xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: I have a FAKE X2 2.2Pro Chip what do I do now?  (Read 504 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
I have a FAKE X2 2.2Pro Chip what do I do now?
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2003, 06:22:00 PM »

The chips aren't "BAD" it's just the progammer side of the 2.2 pro mine was freezing at 13% and wouldn't take the cd-rom flash but works great with the lite programmer.

They are "BAD" unless that was exactly what you wanted and paid for.

ohio

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2003, 07:23:00 PM »

I have read all these post and haven't seen the answer to my question.   Are all Xecuter 2.2 pro bad chips?  I just ordered one three days ago from a company in Florida called Mod Monster. Should I be cancelling this and wait for version 2.3 to come out?

Byrdclaw

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2003, 07:29:00 PM »

not all 2.2pros are fake.  It is possible that there is a retailer out there that has legit chips, but as it has been stated before..  all official retailers are out of 2.2 pros so if you didn't get them from an official reseller then you have a possibility of getting a bad chip.

Seanster

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2003, 09:06:00 PM »

The very same time the big thread started, we were installing 2 of 3 modchips. The first chip we managed to completely erase via the parallel port so it was useless. The second chip we booted up with the installed cromwell and flashed it from cd just fine.

We took the 3rd chip and swapped it for the dead chip and did the same flash via cromwell routine just fine.

Then today we tried the hot-swap someone kindly mentioned here in this thread. Booted up from slayer 2.5 cd and left it sitting on the last chance yes/no flashing question. Unplugged D0 connector, then pulled the modchip off the header pins. Put the dead modchip on the header pins and then connected D0. Said yes to the flash and it flashed just fine.

Thanks wsly for mentioning the hot swap trick. Flashing via parallel port wasn't a critical feature, certainly not worth attempting to return these chips to the loser .com that sold them.

I took some photos of the 'fake' modchip. Would like to know if they differ from the 'legit' xecutor.

http://www.seanster....gallery/modchip

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2003, 07:56:00 AM »

user posted image

wsly

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2003, 11:23:00 AM »

Thanks wsly for mentioning the hot swap trick.

No problem, I actually made an evox boot cd with a bios folder in it containing the lastest 4979 bios (1mb) and flashed thru that. This worked for me as Slayers Auto Installer was kind of picky on installing some of the bios's contained in its image.

KPE3ABA CMPT

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2003, 12:45:00 PM »

MY CHIP IS FAKE TO!

WARNING:

DON’T  BUY  ENITHIG FROM:

www.xbox-modchips.com

WERY BAD EXPERIENCE…
DON’T E-MAIL THEM (THEY DON’T RESPOND – WEISTING TIME).

DELIVERY is AFTER 40 days (you even forget what you ordered…)!

TRY to post your BAD EXPERIENCE ON ALL KNOWN GOOD FORUM, ABOUT THEM.

This kind of “company” should no exist.

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2003, 01:06:00 PM »

Just so you guys know.. we have a WebShop Ratings/Opinions Forum with a thread for each reseller.

Large Dopant white

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2003, 01:23:00 PM »

Personally, I'm more put off by Ubergeek's attitude than anything else... the way he presents his points is quite adolescent. To be frank, he's drifting back into the phase where Team Xecuter felt like having flamewars posted on the news page of Xbox-Scene (I still wonder what Xantium was smoking when he thought that was appropriate to post, but it's his site, so I must relent).
I said it before, Uber, that perhaps you shouldn't be the spokesperson for your team. You're not mature at all. I frankly don't give a fuck about your skills at hacking/coding/etc, because the amount of time you spend here must preclude you from doing anything but going to school or work, and very little time left for whatever it is you claim to do. I'm under the personal belief that the rest of your team either willingly keeps quiet and somehow doesn't know about your immature flamewars, or they're not fluent in English and, therefore, can't see how adolescent you make them seem (you do represent your team, y'know). Either way, they seem to be doing all the work while you're on the boards posting crap like, "Your a moron that doent no whta your talkin ab-ut. I'm |33+!" (exaggeration, but that's what it comes off as) for the better part of the day.
Either grow up or get someone else to do the job for you. I'd like to hear about news from the current top-dogs of Xbox hacking innovation without a moronic shout-out or flame thrown in.

mlren777

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2003, 02:43:00 PM »

I have a question for anyone.

I purchased a fake X 2.2 Pro. The kit I received included the parallel port adapter for flashing.

If I now purchase an X 2.2 Lite, will the rest of the hardware I received from xbox-modchips.com allow me to flash my Lite from my parallel port?

Basically, will the additional items I have received with the fake chip in essence make my Lite a Pro?

mafiafan123

• Recovered User
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2003, 03:32:00 PM »

grr.gif  grr.gif  You would not belive me if i said that my chip caught fire little sparks when flashing! CRAZY i got my xbox off before it did damage just thought i would say $#&%E@^&(*&@)$&  for something that can burn my xbox! it also erased my default dash i dont know how? THIS IS GETTING CRAZY

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2003, 03:51:00 PM »

WTF could they do to fix it? This sucks

Send your chip back now and get your refund.  Do not wait for a FIX that UBERGEEK says isn't coming.

You do not need to keep a FAKE chip that was shipped to you as an Xecuter 2.2pro.  Send them back.  You paid for a full chip.. not 13% of one. Not half of one.

Get ALL of your money back.. and get a NEW chip. (2.3 series now..)

Depending on who you bought your chip from.. there me be a time limit on how long you can wait before sending it in for a refund.

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2003, 03:52:00 PM »

STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE NEWS ON WWW.XBOX-SCENE.COM

BTW: I LOVE IT

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (2k2f4i @ Dec 12 2003, 07:41 PM)
any fix yet? tried to flash via cromwell and it failed. So I tried to flash via lpt port, BAD IDEA! Now cromwell is gone! It got to 13% like everyone else's...  WTF could they do to fix it? This sucks! grr.gif

if you read this thread you would know that you can:
1) use a x2.x lite programmer
2) flash with software on the xbox - since your chip will not boot, you can hotswap it into another modded xbox.
3) try to return/exchange the chip

I get why you all are flipping out acting like you dont know what to do with these chips - what you basically have here is:
You paid for a x2.2pro
You got a chip with the features of a x2.2 lite ohmy.gif

What can you do with this chip?
Anything you can do with an x2.2 lite.

jarepa

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2003, 07:34:00 PM »

any fix yet? tried to flash via cromwell and it failed. So I tried to flash via lpt port, BAD IDEA! Now cromwell is gone! It got to 13% like everyone else's... WTF could they do to fix it? This sucks!

Why these people keep looking for a solution that doesn't exist on this junk?  
Just get back to who ever sold you that junk and get a full refund (paysystems or your creditor bank) and with that money buy a LEGITIMATE XECUTER on one of the authorized retailers. It's just that simple.
Don't loop yourself like the dog trying to catch it's tale. You will never get it. Go back and ask for your money... My 2 cents tongue.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6