xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fix: Purlple Tint On Conexant 720p  (Read 200 times)

Textbook

• Archived User
Fix: Purlple Tint On Conexant 720p
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 06:38:00 AM »

CODE
nasm -o default.xbe xboxapp.asm
xbedump default.xbe -habibi

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 06:54:00 AM »

CODE
;;; Dashboard path

%define DASHBOARD_PATH '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\evoxdash.xbe'

To this
CODE
;;; Dashboard path

%define DASHBOARD_PATH '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition6\apps\XBMC\default.xbe'

and enable RGB and Force Progressive by uncommenting (deleting semicolons) the following.

Change this
CODE
; %define VIDEO_FORCE_RGB
; %define VIDEO_FORCE_PROGRESSIVE

To this
CODE
%define VIDEO_FORCE_RGB
%define VIDEO_FORCE_PROGRESSIVE

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 07:01:00 AM »

DeadPrez, here is the NKPatcher v10-vga9 I promised.

This NKPatcher boots to F:\apps\xbmc\default.xbe, and is set up to use the .06 partitioning.

NKPatcher v10-vga9

This file is a RAR file, just extract the nkpatcher.xbe inside of it and rename it to whatever you need it to be.

Example: Rename nkpatcher.xbe to bios.xbe and stick it in the C:\BIOS directory.

Be sure to tell me if you have any trouble with it.

EDIT: LOL, Textbook and I are just so supportive, aren't we? biggrin.gif

DeadPrez

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2006, 01:12:00 PM »

Wow, I can't believe it.. I can finally play forza without Sync issues on my viewsonic vx922 !!

Thanks guys, This really did the trick, I just can't Believe my eyes, I thought I was screwed with my monitor  dry.gif

But Nope.. Works 100 %... Great work !

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2006, 08:34:00 PM »

Glad to hear it worked for you! Did you get a chance to check out 720p and 1080i on your monitor? They are absolutely stunning.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »

Hmm, the black 720p thing is wierd... Does your XBOX have a Conexant, or a Focus encoder? Mine has a Conexant, and I can disable 1080i and run MX vs. ATV Unleashed just fine in 720p.

And about the 1080i blocky issue, it's just because your LCD doesn't support resolutions that high. Mine does the same thing. My LCD forces the resolution down to 640x480 when I try to view 1080i.

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 05:39:00 AM »

The black on 720p within games is normal, you probably have the video options set in dash to 480p no, 720p yes, 1080i no.  (720p only)  There's only about a dozen games that can display in 720p.  480p is what nearly all games will display in.  So, just turn on both 480p and 720p and it should work (I think).

DeadPrez

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

Yeh, the black was probably because of the 480p off.. but yea, snow, we get the same probs, and yes i do have a conexant, its a v1.0.. but everything seems to be running fine !.. Omg, I'm soo happy lol.. it works like really good.. no sync outs, nothing... how'd you figure that one out.. I don't know.  lol

But yea, my xbox isn't with me right now (on the old viewsonic monitor right now but forgot my xbox ) doh blink.gif
but i'll try the 720p on and 480p on to check if i still get some black screens when launching games.. oh and I couldn't even run halo 2 with 480p turned on..  mad.gif  Weird.. Its cuz I'm trying to compared, cuz last time I ran halo 2 with vga on this old 17"crt, halo2 looked STUNNING !.. but now it just looks like shit.. so i turned 480p on and a black screen arised from launching halo2 ..

leeloo5

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »

oh you silly softmodders and your working vga.  I hatest you.  Really though, the days of 480p Jade Empire happiness are far away for me.  My xenium ice refuses to load softmods.  I'm only posting because someone thought i'd know how to fix this.  well, i dont, sorry.

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 07:27:00 AM »

What's with these VGA guys coming from out of nowhere?  Masticism has 6 posts.  DVADER appeared out of thin air.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2006, 09:10:00 AM »

BUG FOUND!

Ok, so I built another personal XBOX, and it's running Kernel 3944 (Very first Original BIOS) and the VGA function of NKPatcher is not compatible with this kernel!

I've tried all known versions of NKPatcher, including my own personally compiled 'known' working copy of NKPatcher v10-vga10.

All other NKPatcher features work fine, except for VGA.

Basically what happens is the Dashboard loads up just fine, but when I execute anything, the XBOX resets. I know it's the VGA causing it because I can compile NKPatcher v10-vga10 with all other features enabled, INCLUDING Force480p, and it works perfectly. But if I compile it with the 'ForceRGB' option, the XBOX resets upon loading anything within the dashboard.

This isn't a big deal, because my 4034 XBOX works just fine with VGA, and I prefer to use that one for VGA anyway, but I figured I would report the bug.

So, once again:

Kernel 4034-5838 = All good!          
Kernel 3944 = Resets when loading an XBE.

Dr. Oldschool, if you are willing to look into this, I would be happy to be your guinea pig.

dr_oldschool

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 08:53:00 AM »

That's interesting.
It loads the dashboard, that means the vga code is working - the colors are correct, right?
What video mode is your dashboard running in and what mode is the xbe that crashes trying to set?
Or better yet, does it still crash if you go and execute dashboard from within dashboard?

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »

Yes, the VGA code seems to be working fine, the Dashboard loads up in full color. But the second I load ANY other XBE, the XBOX resets. I've tried XBEs that load at all three resolutions, and it doesn't matter, they all reset the XBOX. And, naturally, all appropriate resolutions are enabled in the MS Dashboard, and I have compiled NKPatcher correctly. (I tested both a known working copy of NKPatcher, and I also recompiled one for this XBOX, both have the same effect.)

And as I said before, it's only the VGA code causing it, as all other options for fine with this XBOX(Kernel 3944), even Force480p works properly. But when VGA is enabled, it has the effect of resetting upon loading any other XBE.

So essentially, it crashes after loading an XBE beyond the initial one.

I actually recompiled NKPatcher to boot an actual game instead of the dashboard, and the game functions fine with VGA, but naturally this isn't the standard practice when using NKPatcher.

I've also tried other dashboards, and even file managers. All have the same effect. So, my best guess is that the VGA code isn't working properly with 3944...

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2006, 07:57:00 AM »

Update: Okay, so i've decided to simply update the BIOS on my 3944 motherboard with a 4034 BIOS. The motherboards are physically the same, so i'm assuming flashing the TSOP with a 4034 BIOS would be safe.

AFAIK, no one has ever actually done this before, so wish me luck and cross your fingers for me... I currently have another thread on this topic if anyone has any useful information for me.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=546941

P.S. If anyone has reason to believe this will NOT work, please voice your opinion.

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2006, 11:42:00 PM »

Update: Success!

I have successfully flashed the 4034 BIOS from my other XBOX onto my second XBOX with a 3944 motherboard. Now NKPatcher v10-vga10 works PERFECT with my VGA cable.

So, if anyone out there is having a similar problem with NKPatcher v10-vga10 and the 3944 BIOS, just flash your TSOP with the 4034 BIOS and it will fix the problem.
Pages: 1 [2] 3