option

I wouldn't say 1 is better than the other - though on 1.3's - you can save around £35 on a tsop flash as opposed to using a X2.2 lite but no live option so it's a matter of choice there.

Flashing tsop's is still risky but had at least 3 mobo's - 2 x 1.0 & a 1.3 that have had the LPC port nuke'd by failed mod attempts - in this case the tsop flash was perhaps a life-saving option for the xbox upgrade

However - like in the ver 1.1 & 1.2 Winbond xbox's - I prefer to use the header pin mod's. Only a 256kb cheapmod bios but does the job and provides a LIVE option as well as a nice hot-swap flash upgrade too

More importantly to all tsop peeps - I ALWAYS test any new/different 256kb bios on a cheapmod first - if I screw up then usually I can salvage/reflash with hot-swapping through evox - then if bios is ok then I may use on a tsop AFTERWARDS - but if i screw up then it's just £10 down the pan and not a mobo's tsop
(flash a tsop with a moody/wrong bios and you do have a little problem on your hands)

So I still use both methods and think they are both very good indeed - I don't really think the tsop is that much quicker really - if you decided to remove the mobo to work on it easily or you would have to anyway in the case of a ver 1.0 or 1.1 anyway.
Once the board is out say on a ver 1.1 then fitting the header pin & using the alt D0 is about the same time for me as a 007 evox tsop as I don't have to copy the game save and load game/save/flash

As far as the topic title says - tsop flashing is so easy......

Uhm before anyone says this n that is better - perhaps a massive thanks should go out to all the peeps that have helped with xbox development rather than just follow instructions/tutorials of tried and tested methods - that is hardly rocket science is it

And of course lets thanks the Xecuter peeps - if you don't use their mods then I dare say most are using the X2 bios in whatever upgrade method you use

assmonkey

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2003, 02:13:00 AM »

how is tsop cheap(or no cost)?
when you have to buy memory card and the game
and if you don't have a modded box to get the save form
you got to buy that expensive megaX memory card

chilin_dude

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2003, 02:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (assmonkey @ Jul 28 2003, 11:13 AM)
how is tsop cheap(or no cost)?
when you have to buy memory card and the game
and if you don't have a modded box to get the save form
you got to buy that expensive megaX memory card

Rent the game out and then hot swap the hard drive?

vtex

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2003, 03:02:00 AM »

Whats with the rolling pins? Sometimes peeps on here can be worse than my beatch. and she's a whiney cow at the best of times. Modchip or TSOP flash is a matter of opinion. You can't immediately say that one is better than the other because it aint. They are both means of achieving the same goal. They both have advantages.

Pizza Pizz

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2003, 03:27:00 AM »

memory card was £1 at some cheapy Poundland shops in UK

game 007 can be hired or bought s/hand for about £10 to £14

so for under £15 you got all ya need to flash tsop's

Xecuter 2.2 is around £35 delivered but have listed my pro' n cons for this and where & when I use them both

lordvader129

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2003, 10:32:00 AM »

you can replace the second box (and mem card) with a mega-x key or similar device, i personally already had AUF and was purchasing a mega-x, so TSOP worked well for me, a modchip may be easier for you, thats where research is in order :-)

modchippers, TSOP flashers, why cant we all just get along? isnt the point that we are all modding our xboxs? we may take different routes, but isnt it for the same effect? (moving speech, no?)

prime0196

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2003, 10:48:00 AM »

In terms of cost.... you could actually download the save game file (no need for modded xbox), rent the game ($5.00), memory card (15.00 on half.com), usb adapter (to get downloaded save game file on mem card).  But the easiest route would be to buy a memory card with the save game on it from the buy/sell section of this forum!

Another note:  I've recovered from a few mistakes by using the game save exploit to FTP back in the box (when evox would not boot), so having that save game file can be a lifesaver.

Noilegnave Siseneg Noen

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2003, 12:53:00 PM »

tongue.gif

warbeast

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »

laugh.gif

deadspider

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2003, 01:26:00 PM »

TSOP is the way to do after installing PS2 modchip xbox chipping/flashing is like walk in the park....
ive had matrix first and that fuc... didnt work every time you moves the xbox.
TCOP is so easy to do and unless your a fuckhead using the wrong bios your cant mess up and if you do you can get a cheapmod for $8
and as for live i dont use it but if i did with 1.2/1.3 ill go with a cheapmod for $8 and not some modchip for 30 or even 50 bucks.
some people will say well WHAT IF the new bios is 512k well if there ever 512k for a bios and i need it to play games i will buy the cheapest mod i can find im sure SST chips make 512k chips aswell

RadiatedAnt

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2003, 05:09:00 PM »

rotfl.gif This thread is burning down with all the flaming....so much anger muhaha.gif

MikeHolliday

• Archived User
Tsop Flashing So Easy
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2003, 09:20:00 PM »

I dont get it, how is it so easy? all the tutorials require linux, a memory card, action replay, 007, or other shenanegins, what are you people talking about?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5