xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Spider Gx Won't Turn On  (Read 377 times)

smdtherock

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« on: December 07, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »

ok so i have spent the last 3 hours trying to get this stupid chip to work...it frags when the chip is on and 4 leds light up...when its off...it works normal and 5 leds turn on....i checked my connections over and over again...can i solder the leg with solder to hole the d0 on?

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 03:46:00 AM »

go to www.HackDaBox.com click on Spider GX !

Soldering wont really help with the Spider GX , squeeze it in and if you get all 6 leds on ( one led on the SPider GX and 5 on the SpiderWire PCB ) with the chip turned off then the legs are inserted ok make sure the Spider GX is squeezed onto the lpc !

Use the X2 5035 V1.6 bios and put the edited x2config.ini on your E:\ drive you can grab it from here ...

Edited x2config.ini

HackDaBox !

smdtherock

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »

Not Found
The requested URL /spiderGX.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
]

I tried last night...thats what i got just tried again and same thing sad.gif

also why are all the leds turning on when the chip is disabled..? wouldn't that mean that there is a connection? maybe its something else i need to fiddle around with?

smdtherock

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 11:06:00 PM »

no edit button? well i just broke a damn leg so i am gunna have to go out and get some solder sad.gif i wihs i had read up on this chip before i purchased...there is no way to just solder everything>?

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 06:46:00 AM »

http://hackdabox.ete...t/SpiderGX.html

My website does get busy but it is working fine for me ??? Anyway try the mirror site posted above !

Soldering is not really possible with the Spider GX ... i guess you could remove all the pogo pins and solder on a pinheader and then solder wires on the motherboard for a LPC rebuild but it would be easier to buy another cheap chip and solder that in !

Try returning the chip and order a different chip if you can solder like the duox2 !

hackDaBox !

smdtherock

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »

is soldering in a 1.6 xbox the same as when i did it way back with my x2? or has it gotten more complicated?>

thnx a lot too you're very helpful

also how is the x2.6ce lite with the xapter1.6? better then this junk i got?

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 02:29:00 PM »

Hell Yeah ! , Team Xecuter will give support for their products too !

HackDaBox !

smdtherock

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »

ok so before i go spending more money..which is limited...i tried soldering the d0 to the back of the mobo....i still get the same thing..i don't need the leg in the front correct? or do i still attach that anyway? could it be something else? cause like i said before all lights turn on when chip is disabled...just the d0 missing when chip is enabled...i am so frustrated right now...

thnx for the help

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(smdtherock @ Dec 9 2005, 03:05 PM) View Post

ok so before i go spending more money..which is limited...i tried soldering the d0 to the back of the mobo....i still get the same thing..i don't need the leg in the front correct? or do i still attach that anyway? could it be something else? cause like i said before all lights turn on when chip is disabled...just the d0 missing when chip is enabled...i am so frustrated right now...
thnx for the help

For the fact that it frags means your d0 is working !

It's the connection to the lpc that is bad , try pushing down firmly on the chip in different spots and turn on the box ( keep away from the power supply - leave the hard drive in the xbox but remove the dvd-rom and flip it so it's facing the wrong way around )

If it boots even once then your problem is poor lpc connection !

HackDaBox !

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »

OK there are 5 leds on the SpiderWire PCB. With the Spider GX off you should have all 5 leds on. When you turn the chip on only 4 leds will be on. There is also a LED on the Spider GX itself so you will have 5 leds on in total out of 6 !

HackDaBox !

superfedexman

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »

Dude I have the same freegin problem, I have spent a week on this board trying to find a fix.  SpiderGx just sucks plain and simple.  I am gunna try and exchange for the reliable Xenium ICE.  I know cause I've installed them and they are a walk in the park compared to this piece of shit spiderGx.

Bmx_rider

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »

i cant exchange my chip, cuz i cut the pogo pins from it, and i bought it from the net. so i'm stuck with it.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bmx_rider @ Dec 12 2005, 04:11 AM) View Post

i cant exchange my chip, cuz i cut the pogo pins from it, and i bought it from the net. so i'm stuck with it.

If you cut the pogo pins , How is it making contact with the LPC port ?

Please email the pics to [email protected]

HackDaBox !

smdtherock

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »

now that you have the lpc fix and i know that my d0 was making a good connection and i should be able to get it to work now. I have another problem...leg broke off...put it aside to solder back on, on one of my days off...now its gone...can i just use wire? if not what is an alternative to the spider wire legs?

EricTheBum180

• Archived User
Spider Gx Won't Turn On
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2005, 01:51:00 PM »

Hey i have a new SpiderGX i bought it because i flashed my regular spiderchip wrong, i put in my spider and when its off the regular dashboard runs, when its on it turns on, off, on, off, on (because it was flashed wrong) so i am assuming that the chip is working exccept for the fact that i flashed it wrong. When i put my spiderGX in i can get the 5 lights on the pcb and 1 light in the GX chip it will run the normal ms dash when off but when on dose the same thing as my normal spiderchip (on, off, on, off, on) as if it were flashed wrong. I have 2 questions 1) where does the washer go for the screw on top of the chip or under it? 2) also the the 16mb on the chip is ROM correct? if so why do the put it in a box with a magnetic seal won't that fuck up the rom and erase it.
Pages: [1] 2