xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Doa Ultimate  (Read 644 times)

d9ciarav

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem as danger and cloudy.  I'm running UDE2 with an x2 4977 BFM bios, and am gonna try running the Evox M8 BFM to see if I have any better luck.  But I think I read somewhere that this won't really help any.  Anyway, I'll post back later and let you guys know what I find.

ZAP

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2004, 06:02:00 AM »

If disc1 work fine without problems and has the exact same content as disc2, then why are you bitching?

d9ciarav

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2004, 07:38:00 AM »

Because the problem isn't with the disc content, it's that the DOA2 executable won't boot the game properly, from disc 1 or disc 2.  Trust me, I've tried.  When we load up DOA1, from either disc, it boots up fine.  When we load up DOA2, from either disc, it crashes/gives us a black, spotted screen.

dangerslut

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2004, 08:04:00 AM »

ohmy.gif
We are bitching cus we cant solve the problem.(and its not bitching,its a forum here,well the last time I checked.

AgentEB

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »

hey i finally got around to getting doau. i backed it up using dvd2xbox 0.6.1 on disk 2 and it plays fine. i will show how to get the game working off your hdd without having to have two seperate folders for each game. i ripped the game and viewed the file structure. it goes as follows. btw, you will only need one disk to do this. i will base this one solely on disk 2 ONLY for now

Disk 1                            

<DOA1>                      
<DOA2>                      
<MEDIA>                      
dashupdate.xbe            
default.xbe                    
Doa1.xbe                      
doa1.txt                        
DOA2.xbe                      
doau.xbx                      
doa20001.sin                
doa20002.sin                
update.xbe                    
xtalkamp.bin

Disk 2

<DOA1>                      
<DOA2>                      
<MEDIA>                      
dashupdate.xbe            
default.xbe                    
Doa1.xbe                      
doa2.txt                        
DOA2.xbe                      
doau.xbx                      
doa20001.sin                
doa20002.sin                
update.xbe                    
xtalkamp.bin

now by looking at file structure on both disks, you can see everything is identical with the exception of the txt file or so it seems. i did a comparison of the xbe files on both disks through my hex editor and they ARE NOT the same. i repeat, NOT THE SAME. everything else however is.

rip disk 2 into your hdd by dvd2xbox 0.6.1. we are going to delete the xbox live files. dashupdate.xbe, default.xbe(yes, delete this), and update.xbe. we also delete doa2.txt. now your file structure should look like this

File structure of DOAU after deletions

<DOA1>
<DOA2>
<MEDIA>
Doa1.xbe
DOA2.xbe
doau.xbx
doa20001.sin
doa20002.sin
xtalkamp.bin

get yourself a copy of Dead_Or_Alive_Ultimate_Game_Selection_Menu by FACELESS.(you will have search google for it) extract f-doaugs.rar and send it's contents into your DOAU folder. the DOAU folder now looks like this...

<cdxmedia>
<DOA1>
<DOA2>
<MEDIA>
default.xbe   <<<this default.xbe is for the cdx selection menu extracted from f-doags.rar, not doau disk 2
Doa1.xbe
DOA2.xbe
doau.xbx
doa20001.sin
doa20002.sin
xtalkamp.bin

now reboot your xbox and load up the game. a cdx menu will pop up to which you will be able to select between playing doau1 or doau2. you could probably make your own cdx selection menu yourself. now for those of you asking how do this using disk 1. exactly the same procedure. delete the xbox live files, delete doa1.txt and extract faceless's game selection menu into the DOAU folder. i haven't tried this yet on disk 1 but i don't see how it won't work the same way. i tested this on my xbox 1.1 with x3 bios 1957 and evox 3935. enjoy

This post has been edited by AgentEB: Nov 7 2004, 03:45 AM

cloudyimpulse

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

Still doesn't work with my EvoX SoftMod... Doa1 boots perfectly fine.  Doa2 boots then freezes.

Nice Menu though.

http://somedude2.home.comcast.net/Dead_Or_...nu-FACELESS.rar

This post has been edited by cloudyimpulse: Nov 7 2004, 12:47 AM

dangerslut

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

I have searched google for Dead_Or_Alive_Ultimate_Game_Selection_Menu by FACELESS. Nothing...Having issues finding the file..Can anyone help pointing me in the right direction? A hint maybe...

Thanks Cloudy.... :D  

This post has been edited by dangerslut: Nov 7 2004, 01:04 AM

Foozler

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2004, 06:35:00 PM »

Followed AgentEB's directions, however I wasn't sure if I was supposed to delete the original MEDIA directory.  The instructions did not say to delete it, however it is not listed in the final directory structure.  I deleted it and everything seems to work ok.  However if I was not supposed to delete it, can someone let me know.

Thanks,
Foozler

cloudyimpulse

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2004, 07:23:00 PM »

Foozler you're using the EvoX Software Mod on  your system and you got it to work?

AgentEB

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2004, 07:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (Foozler @ Nov 6 2004, 10:02 PM)
Followed AgentEB's directions, however I wasn't sure if I was supposed to delete the original MEDIA directory.  The instructions did not say to delete it, however it is not listed in the final directory structure.  I deleted it and everything seems to work ok.  However if I was not supposed to delete it, can someone let me know.

Thanks,
Foozler

my bad..yeah...i forgot to include that...but it stays in the structure

dangerslut

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2004, 07:50:00 PM »

I cant get it to work as well... Same as Cloudy, witha soft mod and evox....

cloudyimpulse

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2004, 07:53:00 PM »

Looks like us SoftMod Boys might be screwed.

AgentEB

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2004, 07:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (cloudyimpulse @ Nov 6 2004, 11:20 PM)
Looks like us SoftMod Boys might be screwed.

many more of the reasons why you should get a modchip  rolleyes.gif

feflicker

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

Blah to Modchips...

Blah to softmods... The softmod bioses will always have problems like this... If you ask me, chip it and be done with it. Then if something doesn't work you can troubleshoot the game and not wonder if it is your softmod causing the problem... All the damn time spent troubleshooting the softmod isn't worth the $20 a modchip costs if you ask me...  ph34r.gif

w00tazn

• Archived User
Doa Ultimate
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »

I have come to a conclusion that its a softmod issue.

Everyone that i've seen not have DOAU work is a softmod user.

Someone has pointed out that DOA2 will not boot with a debug bios..

the problem is, is that PBL and such will only boot BFM bioses. (bootable from media).
and all BFM bioses are debuged to be booted from the harddrive. so there u go.. find a biosloader that doesnt require boot from media. (dont say modchip). good luck.

btw. i need this too =P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8