xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fried Power Supply Now No Video  (Read 110 times)

litspliff

• Archived User
Fried Power Supply Now No Video
« on: June 14, 2009, 03:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(jimmie @ Jun 14 2009, 03:52 PM) View Post
i was upgrading my 160gb wd hdd to 500gb wd hdd when the hdd slid just a little and touched the power supply sparks and flames flew. replaced power supply and it boots once again. but i now get no video. i can hear sound and boot a disc,ftp and all that just no video(i should of unplugged it) and to top it off i think it sent a surge through the xbox through the cables into my 42 inch plasma,cause none of the rca jacks work anymore not even the coxial input,the component inputs and hdmi still work. so i think i need to buy a video swith box. that will solve the tv.
what can i do to fix the xbox? what circuit/s should i check?

any and all feedback welcome.
thankyou jimmie

diagnosing motherboards is often just a time killer i've found...maybe someone will disagree...

a new mobo (30$ avg) should do the trick. you may have to install a chip or flash the TSOP to get your own bios on it.

test the HD on some other equipment. if it only shorted across the housing of the HD you should be fine, but who knows what else got shorted. look for burnt traces on PCB's. it may have even killed your button board with the power switch.

jimmie

• Archived User
Fried Power Supply Now No Video
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 05:43:00 PM »

maybe like my tv it knocked out the composite side of the chip. ill go get some component cables and see if that works.