xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xecuter Config Live  (Read 191 times)

adam71o

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« on: June 12, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »

I can't edit the original post, so here is the revision:

I just installed the Xecuter 2 5035 bios onto my 1.4 xbox on my X2 chip.  I configured X2 config live to my liking and then chose to bypass it on startup.  What do i do to get back to it?  Do i hold down a button on the controller while i'm booting?

Jtech|I

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »

The white button to be specific... wink.gif

ctgene

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »

the xecuter 2 does not work like the x3cl...the only way to change things for the xecuter 2 is through the config.ini file that you should put in the apps folder on the xbox....

Jtech|I

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »

No, it doesn't work like X3CL. It jus makes it easier and faster to edit the bios from the ini, instead of having to edit the bios on your PC and then reflash the chip...

jonrees69

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(adam71o @ Jun 12 2005, 10:17 PM)
I just installed the latest Xecuter 3 bios.  I configured X3 live to my liking and then chose to bypass it on startup.  What do i do to get back to it?  Do i hold down a button on the controller while i'm booting?

adam71o

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jtech|I @ Jun 13 2005, 05:43 AM)
No, it doesn't work like X3CL. It jus makes it easier and faster to edit the bios from the ini, instead of having to edit the bios on your PC and then reflash the chip...

adam71o

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 09:58:00 AM »

GAAAAH, the one thing I HATE about the X-S forums is the inability to edit a post after 5 mins after posting.  I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT   grr.gif

Jtech|I

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »

Obviously you didn't look hard enough, because in the readme the bios came with it explains everything... Including where to put the ini.

1. The ini goes in F:/ or E:/ (checks in F:/ first then E:/).

2. The exact name of the ini is x2config.ini.

3. Yes, the ini can be edited with notepad on your PC. If you have a text editor on your xbox you can do it that way, or you can ftp into the xbox and edit it like that.

Jtech|I

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »

Well now that you know it was there all along I'm glad... Sometimes they won't spoonfeed all the info you need, but look at that... doesn't look like it took so long for you to find it.
Wasn't that hard to find huh?

Glad I could help smile.gif

jonrees69

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(adam71o @ Jun 13 2005, 06:52 PM)

adam71o

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 11:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(jonrees69 @ Jun 13 2005, 07:07 PM)
I believe you are mistaken ....

Jtech|I

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »

... none (not one) of these files contains the words "put x2config.ini in F: root."

Maybe it is not in the exact way you put it, but the information you need IS in the readme.

Jtech|I

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »

1. - Now parses x2config.ini from the hard drive to give multiple bios customizations (Copy to root of E:)

2. - added: x2config.ini now first searched on F: and, if not found, on E: - if again not found then defaults are used

Did you somehow miss the "Copy to root of E:/" part? Is that to hard to understand... The reason I am defending the readme is because you are saying it doesn't contain information that it does have and can easily be found and understood. And in my last post I hardly insulted you... the closest thing I got to insulting you was saying that you didn't try to help yourself in reading a little. Cause obviously if you would've, you  would've easily found what you needed and saved us all this time. Didn't I answer all your questions and "helped" you in what you wanted to know. All you had to do is search on this forum and you would've found the answers to your questions, not to say read the readme to see where the ini goes. If you really think I've somehow "punished" you in posting what I have, I don't know what to tell you and can't see how you would think that. Everything I've told you has been the truth and really it comes down to you not reading or searching to find what you need. Yes, the point of XS is to help ppl and help I did....

EDIT: But pls, do reply and continue trying to prove that you are right when it is easy to see now you didn't read as much as you could've.

Jtech|I

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

smile.gif

jonrees69

• Archived User
Xecuter Config Live
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »

Heyyyyyy ..... wooooah ... slow down guys .... Cummmon .. Modding is suppose to be FUN !!!!

It wasnt my intention to wind anyone up or start a fight ......

I took the quote about the .ini file from the x2config.ini file in the 5029 BIOS RAR.  I'm not sure it mentions it anywhere else although I'm sure it must be somewhere else on Team Xecuter site ... but I havent looked.

J
Pages: [1] 2