xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Non Modded 1.6 Flashing Red And Orange  (Read 97 times)

yaywoop

• Archived User
Non Modded 1.6 Flashing Red And Orange
« on: September 30, 2007, 07:06:00 AM »

apparently this signal either means there is a broken trace on the motherboard or that the ram has died.
because you haven't opened it up i would say it is the ram. and if you haven't broken the stickers on the bottom yet you should probably claim your warranty if you still have it. i think there is a 3 year hardware warranty.

if it is out of warranty, you could either solder the ram chips and solder in some new ones. or just get a new xbox/xbox360 or a replacement motherboard from the llama or some other place

do you get any video or sound?

:edit: i also read from another site that it is the av cable. if your av cable is not plugged in properly it will not boot and the led will flash red/orange (mine flashes green/orange so this info might be wrong)
make sure the cable is in properly and try another cable and make sure the av port is clean

Ozito

• Archived User
Non Modded 1.6 Flashing Red And Orange
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 08:03:00 AM »

Well the stickers are allready messed up so the warranty is no good. I don't get any video/audio but the AV cable works beacuse i tried it out on another xbox so i guess the RAM is dead like you said.

A BIG thank you!  Was sick of looking for answers!