xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox Chip Won't Load Stock Bios...  (Read 218 times)

bemad31102

• Archived User
Duox Chip Won't Load Stock Bios...
« on: January 22, 2005, 12:56:00 AM »

Which D0 wire are you using.  I had the same problem on a 1.2 with a Aladdin chip.  Xbox worked with chip on but no MS dash.  I checked the d0 wire (I used the on at the bottom of the motherboard) and some solder spilled over to the next point.  With this spill it was grounding out and MS dash would not load.  Check all solder point.  Make sure there is no other points touching each other.  I hope this helps.
  Also did you back up everything before you installed anything?  If you did just reinstall the dash and everything see if that works.  Again backup the c drive before you do this.  Again I hope this helps.
   Another thing you can try is going under a file manager and trying to launch the MS dash through there and see if the dash launches through there.

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 03:59:00 AM »

Yes recheck solder points and solder splashes , also after you fit a chip and use slayers or a evox boot disk you should ftp the original C and E files over becuase alot of new xbox's will not work using an old ms dashboard like 4920 (from slayers 2.5) so after you replace the hard drive and format it and install apps etc you will need to ftp the original C and E files back over to the new hard drive and lock it or the original ms dash will not load when the chip is disabled.

HackDaBox !

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 04:17:00 AM »

Why is it failing to load the stock bios when the mod chip is off

Its not to do with the stock bios not loading. the M$ bios is loading.
The problem is to do with the files on the HDDas mentioned by our friend HackDaBox.
If you want an easy fix for this use slayers to reformat and rebuild the HDD. make sure you chooese the correct options. all the original M$ dsah files and stuff will be replaced.
Otherwise its boot from the chip and FTP copies of the folders from a known good 1.6

HackDaBox

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 06:02:00 AM »

Yes this is correct but please use Slayers Auto Installer V2.6 only as V2.5 will not fix your problem.

HackDaBox !

tommyam

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »

Slyaers 2.6 did the trick! wow, thx guys... I did not even think to use a new auto-installer since my 1.0 mod was done so long ago... this is my buddies 1.6 machine which proved slightly more difficult but thanks to you guys, it's all good!

thanks again for your quick responses!