xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 4981 Rebooting Problem. (green/red Flash)  (Read 525 times)

Mjkthirdeye

• Recovered User
4981 Rebooting Problem. (green/red Flash)
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »

waytobe, When d0 is grounded, i.e. modchip ON, it completely detours reading the tsop and reads the chip instead, The tsop is just the chip that holds the stock ms bios... so no it doesn't use the tsop at all. Believe me I know, I have dealt with quite a few tsops. Now you thought I posted you weren't playing... you were, just not with the tsop so it couldn't have gone bad just like that. I don't know what did happen but obviously it didn't work when you tried a 29 wire so its not the tsop. Maybe it WAS your powersource as Ticktanium said. try replacing that, or at least testing it. Remember a specific piece of hardware malfunctioning in it such as a powersource can cause it to.

.:**:.

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »

biggrin.gif .

try it your self jester.gif .

BTW i'm not kidding blink.gif .

ComputerDude5565

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »

.06 = All on F:   (6 Partitions)
.67 = 137Gig. on F: and rest on G: (7 Patitions G is the seventh)

06 is F:
67 is F: and 7 is G:

Simulacrum

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2004, 09:19:00 AM »

Only other thing to note is that I flashed the BIOS from EvoX using a 512k file (4981.06) into the 3rd & 4th banks. I tested it and I could still boot into the old bios in banks 1&2 after the flash.

JoePo

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2004, 06:44:00 AM »

It seems like a lot of people who are having this problem have xbox live installed, including myself.  I have a really old version on mine which I've really never used.  

Is there ANY possibility that some xbox-live settings/files could be causing a frag?

Ticktanium

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2004, 06:38:00 AM »

I have found that settng the TIME in the MS dash correctly and using a 1 Meg flash to be working well.  (YEAR 208X?)

I am not sure if live is detecting different banks of bios versions or configs or if live is not happy with the time setting.

My previous method was a power disconnect for a day or so or more quickly disconnecting the internal power connector.

Weird very weird but it is working now and has only fragged a few times as before it was constant.

As for the person banging the side of thier x-box.  You need to recheck your connections thats not the problem here.

I did flash one box back to a earlier bios 4974 and have not had any problems witht fragging at all since.  Also doesnt seem to experience the slideshow problem with XBMC with the older bios.

BobOnion

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2004, 09:28:00 AM »

the clock setting or re-setting for whatever reason in the ms dash seems to be a prevalent problem with the newer x2 bioses.

when rolling back the bios used to 4974, it works.

if the box is constantly plugged in, why is the clock resetting whenever it wants to?
I've been using 4981.06 on a 1.1 box, and whenever I get a frag reboot, booting from the original bios and setting the clock correctly from where it reset because it felt the need for some reason works every time.

But the clock still resets often(as in, everyday). Whattup. constant power. I'm at a loss.

Could it just  be that 4981 is bugged with resetting clocks?  Do boxes with 4981 working perfect on all boots get reset clocks-but with no impact, no frags?

hmm.

waytobe

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2004, 08:31:00 PM »

Mjkthirdeye and Ticktanium,

I only get a green solid light with the modchip on (either chip, any flash).
Flashing red/green (frag) with the chip removed or disabled.

So,

Mjkthirdeye, thanks, I see what you are saying and agree 100%.
Ticktanium, D0 Solder points or Bad Flashed Bios, and banging on the side of the box would make me a happy person. But in reality, I have something more than a badly soldered wires.  I checked that 100 times and once again just to make sure.

To prove this, I got a v1.0 of Ebay missing a DVD drive and both chips (Xbit and 29 wire Xray) work perfect in that box. (using the HD from the problem child also) So...     that leaves power supply and motherboard - including chipset, memory, cpu.  All parts of v1.5 which I've only seen people with newer equipment suffering from this exact problem (not loose wires, bad flashes, power cord not plugged in).

I want to thank you guys for the tips, I will investigate the power supply, since that's the last thing I can look at without blaming the motherboard (including all of its components -which could very well be damaged as part of a MS anti-mod attempt om v1.5).  

Mjkthirdeye

• Recovered User
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2004, 05:27:00 AM »

yeah waytobe I hope you get it sorted out and up and running...
it is starting to make me think it is the motherboard. but I dunno.
It also sounds like it could be the dvd drive causing probs. if you
have x2 4981, that may be why it goes to the green light because
it skips the dvd drive check but do you get any video whatsoever?
That and the xbox will frag if the ms bios can't detect the drive.
But like I said... I dunno.

anonymo

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: April 03, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

blink.gif

JoePo

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »

- Added ability to disable the Clock Error Check Hack
Reason: Some people report issues with clock constantly resetting

It certainly seems like this clock error check could be whats causing problems for a lot of people, especially since a lot of people say the frags stop if they go back to older bioses(that don't have the clock error check).  But I agree even if this is true it's not necessarily the fault of the bios itself.  

I'll have to try 4982 with and without this feature on to know for sure.

k3rn3l

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2004, 08:10:00 AM »

can you all test 4982 - post your findings please - thanks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]