xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: X.ploit Modchip  (Read 204 times)

searchbandit

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2004, 02:49:00 PM »

They especially take big risks in releasing their Bios that 99,5% of modchips owner are using. and without which one they could not do anything from their mod.

It apply to user, manufacturer, programmer, well.. to the "scene" ..

ibizagtd

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »

Dear k3rn3l

I'm stating my opinion!
If u didnt think I was right u would be offended!
U would just ignore me!

and whats next?
u gonna tell us that xec IS the scene?

edit: typo corrected

theultimatechuff

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2004, 12:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (ibizagtd @ Mar 31 2004, 07:20 AM)
Dear k3rn3l

I'm stating my opinion!
U would just ignore me!

and whats next?

Ya, but from what I understand Ankarah is the same team that made the Alladdin, which is a very popular chip. It stands to reason that their next chip will create a lot of discussion hence warranting its own section of the site.

Most people know how ugly it gets when modchips share a forum.

Also Xecuter have produced repeatedly, new chips new software new bioses. They contribute greatly to the scene, and again X3 will no doubt create a lot of dicsussion.

EDIT : This is all guesswork btw, just giving an example of how I would decide this.

lars77

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2004, 02:44:00 AM »

probably will the xecuter be the best because it is the latest gen 4 modchip.
look at the x.ploit chip they use lots of smartxx/xenium functions in there chip like webpage flashing this will the xecuter 3 probably also do.

sorry for my bad english

searchbandit

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2004, 03:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (lars77 @ Mar 31 2004, 12:44 PM)
probably will the xecuter be the best because it is the latest gen 4 modchip.
look at the x.ploit chip they use lots of smartxx/xenium functions in there chip like webpage flashing this will the xecuter 3 probably also do.

sorry for my bad english

Of course X3 is the most wanted one so far.
You are right Lars !
Smart XX is the best one so far on the market.

k3rn3l

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2004, 06:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (ibizagtd @ Mar 31 2004, 07:20 AM)
Dear k3rn3l

I'm stating my opinion!
U would just ignore me!

and whats next?

edit: typo corrected

It wasnt an opinion as such - it was stating that X3 wasnt worth the shit as its not in the public domain - whereas if you had an ounce of a clue about whats happened in the last two years you wouldnt make that kind of remark

And no we are not "the" scene - however were you in the room when DOA3 first booted ? No you weren't - but i know who was. Not one single activley involved scene member today was in that room. Do the math.

I ignore people that are right and I call them out if they are wrong. Unfortunatley these days I seem to spend half my day calling people out tongue.gif

I do appreciate you showing the people here how rediculous your commets are - save me half a job - thanks.

k3rn3l

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (searchbandit @ Mar 31 2004, 01:17 PM)
Of course X3 is the most wanted one so far.
You are right Lars !
Smart XX is the best one so far on the market.

Yes - im glad you pointed out the words "so far"

When all said and done without our bios or evox - these chips are worthless - think about that before you start bitching wink.gif

And when smartxx bring out their own 100% configurable hacked bios - then you'll ssee some kind of competition - till then i'm not even breaking a sweat. I do find it amusing that the maker of smartxx (and xenium) Franz has been bitching about Xecuter and ANYONE who seemed to be making money out of mods. Now he has totally crumbled under his own convictions and is himself a man of absolute no intergrity in his own thoughts and opinions. Great stuff smile.gif

ibizagtd

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »

It seems to me that u dont get it!
I never judged any existing product in the market!
Many teams have produced very nice working products!

Having a good name in the scene doesnt justify you in any way!
("you" refers to anybody!)
Any product that is not in the market cannot be considered to be the best!
It may exist in the imagination of an individual, or it may exist for real!
If it is the first case then STFU
If it is the second case make it available to public and let the public decide!

If it is the second case and things promised cant be fullfilled
swallow some of your pride and come forward!
Honesty is the best policy!

BTW

Making a cheapmod is not really hard to do!
Making a product that will make a difference is VERY HARD to do!

I've been silent for long time now and am really fed up
with people that think they know everything, produce havoc,
produce fables and kick and shout at people that will cause
them trouble in making more money over naive people!

NoT all people are naive!

As for the biased comment, yes am biased!
It's like politics, you belong to one side!
It's like footbal, you support one team!
It's like ice-cream, you like a flavour more than others!

Am greatful for people who develop software,bioses, dashes etc!
Am greatful to m$ that produced such a wonderfull machine, despite
the fact that they made such a small d0 point!

If you have the glory, enjoy it, work harder and stay on top!
If u cant stay on top, too bad. It means that others worked
more than you did! It's your fault! Again STFU and put your energy into producing
something that will take you back to the top!

AE6689

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2004, 11:31:00 AM »

pop.gif Watching flame wars is so much fun! biggrin.gif

Xbox-Gear

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »

X.ploit Design is nearly finished

What does team Ankarah mean by nearly finished ? Why mention anything if it is 'nearly' finished , how long is a piece of a string ?

we decided to not release any more informations and/even not produce any samples right now in order to keep all features secret as well as a big surprise to the scene

The features of a mod these days , have advanced to being more dependant on software as opposed to hardware, procuding a sample picture would not have given an awful lot away especially seeing as Ankarah have 'nearly finished'. But then again how can you produce a sample when the product is 'nearly finished'

this will remain like this, until Xecuter 3 comes out, as we do not see any others chips who can compete with us.
So Team X brings your X3 to the market wink.gif

What is the need to mention Xecuter ? SmartXX or OzXodus are not constantly working on software updates and working on the principle of Kaizen ? By the time the next OS' of SmartXX and Xenium have been released I am sure they will be competing to the very end with your 'nearly finished design'. How can Xecuter's 'competitor' be so confident in the Xecuter3 , have you seen more then us , if this is the case why did Xecuter give team Ankarah (a supposed competitor) an insight into their mod ? This does not make sense at all !

Are you also saying you do not trust Team Xecuter in this sense as if you feel if you release 'more info' or a 'sample picture' then Xecuter will copy your 'innovation?

I do not understand the double mention of Xecuter throughout the post , this indicates to me as the rest of the public a definate correlation between the two modchip makers (my opinion). I am very happy with the Xenium and SmartXX mods at the moment , you should take your competitiors very seriously , how can a maker of cheapmod's (aladdin) have come 'so far' in such little time ?

I believe we do not need Team Ankarah to pressure Xecuter to release the Xecuter3 , what makes them think that they are their only competitors ? And as for 'My' Xeucter 3 , as I said I am delighted with My Xenium thanks all the same.

For a great selction of retailers who sell Xenium clones , be sure to checkout http://www.ankarah.c...loit/links.html , coincedence ?

I am beginning to become increasinly frustrated by all this bullshit , if you got something come out with it , never make assumptions and don't play games with the public! And as far as I can see , this is discussion for TEAM ANKARAH X.PLOIT not Xecuter , why Xecuter are posting every other post is beyond me , somehow , someway they are always caught in the middle of things for one reason or another.

There's my 20 cent's worth .

N.B This is merely my PERSONAL view and opinion , I am not looking for a contest , just thinking outloud.

beerchug.gif

k3rn3l

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (ibizagtd @ Mar 31 2004, 09:11 PM)
It seems to me that u dont get it!
I never judged any existing product in the market!
Many teams have produced very nice working products!

Having a good name in the scene doesnt justify you in any way!
("you" refers to anybody!)
Any product that is not in the market cannot be considered to be the best!
It may exist in the imagination of an individual, or it may exist for real!
If it is the first case then STFU
If it is the second case make it available to public and let the public decide!

If it is the second case and things promised cant be fullfilled
swallow some of your pride and come forward!
Honesty is the best policy!

BTW

Making a cheapmod is not really hard to do!
Making a product that will make a difference is VERY HARD to do!

I've been silent for long time now and am really fed up
with people that think they know everything, produce havoc,
produce fables and kick and shout at people that will cause
them trouble in making more money over naive people!

NoT all people are naive!

As for the biased comment, yes am biased!
It's like politics, you belong to one side!
It's like footbal, you support one team!
It's like ice-cream, you like a flavour more than others!

Am greatful for people who develop software,bioses, dashes etc!
Am greatful to m$ that produced such a wonderfull machine, despite
the fact that they made such a small d0 point!

If you have the glory, enjoy it, work harder and stay on top!
If u cant stay on top, too bad. It means that others worked
more than you did! It's your fault! Again STFU and put your energy into producing
something that will take you back to the top!

You keep talking abou these other mods etc etc etc

WTF do you think the majority flashes to these mods - after the flash has happened rendering everything else worthless.

I am quite confident that you have been called an idiot before.

ibizagtd

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »

What the hell are u blabling about?
U started calling names!
So i think u deserve an answer
which fits your standard

"It takes one to know one!"

btw labman is looking for u!
Taking credit over other people's work lately?
It happened and will happen again!
but remember:
"What goes around, comes around"

Edit: name was intentionally typed wrong!

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »

iXia
>> Team Ankarah (Aladdin ADV/Aladdin ADV+/X.PLOIT) released iXia - software compatible with Xecuter programmer and Win 9x,2k,XP. Can be used to flash theAladdin ADV, Xecuter2.x Lite and Xecuter2.x Pro with the Xecuter programmer.

Interesting program. Not sure if it was really needed with the glut of software for programming etc.. but.. it works. 2 thumbs up.

Hardware
* Ultra Fast CPLD controlled
* 4 MB BIOS support (max. 8MB)
* 1 MB Emergency BIOS support
* 1 MB X.ploit BIOS support (2 new ways of using your Box)
* Solder Less PIN-Header Install (Only 1 wire to solder: D0)
* various solderpads and leds for status (a little bit like Smart XX)
* Various External Connector Port (secret feature right now)
* Display Support (contrast, brightness)
* Various HDD led, LAN led, and much more "tuning" options
* IO BUS (I2C, SPI, ..)
* Compatible 1.0 to 1.6

Operating System
* Multi Language
* Update OS and Banks via CDR/DVDR/LAN/HDD
* DHCP/FTP support
* Bios Management (auto split, size, rename)
* Eprom Backup & Recovery
* Toggle PAL/NTSC, Progresiv Scan
* DVD Region, Macro 5.1, 7.1
* Lock / Unlock HDD, Show PWD
* HDD Copy, Format, ..
* RAM and CPU upgrade compatible

No biggie here.. more of what we are becoming accustomed to these days. As long as it works.. people should like this chip.

X.ploit Design is nearly finished, we decided to not release any more informations and/even not produce any samples right now in order to keep all features secret as well as a big surprise to the scene, and this will remain like this, until Xecuter 3 comes out, as we do not see any others chips who can compete with us.
So Team X brings your X3 to the market wink.gif

If they would have only believed what they worte... it would have been nice if they were consistant and not lie so early.  I think the following quote shows them speaking of "features"....

X.ploit mode 1
Is that related to SAT ? wink.gif
Confidential right now.

X.ploit mode 2
Is that related to Compact Flash and/or Smart Media ? wink.gif
Confidential right now.

smile.gif

Anyways.. marketing BS aside.. nothing seems out of whack with this chip.. at least at this point. Hopefully they will keep BS to a minimum and wow people with the chip.. and not with marketing BS.

These guys seem pretty confident that it will blow everyone else off the market.

Well.. I would at least hope they think they have a chance. No one wants to be second, third or fourth place. smile.gif  Also.. the distance is huge from First and Second.  I would hope that if these guys want to continue to compete.. they will bring their best "game" to the table. (metaphor)

Many products are announced way before the release and it generate hypes like these and in the end, customers are often dissappointed. But they also said they won't be releasing it until X3??? which is not entirely a good thing also. As usual, more competition means more choices for us!

My take on this.. They more or less know what Xenium/SmartXX can and will be doing.  People seems to think they know what EB's offering will be and do. So the only question mark this spring is X3.  I'm guessing they will take the wait and see position.. and see what X3 brings to the table when it's final design is available.(chip/software/bios)

At first glance.. it might sound smart to wait and compete direct with Xecuter (and their X3).. the slam dunk king in this scene. However.. they are ignoring 2 excellent chips available now.. Xenium/Smartxx. Also.. they seem to be ignoring the fact Xecuter is in no rush to get X3 to the masses. X2.3b is still completely kicking ass sales wise.  In reality.. all the chip guys are competing with Xecuter Gen 3 chip the 2.3b.  Ankorah intends to take on the top dog directly.. they should be planning a relase quickly then.. as they aren't competing with x3 for dominance.. they are competing with x2.3 variants.

Competing with Xecuter is about building Brand Loyalty. If they wait for X3.. which hands down with have more marketing.. more users from the onset.. they are setting themselves up for failure.

Nothing Worng with their past chips. (apple) but it's hardly a household word in this scene.. and will not carry them into the winners circle alone.

5) X.ploit Design = they dont have a working sample

I can't say much about this.. however.. I'll assume they have hand made mockups that function at this point.

I am starting to believe Xecuter is stalling and using childish techniques to keep the market warm till and if x3 comes

It's a popular opinion you have. They could decide to nix X3.. and they still remain dominant due to bran loyalty.. general quality.. and good marketing.  Their Chips work.. period.

However, its a bad marketing plan to wait for the X3 to come out. The only possible way they could make more money is if they blow the X3 away, only accomplishing damaging the X3's profits. If they released the X3 and it was much better than the X.PLOIT, what would they do? Their profit is blown, and they have thousands of obselete chips. Release it before, and damage X3's profits, take some of SmartXX and Xenium, plus release this groundbreaking chip they are talking about. But of course, this all depends on how good their hand is, in poker terms.

I'm of the opinion.. and despite what they may or may not have.. they are actually competing for the Second spot in the scene.. and not to oust Xecuter. (despite their claims)

from the specs, it sounds a lot like a smartxx/xenium clone with some (useless?) extra stuff.. the problem is that mods will really have no truly useful features anymore in the future.. face it, LCDs and smartcards aren't extactly useful. fancy yes, needed no

That can be said for most of the third gen chips.. and the 4th gen chips. Short of 1.5 support.. we haven't needed much from our fav chip guys. Anything else they do.. is a bonus. The consumer will decide if it is worthy I suppose. smile.gif

X3 has something ALL these so called 4th gen mods dont - a configurable bios. Many seem to miss that fact.

Hi K3rn3l.  People are always quick to forget those who have come before them.. and what their contributions to the scene have been. IMO.

Chips that exist in papers and imaginary features lists without a working
sample dont belong here!
A chip should get its piece of the forums when they produce enough
working samples for review!
X-CHIP, X3 and xploit dont deserve a forum of their own
but must be in an "under construction" forum.

Thanks for you input.. but a while back.. we decided that new chip projects.. should get separate forums.. to aid members in finding relevant info as it becomes available.. and not have to wade through info for other chips.  You'll see this with most new chip projects. decided on a chip by chip basis.

We have no doubt X.Polit will be brought to market.

We also don't want to have to make life more difficult for the mods later.. as they would be requested to/requireed to cheery pic XPLOIT topics from your contruction forum.. or the old alternative forum and move them here. PITA.

This system works better. Dedicated forums from day one. Anything important that comes along gets pinned.. and people can whine and bitch in the disucssion areas until the chip is actually released.  It's a system that has worked reasonaly well.

They especially take big risks in releasing their Bios that 99,5% of modchips owner are using. and without which one they could not do anything from their mod.

Everytime I see people bitch about Xecuter is too big.. Xecuter makes too much $$$, Xecuter crushes the competition and doesn't give a shit for the scene.. etc.. I'm reminded by intelligent statements like yours.  Xecuter could make life much harder for all the other Chip teams. But they don't.  They have the knowledge and know-how to do it..and don't.

Would such an effort be cracked by the other teams.. sure.. in short order I imagine.  but still.. no effort is made on part of Xecuter with their Bios to stick it to the other teams.

People don't need to like Xecuter.. but they should at least give them some respect.  They are a business first.. yet they give away the one thing  that over 90% of the scene uses.. their bios.

Franz has been bitching about Xecuter and ANYONE who seemed to be making money out of mods. Now he has totally crumbled under his own convictions and is himself a man of absolute no intergrity in his own thoughts and opinions. Great stuff

Posts like these.. warm my cold heart. smile.gif

I am beginning to become increasinly frustrated by all this bullshit , if you got something come out with it , never make assumptions and don't play games with the public! And as far as I can see , this is discussion for TEAM ANKARAH X.PLOIT not Xecuter , why Xecuter are posting every other post is beyond me , somehow , someway they are always caught in the middle of things for one reason or another.

There's my 20 cent's worth .

N.B This is merely my PERSONAL view and opinion , I am not looking for a contest , just thinking outloud.

When you outsell the number 2 and 3 chips by a factor of 5 or more to one.. that makes you the moving target in the scene. Xecuter will continue to be the most mentioned chip maker.. it is the most used. Hands down. You can infer what you want from that statement. Whether it be a endorsement for quality.. or the simple fact they outsell their competion combined.

k3rn3l

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2004, 05:52:00 AM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Apr 1 2004, 03:38 AM)
Hi K3rn3l.  People are always quick to forget those who have come before them.. and what their contributions to the scene have been. IMO.

Hey Bro,

Yep, tell me about it wink.gif

flattspott

• Archived User
X.ploit Modchip
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2004, 06:48:00 AM »

The way I see it, the Xecuter chips are like Playstation's of the gaming industry. While they might not be consider the best by some, they both are pretty much responsible for making their "Scene" what it is today.

Sure there was countless other videogames systems before Playstation, but you don't here about sales figures for Atari's now do you. This is the present after all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3