xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Fix: Purlple Tint On Conexant 720p  (Read 201 times)

dr_oldschool

• Archived User
Fix: Purlple Tint On Conexant 720p
« on: August 15, 2006, 02:39:00 AM »

Excellent work!
beerchug.gif

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 06:54:00 AM »

So, how do I incorporate this into my NKPatcher source? I assume this could also be used with NKPatcher v10-vga6, correct?

EDIT: Can I simply paste the above code at the bottom of nkpatcher.asm, then compile?

dr_oldschool

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Aug 15 2006, 04:01 PM) View Post

EDIT: Can I simply paste the above code at the bottom of nkpatcher.asm, then compile?

No. You have to put it in certain place.

I updated my vga code to incorporate these changes. Unfortunately I cannot test it.
Also I changed it a bit  - I'm setting register 2E according to (my interpretation of) Conexant spec to 0; added support for mode 1080i in case there are monitors that support it. So the result might very well be different (read: frag).

nkpatcher10-vga8.zip

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 08:13:00 AM »

LOL, yeah, sorry about that newb comment there... I actually just mis-understood what he posted. I actually got his version patched and compiled, but then I noticed that you updated yours, so I will try out your verison with the 1080i support.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 03:04:00 AM »

Damn, good job masticism!  I've been waiting for this forever.

Now we just need someone to make an auto patcher of this for chip bios, like DVADER did with the vga bios in the first place......

DVADER WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 06:05:00 AM »

Amazing job masticism, it's working perfectly on my Ndure 3 / NKP11 using your RGB settings.  XBMC in 720p is beautiful.  I agree, it would be nice if there was a BIOS for this as well, for chip people.  Foe-hammer and ClintiePoo both use chips, I know that.

Quick question:
Note that I modified the 480p settings to mimick the 720p changes.

Does that have anything to do with ForceProg?  I couldn't understand what "settings" you were referring to.  Also, maybe dr_oldschool or yourself can look at separate ForceProgs ?  Like Force 480p, Force 720p, and Force 1080i.  I think it's better to always have more options, especially when we don't have to go back to MS Dash to change resoultions.

dr_oldschool

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 08:10:00 AM »

nkpatcher10-vga9.zip

This is absolutely untested! I'll have a chance to test it only next week. But even then I don't think my LCD monitor will run 720p mode.

This supposedly adds correct bi-level sync for Focus encoder chip for graphic modes 720p and 1080i. I really don't know if Focus can even output bi-level sync with these modes and if it will work.

Encoder register patches (Conexant, Focus) are only available for kernels up to 5101. Don't bother if you have anything bigger than this.

If you want to run this, be sure to have a way to recover if it frags.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »

Will the above NKPatcher v10-vga9 work with Conexant AND Focus, or do I have to use different versions for different XBOXs?

dr_oldschool

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »

Yes, it will do both - conexant and focus.

DeadPrez

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

EDIT: Forgot to lock hdd before atempting this lol.. Sorry .. I think I pretty much got it now. I kept getting frustrated because THE HDD WASN'T locked lol.. Holy almighty eh .. Anyways, I'm ganna try this and report back.. oh and for the vg9, you didn't include the nkpatcher  blink.gif

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Aug 16 2006, 04:11 AM) View Post

good job masticism!  I've been waiting for this forever.

Now we just need someone to make an auto patcher of this for chip bios, like DVADER did with the vga bios in the first place......

DVADER WE NEED YOUR HELP!

This helps people with softmods, but doesn't do anything for us with chips.  How do we apply this to a bios like X3_3294?  I can use DVADER's RGB Patcher to get 480p in vga.  It would be great to expand this to 720P.

DeadPrez

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 04:42:00 PM »

Since you don't need to use any files in C: for a modchip, why don't you just erase c: ., rebuild it with a clean one, and install ndure and use the nkpatcher with vga, and all you have to do it turn off your modchip like i did.

The only thing i'm not sure of is this, Do i switch the nkpatcher vga8 with the c:/bios/bios.xbe (assuming its the nkpatcher with ndure) ?.. if so, Then the vga is still green tinted..  blink.gif   I must be missing something here, if everybody else is saying its working fine ..

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 08:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(DeadPrez @ Aug 16 2006, 05:49 PM) View Post

Since you don't need to use any files in C: for a modchip, why don't you just erase c: ., rebuild it with a clean one, and install ndure and use the nkpatcher with vga, and all you have to do it turn off your modchip like i did.

The only thing i'm not sure of is this, Do i switch the nkpatcher vga8 with the c:/bios/bios.xbe (assuming its the nkpatcher with ndure) ?.. if so, Then the vga is still green tinted..  blink.gif   I must be missing something here, if everybody else is saying its working fine ..

Err....I have a chip and C: is where you put the dashboard so you can load it I believe, at least thats how mine only loads up when I start M8+. Right?  huh.gif  
Making this into a patch for VGA Bios so people with chips could use it would be awesome... smile.gif

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 09:03:00 PM »

Confirmation!

I have tested the new NKPatcher v10-vga9 on my Conexant XBOX v1.0, and ALL HD modes look absolutely stunning on my LCD monitors. Previously before this new version I had mentioned that my Viewsonic 21" CRT was working when other people's monitors were showing purple, but my 3 LCD monitors would not work properly and would show a purple tint.

But now, I have tested not only my Viewsonic 21" CRT again, but also my 3 LCD monitors too, and they all work perfectly.

Tested Games/Applications:

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 - 720p
MX vs ATV Unleashed - 1080i
Quake 3 Arena (Homebrew Port) - 720p
XBMC - 720p/1080i

The only problem I ran into was that one of my LCD monitors would occasionally loose sync when I was running at 1080i, but i'm not surprised because this particular LCD doesn't actually support resolutions that high. Although, on my other 2 LCDs 1080i was perfect.

MUCH thanks to masticism, and Dr. Old School for this new version, it is MUCH appreciated!  beerchug.gif

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 10:50:00 PM »

Deadprez, the reason you are not getting the VGA to work properly with NKPatcher v10-vga9 is because you need to edit your config.inc to match your setup. For example, you need to edit the Dashboard line to where your dashboard resides, you need to enable the type of LBA48 partitioning you need, and last but not least, you need to enable the Force480p and ForceRGB(VGA) options.

If you like, I am more than happy to edit and compile it for you. Just reply to this thread with the following information:

1. Where is your dashboard located, and what is the main file? example: e:\dashboard\default.xbe

2. How big is your HDD? Do you use F & G, or only F?

If you post this info, I will compile a version of NKPatcher v10-vga9 that will work for you.  beerchug.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3