xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Thompson Dvd Drive Is @#$&@  (Read 602 times)

wickedson

• Archived User
Thompson Dvd Drive Is @#$&@
« on: January 08, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »

have you considered replacing the laser unit on your dvd drive instead? Could be a much cheaper alternative. I haven't met anyone who has done it yet, so I dont know if it really works or not.

CeREaL

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 01:32:00 PM »

i posted a topic about my xbox only working if i use the eject button to turn it on.. well i found out that the dvd drive is messed! i swapped mine for my friends so i can use my slayers disc cause my dvd woudlnt load anything it would just freeze so i reinstalled evo-x after sumthing went mysteriously went horribly wrong.... i used his thompsona nd everything worked like a brand new xbox but i put mine back ina fter that and no luck nothing worked! like when i open up boxplorer it freezes when i try to change the directory or when i goto xbmp it freezes at the main menu instantly becuz of the dvd drive! is there anyway i can make my dvd drive work?! i didnt do anything at all to the pot or whatever i never tried to tweak it ... it had always worked before my d0 point came unsoldered and now it dosent work any help?

johnney5

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 04:48:00 PM »

dunno, my thompson drive totally sucks as well, it used to read cd-rw like a charm, now it wont read a single cd-rw and i never tweaked the pot or anything.... And i know its not my burning method because i still have games from a long time ago that i used to play all the time, and worked every time. It sucks, im stuck  with a 120 gig harddrive and i cant get my dashboards on it or anything cuz i cant boot slayers cd, or evox. I gotta wait for my buddy to come over to bring his phillips

CeREaL

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 08:09:00 PM »

haha for both of us?? i think soo.. can anyone provide me with a addy for a good cheap place to get dvd drives for xbox?? and preferably a canadian one cuz im in alberta, canada