xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: F***ed Up My Box W/ Matrix Tsop Flash  (Read 186 times)

Cali

• Archived User
F***ed Up My Box W/ Matrix Tsop Flash
« on: June 15, 2003, 02:58:00 PM »

I don't know much about this stuff but I am pretty sure that your onboard tsop is fubar. Thats why the have alot of dsiclaimers about matrix being ubstable for that. I really hope you can find a solution sorry that it happened. Good luck.

Romps

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2003, 03:07:00 PM »

if your tsop is fubar and your matrix has a bad flash
have u tried plugging matrix into pc and reflashing it ???

WodMan

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2003, 04:13:00 PM »

Hey,

According to the tutorials, you need a special bios on the Matrix, then you can flash the TSOP, however I have not been able to make mine work.  It works with the Matrix with any other bios, however when I flash with the tsop bios, the box won't boot.  I am thinking that I have a bad tsop bios, or something like that.

ice1138

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2003, 05:36:00 PM »

If it froze after 25% then you may be able to boot the box using and ground wire attached to A18 and A19. If not, then you will not be able to fix the TSOP using the Matrix chip anyways. The matrix tsop flash only works if there is a partial bios.

-ice1138

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2003, 07:16:00 PM »

ok here's what happenned. You are indeed both dumbasses but I will fix you back up. I did not read many of the previous posts before this one so if anyone has stated any of this before... sorry but I do it better.

1. First you flashed with evox_matrix_tsop_flash.bin. It booted in your friend's machine and you flashed with a 256k bios. So basically his tsop has 4-256k banks. You erased them all and programmed the first one. The problem is by default the xbox boots from the last one. So it thinks it has no bios and doesn't boot. Do the multibios tsop switch and switch to bank 1. It will boot and you can then flash the other banks.

2. Second when you put it back in your xbox it did not boot because you left that tsop flash bios on your chip and you did not intend to flash your tsop so you didn't ground the right point and it did not boot. You'll need to flash with a different bios. The bios on your tsop hangs after the animation because you have evox named xboxdash.xbe and that is what it tries to load. The problem is, evox is unsigned code so the original bios won't boot it.

Learn what you are doing before doing it next time. wink.gif

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2003, 10:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (BCfosheezy @ Jun 15 2003, 08:16 PM)
ok here's what happenned. You are indeed both dumbasses but I will fix you back up. I did not read many of the previous posts before this one so if anyone has stated any of this before... sorry but I do it better.

1. First you flashed with evox_matrix_tsop_flash.bin. It booted in your friend's machine and you flashed with a 256k bios. So basically his tsop has 4-256k banks. You erased them all and programmed the first one. The problem is by default the xbox boots from the last one. So it thinks it has no bios and doesn't boot. Do the multibios tsop switch and switch to bank 1. It will boot and you can then flash the other banks.

2. Second when you put it back in your xbox it did not boot because you left that tsop flash bios on your chip and you did not intend to flash your tsop so you didn't ground the right point and it did not boot. You'll need to flash with a different bios. The bios on your tsop hangs after the animation because you have evox named xboxdash.xbe and that is what it tries to load. The problem is, evox is unsigned code so the original bios won't boot it.

wow nice theroy, but wrong.... you see evox flash's the whole TSOP at once. then reprograms it... you see if he did program the bios on to the TSOP. then the bitch wouldnt even get to the bluber screen. because bank 2,3, and 4 would be erased.
what i think happend is they didnt fully disable the chip. connection 15 must have still been connected.
he maybe still be able to fix it with out sending it out. assuming that the matrix works.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 10:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (smokeingit @ Jun 16 2003, 01:31 AM)
QUOTE (BCfosheezy @ Jun 15 2003, 08:16 PM)

wow nice theroy, but wrong.... you see evox flash's the whole TSOP at once. then reprograms it... you see if he did program the bios on to the TSOP. then the bitch wouldnt even get to the bluber screen. because bank 2,3, and 4 would be erased.
what i think happend is they didnt fully disable the chip. connection 15 must have still been connected.
he maybe still be able to fix it with out sending it out. assuming that the matrix works.

hahaha WRONG. The poster's friends' xbox has the tsop that was flashed 1/4. The poster's xbox never had a tsop flash attempt, which is why it gets to the flubber animation. Learn to read before you try to prove me wrong.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2003, 10:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (Novel_Idea87 @ Jun 15 2003, 11:42 PM)
ok,
new problem has occurred and i dont kno how because i have not touched it since the original problem came up.  I boot up the box and it does that 3 times to boot and then flashes green and red.  my Programmer was fried and i cant flash my chip from comp.  PLEASE HELP!!

PS BCfosheezy:  If everyone learned all there was to know about something before they did it, then there would be no point to help forums.  People who come to forums don't know everything, and they hope to find ppl who do and can help them.

oh contrare. The help forums can be read before you get into trouble so therefore the point is to read what and what not to do before you do it. Never jump into anything unless you know exactly what to do. When you're wrong admit you're wrong.

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2003, 11:23:00 AM »

im sure Novel_Idea87 erased the whole TSOP like i said thus fragging the tsop because like i said the TSOP was erased first because of evox. its clear that you have no idea the way evox works BCfosheezy, try flashing a chip or something with evox one day and maybe youll understand the method. raincoat does the same thing you stupid fuck. learn the facts before you talk out of your retarded ass.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2003, 03:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (smokeingit @ Jun 16 2003, 02:23 PM)
im sure Novel_Idea87 erased the whole TSOP like i said thus fragging the tsop because like i said the TSOP was erased first because of evox. its clear that you have no idea the way evox works BCfosheezy, try flashing a chip or something with evox one day and maybe youll understand the method. raincoat does the same thing you stupid fuck. learn the facts before you talk out of your retarded ass.

OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
first of all don't curse at me or call me stupid because you look pretty damn stupid now.
I explained that you were talking about something completely different when you tried to prove me wrong. Furthermore everything I said in my first reply is completely accurate. If you try to program a tsop with a 256k bios is erases the entire tsop (like I said above) and flashes 256k of the bios which is 1/4 of it. I can prove this because I have repaired a few that my idiot friends have done.
He flashed his friends' tsop and flashed it with 1 256k bios. It doesn't boot. Then he put the matrix with evox tsop flash bios on it back in HIS xbox and it did not boot obviously. He took the chip out and got the flubber animation.

Read my original post and feel stupid you damn idiot. ADMIT WHEN YOU'RE WRONG.
Don't come at me with putdowns junior cuz you're not gonna win.

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2003, 05:24:00 PM »

im gonna kill your stupid fucking theory really fast. unless that guy was using a ultra old version of evox. you would know that evox will quad it for you so this mistake would not happen. in other words. 256k x 4, you can sure as hell read the NFO on this. or make a post so everyone can laugh at you. like i said before read before you look less then an ass you already are.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »

hahaha once again you prove your stupidity. First of all let me note that it DOES say it automatically adjusts the filesize of the bios to fit your flashrom, it only does this if you are using a bios that is too big for your flashrom. I flashed one bank of a chameleon with a 1 meg bios and it sized it down to 256k for me. If you flash a 256k bios on a 1 meg chip it does not make it 1 meg. I have seen many people do this and they had to make the multibios switch to fix it. So no you did not shoot my theory down. I hope more people that have had this problem come in here and tell you how wrong you are.

A little backup <--- click this

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2003, 09:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (BCfosheezy @ Jun 16 2003, 08:46 PM)
hahaha once again you prove your stupidity. First of all let me note that it DOES say it automatically adjusts the filesize of the bios to fit your flashrom, it only does this if you are using a bios that is too big for your flashrom. I flashed one bank of a chameleon with a 1 meg bios and it sized it down to 256k for me. If you flash a 256k bios on a 1 meg chip it does not make it 1 meg. I have seen many people do this and they had to make the multibios switch to fix it. So no you did not shoot my theory down. I hope more people that have had this problem come in here and tell you how wrong you are.

A little backup <--- click this

OMG YOU ARE FUCKING DUMB!!! i thought it was just that you were confused... but shit you really dont know anything. Like i said unless its an old evox... it should not happen... and the funny thing about your little back up thread is... that he posted is my GUIDE, so i must know something... and also i hope people see this thread so they can laugh and point at you. dude, you really have no clue what your talking about. put your head in the sand your done.

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2003, 09:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (BKemp1984 @ Jun 16 2003, 10:18 PM)
OK, here I go: I am Novel Idea’s friend. Here is the long story:

I tried to flash my v1 Xbox with Enigmah using this:
http://www.xbox-scen...ticles/tsop.php
I joined the points and got access to the TSOP.  I did two things wrong: I forgot to cut wires 15 and 21, and I used a 256k BIOS (X2 4973) instead of a 1 meg. I got 25% done with the flash before it froze. After, I got the typical 2 boot tries, then power the third time with red error light.

I tried ground A18 and A19 individually and together, same problem existed.

Then I enlisted the help of Novel Idea87. We attempted this:
http://www.xbox-scen...ix-fix-tsop.php
I disconnected my Enigmah wires 15 and 21. We attempted to flash the Matrix with the EvoX_MatriX_TSOP_flash, but we forgot to change the Matrix mode, so it wasn’t write enabled. It said it erased and got about 10% done with flashing and it froze. (I have a point in telling that). We changed the mode, tried again, it worked. We put the Matrix in my Xbox in mode 4, as per the tutorial. It says, in step 4, that you will get orange and green lights. We got green, red, and orange. But when we put the Matrix in mode 3, my Xbox booted with no problems. I FTPed a 1 meg BIOS I had made from four copies of the X2 4975. We then tried to flash my TSOP again, it erased and got about 10%..........exactly as far as it got when we tried to flash the Matrix and didn’t have write access. This may just be a coincidence, but I don’t think so after what happened next. We restarted, and we got the “2 failed boot/3rd time start with red error light” power on. We had done something to the chip. How, since the chip was in mode 3, I don’t know. We then put the chip back in Novel’s Xbox. We tried to boot and it would start up with no video. The TV would go from black and white static to black, like it got a signal…….but that’s it. We got all green lights. We tried without the chip, and same thing. Keep in mind, his Xbox has never been soldered or flashed. We tried booting in all four Matrix modes with no luck. He then went home.

While he was at home, he tried again to boot. First he started to get to the Xbox animation and froze, then he started getting the “2 failed boot/3rd time start with red error light” power on. He had changed nothing about the Xbox or Matrix, but got two results he had not gotten here. His programmer is broken so we couldn’t re-flash his chip. We have a friend with an extra Matrix and will be trying that. If I have to buy a Matrix and piggy back off it because my TSOP is dead, so be it. Hopefully his will work once we re-flash his Matrix. I tried to flash my TSOP because I was having patching issues with games. I’ve been having trouble with XP. I figured the TSOP flash would save me from having to do all the flashing and testing my games on the HD before I burn. Since I was able to piggy back with his Matrix and the EvoX_MatriX_TSOP_flash, could I do the same with an X2 BIOS on the Matrix? I hope to flash my TSOP, but I will take what I can get.

I hope this clears up the confusion. Now please, no more arguing and name calling. Lucas (Novel Idea87) made no mistakes, except when we first flashed his Matrix, which caused nothing bad. I originally made the two mistakes, but would appreciate help and not being called a dumbass. Smokeingit and BCfosheezy, you have both been very helpful on the forums to me and others. I have no reason to doubt either of you. Hopefully, with this info., you can pool your genius together in our attempt to conquer the Xbox!  biggrin.gif  Thanx everyone, have a nice day, -Mathew

PS – Yes, Mathew with only one “T”…..I promise it’s not a typo  laugh.gif

that guide that your pointing at is mine. the reason i was fighting the point with dumbass is because if you did forget to disable the enigmah (which you did if you read back i was correct and he was wrong.) then the bios is corrupt. this is back because my guide wont work on that sort of bios. it will with wrong bios's but not ones that are screwed up. =/ in all the fighting i forgot to make that point. he was getting on my nerves with his stupidity in this matter that i didnt go into detail of the damage. the matrix fix might work on your xbox. but im not to hopeful because of the way it was flashed.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2003, 09:50:00 AM »

nope you're wrong on all counts. Everyone that has read this post that I have asked laughed their ass of at you and your ignorance. You truly are a motherfucking moron junior.

I knew it was your guide that was posted to fix tsop with matrix... that's why I picked this thread. Also several people say your method works with a blank tsop... several including evox say it will not work with no good bios on the tsop. I don't know I've never tried but that's not this issue. I didn't post the link to that thread so they could see your guide. If your stupid ass had read further... you'd have seen that evox didn't resize the 256k image to 1 meg. DUMBASS. HAHAHHA YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON. Oh and even the latest evox doesn't make a 256k bios 1 meg. It never has. It only sizes bioses down. You have not proved me wrong on even one count. You also have failed to make coherent sentences. You have only showed me and my friends and hopefully all readers of this thread how fucking stupid you are. Also I've been waiting for a long time to tell you how fucking dumb it was to post that matrix guide when you didn't tell anyone anything new except how to make sure it was aligned. hahaha it's not even a guide. you could have just so oh and during alignment...... so don't act like you're the man because you made a noob guide... so fuck you right in your stupid ass byatch.
Pages: [1] 2 3