xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: I have a FAKE X2 2.2Pro Chip what do I do now?  (Read 500 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
I have a FAKE X2 2.2Pro Chip what do I do now?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2003, 11:06:00 PM »

Here's an update of the situation: (At the time of this writing..)

http://www.americanx...s.com/x2pro.php  (brother site to xbox-modchips)

- Still selling the chips.. and still no mention on their siteregarding the authenticity or the problems of the chip.

http://www.xbox-modchips.com/  (sister site of americanxboxmodchips)

- Still selling the chips on their site... and still no mention of the problem regarding authenticity or the flash problems.  However.. they have EMAILED customers that have given them their proper email address (as noted earlier in this thread)

http://www.modchipworld.com/

- appears to have removed the chips from the main page of the site.. but still sellimg x2 2.2 premods with them HERE with no mention of anything.

http://www.modchipma...log/default.php

- Have properly and honestly removed the not authentic and faulty FAKES from their stock.  They also posted on the front page of their site clealry that they are wiling to make amends to the customers.  So far.. they have been the only shop of the four to properly deal with this situation. "Our apologies to anyone who may have been inconvenienced by this. We stand behind our guarantee to give you great products at great prices with great service."

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2003, 03:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (DiscoDave @ Dec 9 2003, 08:47 PM)
Well isnt that a big bowl of bannanas. What do you have to say to that Ubergeek??

its all lies  - ive told you before

take your nose out of xbox-modchips ass just for one second

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2003, 03:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (markduncan @ Dec 9 2003, 09:50 PM)
Hi  there

I  just see the thread with regards to the are those chips cloned or are they just a crap batch HAS BEEN CLOSED.

HMM i thought the whole point of this forum whas for discussion NOT a personal dictatorialship or fifedom

And in the thread i asked if anyone had noticed a few were having problems with X2.3's  

I had a Batch of chips and out of the batch TWO were faulty the REST were fine, i posted this and im afraid the reply that uberGEEK (yes i emphisized the GEEK bit)
gave was from an alloof asshole see the reply to my question below.

The guy never took the time to actually read the post PROPERELY if it was a user related intallation error as he quotes then explain,  why the other chips that were plugged into the same xbox that had the same Earth  and installation points as the non booting ones, booted  up ok if it was a as quoted user related error then ALL the dammed chip wouldnt have booted now would they.

and issues with 2.3's are user issues with simple solutions - all been sorted.

I DID and I reiterate DID have a lot of respect and time for you UBerGEEK but you have flushed your own reputation down the toilet in front of a LOT of people

with your attacks and simple pig headed attitude that you and your product and the quality of are above anything and anyone else

well hello come back to earth you space cadet.

regards

scotsman

we will sit and watch the attacks and flamers appear at will

here is more of my reputation down the toilet...

you're another moron

i post to tell people they've brought fake chips

i get bashed for this

the guy selling the fake chips lies through his teeth that they are from our factory

he lies about a fix

he lies that its an x2bm problem

ask yourself why ALL the other dealers dont have this problem - only guys who've brought from xbox-modchips

the thread was closed because of idiots like you posting drivel - i couldnt care less what you thought about me.

I dont need respect or a good vibe of a reputation from guys like you

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2003, 03:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (Supahobnobba @ Dec 10 2003, 01:14 AM)
I have just recieved an email from my retailer www.xbox-modchips.com
I too have been one of the unfortunate in this late november batch but there may be light at the end of this tunnel according to www.xbox-modchips.com
As Ubergeek likes to bash, he may be bashing to give other retailers a bad name. this i def do not know but may be a possibility.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We would like to inform all customers that have purchased a 2.2 PRO chip
from us in the last month, that there is an issue with the Flashing Software
(x2bm) that is used when plugging the PRO in via parallel cable to the PC.
We are working on a fix right now, it will be out by the end of this week.
We apologize for this inconvenience.

If you have not attempted to flash your chip with the LPT programmer, you
can still flash it with Evox, Cromwell
Flashbios(http://www.xbox-modc...shbios_v1_0.htm)
and or through the X2 Lite Programmer.

There are rumors that these chips are Clones and or Fakes, This IS NOT TRUE.
These chips come from the exact same factory the original chips come from,
and they made a mistake and put the wrong address on the chip for LPT
programming. The official distributors have gotten quite upset at us because
we are taking away from some of their sales and they have attempted to ruin
our reputation, by making false accusations. We assure you once again these
are GENUINE XECUTER chips, and there will be a fix out by the end of this
week so you can program your chip through the LPT Programmer on the chip.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am somewhat confused on this because i am being tugged both ways. Ubergeek sounds like they all full of shit but then xbox mods.....

meh, tell me what you think.

Hobba
PS reopen that original bad chips sticky!!!!
beerchug.gif  sleeping.gif

again this is lies

do i have to post any more times replying to this bullshit ?

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2003, 03:43:00 AM »

Uber.. it'll continue in this thread..

Keep any new bickering and preaching to this thread

The idea being they can rant and cry and point fingers in this thread.  Course.. it doesn't change the truth.. but they seem to feel better when they think they can express themselves "freely"

Actually got some interesting news.. I got confirmation #'s from 4 other (as in 4 others not already listed as selling Fakes) online shops for 2.2pro I ordered last week.(Friday)

Should be interesting to see if this mess is any bigger than it already is.  Anyone care to place any bets?  Course.. in this case.. since their names haven't been heavily linked to problems.. I'm not expecting any issues. Time will Tell.

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2003, 04:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Dec 10 2003, 01:43 PM)
Uber.. it'll continue in this thread..

Keep any new bickering and preaching to this thread

The idea being they can rant and cry and point fingers in this thread.  Course.. it doesn't change the truth.. but they seem to feel better when they think they can express themselves "freely"

I didnt see that bit. I should still be able to respond to cronies of these liars bashing at me just because im pissed that they are telling lies in Xecuter's name

They dont seem to apprecite that its not the clone that bothers me - its the fact they dont work, were sold in our name and are telling people that they were from us and its a mistake we made

But of course im not human and shouldnt react in the way I have done about this. It's amazing to me how the morons are bashing Xecuter as opposed to the scammer they brought from.

Rule of thumb for all people is not to buy any 2.2 stocks from an unauthorized source. Buy 2.3 - you can be safe for now that they are kosha.

quall

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2003, 05:12:00 AM »

I ordered one from there a month or so ago. Was a 2.2 lite (non-plus. And it was from the brother site). Anyways, it worked fine and seems to be authentic, so I don't think you have to worry about it.

Krill123

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2003, 05:38:00 AM »

If those fake chips where sold claiming to be from xecuter.. and they are proven not to be.. Couldn't Team xecuter sue them?

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2003, 05:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (Krill123 @ Dec 10 2003, 03:38 PM)
If those fake chips where sold claiming to be from xecuter.. and they are proven not to be.. Couldn't Team xecuter sue them?

lol of course not smile.gif

wsly

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2003, 05:45:00 AM »

I rcv'd a fake and was able to get it flashed by hot swapping with a working mod and an evox cd boot. After hot swapping I set the the external switch to flashing mode and chose flash bios from an evox cdrw I made and flashed with 1mb bios. I've also heard that an x2 lite programmer works as well. seems these chips have a different write code on the lpt write area which prevents you from flashing via lpt cable with current flash software, however it will flash as normal by other means (via cd, lite programmer)

if you try the hot swap method, just be aware you might have to do this a cpl times to get the bios to take as flashing via cd is flaky sometimes. But it'll work.

also, x2.2 lites should be all ok as the issue is with the lpt write area of the chip via lpt cable, and x2.2 lites do not use this

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2003, 05:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (T-X @ Dec 9 2003, 10:21 PM)
finally someone who stands up for himself, congratulations

user posted image

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2003, 05:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (wsly @ Dec 10 2003, 03:45 PM)
I rcv'd a fake and was able to get it flashed by hot swapping with a working mod and an evox cd boot. After hot swapping I set the the external switch to flashing mode and chose flash bios from an evox cdrw I made and flashed with 1mb bios. I've also heard that an x2 lite programmer works as well. seems these chips have a different write code on the lpt write area which prevents you from flashing via lpt cable with current flash software, however it will flash as normal by other means (via cd, lite programmer)

i've already explained this  dry.gif

Pro has 2 x cpld

1 is or the basic function (as a lite) and 1 is for the programming function

the fakes have a screwed up write function cpld

the main function cpld can and has been duplicated for a while now what with all the lframe cpld driven mods on the market once the cheap and chearful makers finally discovered how to do it 12 months after xecuter & pcbioxx did

it pains me to see you all looking for a "fix" as opposed to being pissed that youve paid for an Xecuter product and not recieved one

if shit gets kicked in your face would you just walk away saying that you shouldnt have got in the way ??

Krill123

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2003, 05:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (Krill123 @ Dec 10 2003, 03:38 PM)

lol of course not

--

Sorry.. Ment to say if they are proven to be fakes.. Cause they are obviously trying to pass the blame on team Xecuter.. When it's not even their fault. Like all big business, those stupid websites seeling chips obviously cut corners to make a profit..
So could they be sued for trying to muddy Xecuter's good name?

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2003, 06:13:00 AM »

think about what you are saying bro smile.gif

Krill123

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2003, 06:57:00 AM »

The xecuter chip is not illegal.. You are selling it with a cromwell legal bios.. So there is no legal issue's.. So yeah, if Xecuter has been registered as a company and trademark, you could sue those shitheads for unlawfull use of the company's name.

Anyway.. I don't know Xecuter's situation and nor am I a lawyer.. Just my two cents.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6