xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: I have a FAKE X2 2.2Pro Chip what do I do now?  (Read 500 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
I have a FAKE X2 2.2Pro Chip what do I do now?
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2003, 09:08:00 AM »

After discussions with xbox-modchips.com we have decided to help fix the situation, mainly due to the fact that the customers were expecting a product made by Xecuter and after some investigation xbox-modchips.com believed that they were buying genuine stock at the time. The amount they brought was quite limited and was the X2.2 Pro only. All other stock that they sell and have sold in the past is genuine product.
Xbox-modchips.com have agreed to purchase enough CPLD to repair all their current bad stocks and they will be sending these fixed versions out to the customers who received a none working mod. This is being done at their own cost.
They have agreed to make sure they sell only genuine stocks in future.

This news on the main page.. is encouraging.  It isn't the FIX that was promised.. as it isn't a software workaround.. which is exactrly what UBER always said.. which was the CPLD was GARBAGE on the fakes...  but..  if they can mangage to satifiy all involved with these replacements.. that will go along way to satifiy the customer.

Congrats on Team Xecuter for finding a way to help the sellers out.  It wasn't their responsibility.. but once again.. Xecuter stepped up to the plate.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2003, 10:02:00 AM »

Now I got a question..

What does this mean for the shops that bought chips from xbox-modchips?  Will they be able to return chips returned to them.. and get their fakes REPLACED as well?

Uber.. care to shed some light on this?

Also.. I suppose XBOX-MODCHIPS can answer this next one.. This link here shows you selling 2.2pros.. are these original authentic ones? fakes? or Fakes that have Replaced CPLD?

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2003, 11:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Dec 15 2003, 08:02 PM)
Now I got a question..

What does this mean for the shops that bought chips from xbox-modchips?  Will they be able to return chips returned to them.. and get their fakes REPLACED as well?

Uber.. care to shed some light on this?

Also.. I suppose XBOX-MODCHIPS can answer this next one.. This link here shows you selling 2.2pros.. are these original authentic ones? fakes? or Fakes that have Replaced CPLD?

i have told them the deal is to help everyone who brought fakes - the shops also

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2003, 03:29:00 PM »

i have told them the deal is to help everyone who brought fakes - the shops also

That is sweet. Props to Team Xecuter for making the save.

Question now is.. will any of these other shops want to sell or hand out these RE-worked fake chips?  Will customers want them back?  

I suspect that the shops that have had to deal with this.. will just not bother to touch this fix.. opting to wash their hands of the 2.2fake altogether and stick to surporting their clientele though refunds and upgrades to the new line of chips.

In my case.. I kept some.. (collectable maybe? smile.gif  ) and got a refund on others. I'd rather not play games with a re-worked fake that will have what sounds like a third party (not Xecuter) applying the the new CPLD.

rmjjensen

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2003, 05:42:00 PM »

I'm another one who purchased a bad Xecuter 2.2 from www.xbox-modchips.com.  I'm able to write to it, but the verification ALWAYS fails and then when I try to read what was writen it seems to be completely blank.  I'm so furious right now, simply because it's out of my control.  I'll try and get my refund, or maybe Xecuter will figure out what the deal with this chip is.

Anyway - i just want a mod chip ........what's the BEST site to order from?  Thanks.

chris26

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2003, 08:33:00 PM »

bad X2.2pro?
All I gots to say:
Hot Swap + Ghost = butter baby, smooth as butter...
word.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2003, 03:54:00 AM »

Original X2 2.2Pro Fake Chip Attention Thread HERE - FAKE MODCHIPS

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2003, 08:19:00 PM »

Did you even pay attention to what xecuter said?  The sites did not know they were buying clones.

webscripter

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2003, 09:00:00 AM »

I am so screwed.  I also bought a fake chip and I wanted to put it in myself.  I got the 3x on/off and then frag and I read it had something to do with the d0 point.  I soldered it on and off for so many times I cut a trace.  Trying to fix it I totally ruined my xbox.  So I bought a new one.  I paid someone to install it but I forgot to give him the piece between the chip en the lpt port (shame on me) so I had to flash it at home.  Finally, after 3 hours driving with the train I got the same error but I figured out I only got it when my printer cable was put in.  I browsed on the internet and found this.  Now, the idiot part (of which the blame is again on me), I forgot where I bought it but it was definately not the sites you mentioned.  It was a british site.  Well, thanks a lot genuine or whoever made the mistake.  You costed me a new xbox, someone to install it and probably a new chip.

blizz21

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2003, 07:08:00 PM »

Same thing for me... I install a 2.3l, boot the xbox with chip enable, hotswap the 2.3l with the 2.2pro, flash the 2.2pro with a CD and now everything is working!  BTW, you can plug the lpc connector of the 2.2pro directly on the 2.3l, it will work!!  But you have to install the USB connector to power the 2.3l  Also, I use the extra ground connection(for the header pin install) to ground the chip.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]