xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Doa Ultimate  (Read 640 times)

mctweek

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« on: October 28, 2004, 02:32:00 AM »

Anyone else have trouble with backup on dead or alive ultimate?  <

der.metzgermeister

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 05:09:00 PM »

yeah , me!!! it stays at the EvolutionX loading screen (not even the GAME'S loading screen...the evox  sad.gif )

HELP!

trendkill

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »

yep. me too. and i also noticed that leisure suit larry needs the orignal disc to play. looks like theyre getting wise. probably wont be able to back up your legally obtained copies of the november 9th game either.  <

NSA187

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 08:11:00 AM »

yes, same her with doa ultimate, it gets stuck on the evox load screen, someone have a solution ??   <

Mega_mil

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 07:07:00 AM »

You can backup LSL.  you need an ACL file fix.  That gets rid of the copy protection so you can play off the HDD.  It's around here somewhere smile.gif

Mega_mil

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 08:26:00 AM »

I'm not sure how to get this working off the HDD>  I search the all the xbe files for the media check and they do not have it.  The only way I can play this is by inserting the DVD into the xbox as soon as I turn it on before it loads evo-x.  This is the only way a backup of this works for me.    <

AgentEB

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 09:15:00 PM »

i haven't bought this game yet. but from what my friends tell me, the game is exactly identical on both disk 1 and disk 2, with the exception of a txt file and maybe the default.xbe is a bit slightly different  unsure.gif

ppcwilly

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 12:11:00 AM »

Turn off In Game reset

This post has been edited by ppcwilly: Oct 31 2004, 07:12 AM <

trumpetguyscw

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2004, 12:26:00 AM »

same problems!  In fact, it even locks up when the chip is turned off and the MS Bios boots!what is the deal, and is there any way PLAY this thing, much less  copy this thing to the HDD and make it playable?  Thanks!  <

Q3A-TaNK

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004, 01:43:00 AM »

Yeah i got this today and you have to extract the contents of BOTH discs EX if you want just DOA1 then just make a folder in your F/G drive or however, copy every thing but the DOA2 folder and its Live xbes and the default xbe insted copy the DOA1.xbe and just rename it to default.xbe You do visa versa on the DOA2 disc. Then burn the contents of the disc, in a standard XISO format. Thats about it. FYI DOA1 is around 300+mb DOA2 is 3gb+   <

trumpetguyscw

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2004, 11:34:00 AM »

This still didn't work for me.  I tried to boot it from the HDD, and got a black screen.  Same goes for trying to boot the original.  Could it be a bad disc?  <

WingZer0

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »

i'm getitng hit by this problem aswell, if i load the doa1.xbe  dead or alive 1 works, if i load default or doa2.xbe it just sits at a black screen/evox loader and never loads.  <

trumpetguyscw

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »

I can't even load an XBE through the HDD and get it to work.  It just goes black after lthe BIOS bootup.  Even waiting til EvoX loads yields nothing.  Ideas?    <

lunchboxPhil

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2004, 05:34:00 PM »

This is what I did. FTP your Original game, either disc, to your HDD. Both discs are indeed identical save for the .TXT file name.

Now, delete the "default.xbe" file. Yes, delete it. Now, rename "Doa1.xbe" or "DOA2.xbe" depending on what game you want it to be to "default.xbe". This will cause the disc to load the game you select directly.

One other note. When you select Doa1 or Doa2, you will only need the corisponding folder - meaning - if you rename "Doa1.XBE" to "default.xbe" you will not need the "DOA2" folder that you FTP over, thus making the game <300mb. Same goes for if you rename "DOA2.xbe" to "default.xbe" you can eliminate the "DOA1" folder.

I actually made it a multigame disc putting both games on the same disc. I made 2 folders, one for each game and copied the FTP'd files to make 2 identical folders.  I just deleted the "DOA2" folder and renamed "Doa1.xbe" to "default.xbe" for the first game, then for the second game I just renamed "DOA2.xbe" to "default.xbe" and there was no need to delete the "DOA1" folder as the multigame .iso was 4.28gb.

I have put about 2 hours into DOA2 and about 15 mins into DOA 1 with no problems.  <

2cool

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2004, 06:28:00 PM »

Turning off IGR will help. I just backup mine using HDD Loader v1.3a  with no problem.  <
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8