xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Smartxx V2.0 + Usa Solderless Adapter  (Read 109 times)

bikehorn

• Archived User
Smartxx V2.0 + Usa Solderless Adapter
« on: February 16, 2005, 11:45:00 AM »

i regret to inform you that you wasted your money on a pretty good solderless adapter. the regular old V2 won't work with those things, only the "special edition" one with the red PCB.

that said, it isn't TERRIBLY difficult to do a solder install if you're patient and careful. if not, you might want to visit a local installer...

anyway, if you still want to know how to use the USA:

open your Xbox up, etc.

take those really tiny little metal things(rivets) that came in the USA bag and put them into the LPC holes, starting from the side closest to the front panel. remove the screw holding the motherboard down close to the LPC...now place the d0 wire into the appropriate hole(see pictures which can be foudn everywhere) and make sure it stays there. carefully line the USA up so each pin sits over the corresponding LPC hole(which now has a rivet in it) and push it down. use the provided longer philips screw to secure it to the motherboard.

put your chip on.

bikehorn

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »

smile.gif

The Xenium is probably the closest in terms of functional similarity to the SmartXX - and it works with the USA. i guarantee that because i use a Xenium + USA to fix people's softmods if they screw up.

marcus21

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 01:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(bikehorn @ Feb 16 2005, 06:51 PM)
i regret to inform you that you wasted your money on a pretty good solderless adapter. the regular old V2 won't work with those things, only the "special edition" one with the red PCB.

bikehorn

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(marcus21 @ Feb 17 2005, 08:52 PM)
What???  If you bought it as a kit it should come with the wire in place for D0 to go through pin 4 on the socket...  It will work and you didn't waste a cent...