xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Xos Version 2.0  (Read 340 times)

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« on: April 08, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »

Ok, so it's time to start shaking things up a bit. As we have said many times before, we love being first with groundbreaking developments, so here we go...

For obvious reasons, we will be supplying you with small tidbits of information as to what our HUGE news is all about. As is to be expected from a team like ours, (unlike many others) we only begin releasing information days before we are ready to release, so we will be posting regular hints before the start of the new REVOLUTION!
Our developments are so HUGE, and GROUNDBREAKING, that we are forced to jump straight from version 1.1 to version 2.0. Our new core advancements not only provide more stability and flexibility, but will help to expedite our unique development process, and will open up doors and break through boundaries never possible before.
We have been working really hard and as we reveal more and more features in upcoming posts you will be amazed at what has been achieved!

That should be enough to get you guessing for now.
Stay tuned!

P.s. (could not resist one more hint) There are also new developments and improvements to our very own Super Crypt Stealth ACT system, that has been around since version 1.x, and is bigger and better than ever before.

It seems that OzXodus is planning something huge.

I wonder what it could possiably be....
Is this really something huge or just marketing?

ghostavel

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »

its great news,i guess we will find out in a few days .

Morglum

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »

Its something huge  wink.gif

Billy-X

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »

i hope the xos 2.0 will be better than smartxx os  tongue.gif
because we wait too long....  sleeping.gif

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 04:10:00 PM »

smile.gif

Sounds interesting.....

dethbunny

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

Well, they've been spouting for ages about hwo they deliver on what they promise.  So far they have a decent track record for delivering on the specifics, but so far we have *none* on this development, so it's hype.  Besides, what does it matter except for comparing dick size with the SmartXX crowd?  In the Xenium, I have a mod chip that works and allows me to run unsigned code, and that's what a mod chip is for.  Anything else is icing on the cake.

Of course, speculation is so much fun.   tongue.gif

geniusalz

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 05:47:00 PM »

Super Crypt Stealth ACT system, that has been around since version 1.x, and is bigger and better than ever before.

Anyone know what they're talking about here?

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 07:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ Apr 8 2004, 07:41 PM)

Is this really something huge or just marketing?

Yes/No.

Anything said by them.. and others.. of course is marketing. It is a business.

However.. v2 is a whole new ballgame OS wise for them.  How important it becomes to the end-user.. time will tell.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 07:50:00 PM »

I have no doubt it is a real feature.. but at the same time.. I'm sure it's a mild shot at Smartxx. smile.gif

kevhonda

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »

I have to agree with DEATHBUNNY and HSDEMONZ on this. My xenium does what its suppose to anything else is just nice to have. Agreed M$ checking for mods via LPC is more than likely in the near future and something will be needed to get around it, who wants to take the mod off the mobo everytime they get on XBL.

dethbunny

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »

I forgot to speculate earlier.  Silly me, I lost sight of what this thread's about!  I've been dying for a dozen features since the introduction of the Xenium to my 'box. (this afternoon, I'm a n00b) (but don't get any ideas, some of you may know more Xbox-specific stuff than I, but I'll kick your ass when it comes to any other geek-related field wink.gif )

Features I want:
1) The ability to edit BIOS features in the OS menu, for example configuring the XBOX logo screen colors, eject LED colors, etc.
2) Puppies.  Lots of puppies.  The menu is far too harsh and cold.  Maybe put this picture in the background, give users a warm fuzzy feeling.
3) That "Super Crypt Stealth ACT"-majigger.  I have no idea what it is, but stealths are cool, and crypts (either the dead-people place or the encryption kind) are always cool.  The ACT wasn't that bad to take, but damn if it was stealth and encrypted, I'm sure my score would have been lower.
4) The actual D0 wire that was supposed to be included in the first place.  Can they package hardware into downloads yet?
5) Software that imports the SmartXX OS updates, automagically giving the Xenium every feature they develop - so we can stop playing catch-up with each other and get on with our lives.

tiger

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »

Xenium v2.0
wow cant wait ... im sure there will be loads of coool features  beerchug.gif

marksu

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2004, 11:07:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2004, 11:37:00 PM »

Don't trust the verifiying app until it is.. uh.. verified by OzXodus. Fishy Business with it.

marksu

• Archived User
Xos Version 2.0
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2004, 11:40:00 PM »

smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7