xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Please Help!  (Read 489 times)

6StringKng

• Archived User
Please Help!
« on: June 11, 2009, 08:18:00 AM »

I was messing around with XBMP because I had read some comments about the video output quality being better than that of XBMC.  I was bored so started messing around with it.  I accidentally changed the video mode to NTSC J and now I can't get a video signal to my TV.  I've tried the video mode switcher method but I can't get it to work...not sure if the disc isn't reading (I can hear it start to spin up then it starts clicking and keeps doing that) or what but I'm basically F***** because I use my XBox to watch all of my videos because I have no sound on my PC atm.  Also some people said to unplug the A/V cable then FTP into the XBox but it's not booting to the dash and I know it isn't because when it's sitting at the dash I have the fan speed set to 100% but I don't here it spinning up to said speed so I can't FTP into it sad.gif.  HELP!

Mikesshunk

• Archived User
Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:34:00 AM »

What dash are you running? Does it read games?

6StringKng

• Archived User
Please Help!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 09:39:00 AM »

UnleshX

and haven't tried games...same thing, I can hear it start to spin up then it starts to click...nothing.

Mikesshunk

• Archived User
Please Help!
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »

Sounds like maybe your DVD drive is dying. If you have a friend with an Xbox, just borrow their drive and put it in yours and try running the disc.

6StringKng

• Archived User
Please Help!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »

I copied games onto the HDD not all that long ago with no problems so I dunno...I'll try this hotswap method I read about as soon as I can get my hands on another XBox.

litspliff

• Archived User
Please Help!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »

first step is to verify ftp access to the dashboard so you know it boots.
are you booting with an AV cable inserted? it won't go to the dashboard unless you have something in the avip port.

also, WTF are you talking about hotswapping?
just get another DVD drive to use. don't mess around with HD's.

also try burning different formats (cdr, cdrw, dvd-r, dvd+r, dvdrw, different brands/speeds, etc). xbox dvd drives can be picky about media (depending on which drive you have).

6StringKng

• Archived User
Please Help!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 04:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(litspliff @ Jun 14 2009, 04:50 PM) View Post

first step is to verify ftp access to the dashboard so you know it boots.
are you booting with an AV cable inserted? it won't go to the dashboard unless you have something in the avip port.
also, WTF are you talking about hotswapping?
just get another DVD drive to use. don't mess around with HD's.

also try burning different formats (cdr, cdrw, dvd-r, dvd+r, dvdrw, different brands/speeds, etc). xbox dvd drives can be picky about media (depending on which drive you have).

I know it's not booting to the dashboard (I have my fan set to 100% and it doesn't spin up so I know it's not booting properly) so I can't gain FTP access to it and I plan on trying different media.  I've tried DVD+R and CD-RW I had lying around.  I'm going to borrow an XBox from a cousin of mine and try the drive in it.  I've tried booting with and without the A/V cable plugged (no difference) and I found a hotswap method on the internet but I'm not worried about it now.

6StringKng

• Archived User
Please Help!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 08:20:00 AM »

I was thinking since I have the disc I that I made with XBox HD Maker to swap HDDs if there would be a way to modify the files to make it boot the video switcher program instead of the dashboard to rule out the dvd drive not reading the disc properly?