xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: All Output Types Configurable  (Read 791 times)

EvilWays

• Archived User
All Output Types Configurable
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2004, 05:38:00 AM »

Anyone ever try getting the sync signals without stripping them from green? Here, Oliver mentions using a Schmitt-Trigger from a 74HC14 to snag the sync signals from between the GPU and the Connexant chip (would probably work as well with the Focus chip)...scroll down to section 2.4. I've sent an email to him asking how exactly to wire up something like this (from the encoder chip to the 74HC14 to VGA header). I'm just curious to see if anyone has tried this in practice and to see if it's successful.

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2004, 04:11:00 AM »

I read about that and was actually going to do that first. I then decided against it as I did not think anyone would bother trying it. I then asked around and discovered that the X2VGA has no percievable difference when compared to genuine VGA. So I am in the process of rippig out the VGA o/p and stripping down the X to fit inside. Result, no bios no hassle, no compatibility issue, Nearly every single game will run.

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »

I have been working hard on my tutorial for the ‘All Outputs Configurable Project’. However due to a redesign and possible need to rebuild the back panel, I am retracting my current schedule of a fortnight. Fear not those who are kind enough to be interested in my work, this is in no way a statement to suggest that the tut will never come, but a notice to say that I am improving it for myself and you guys. After stripping down an X2VGA, it will form a major component on the back panel. I am currently looking into the switching required to allow the X2VGA to be permanently in circuit but allow the 5 BNCs to still pass both interlaced and progressive RGBHV and Component. I also want to be able to disable the X2VGA when it’s not be used without the need to hit multiple switches.

I have also decided to abandon the slot drive project in favour of a normal SDG 605. I have to admit that I was only doing it to show off, the mod has beaten me would not afford me any further enhancement in operation. Should anyone know of a retailer selling the original Sammy 605 here in the UK for less the £70.00, I would be grateful if you could let me know. My XBOX has not had its lid on in over 6 months and I am fed up of seeing it half naked especially as I spent some considerable time polishing the top and illuminating the ‘special edition look’ black jewel.

In other news I am fitting my box will a headphone socket, including a volume control. Anyone else agree that this addition would prove useful?

My tut format has also changed. I have decided to make it a complete tut on everything I have done to my box.

Sections will now include.

1 The Back Panel Project
2 The Polishing of the lid and front panel
3 My way, if different, of illuminating the jewel and ports
4 The headphone amplifier.
5 The front panel hinged door concealing the dips and upload terminal.
6 Adding 20” rims and low profile tyres.

Just joking about the headphone amp, oops I mean the rims. ;p

I am sorry if the delay, which won’t be long I assure you, causes any grief.

Cheers

Spillage

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2004, 04:30:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Big HDD

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »

what did spillage mean by a fornight or w/e....i am stupid so....
also, spillage.....do u know if the true vga that u have hooked up would support a 17" or 19" samsung monitor.....cuz that is what im going to get.....i think its a dynaflat

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2004, 12:52:00 AM »

laugh.gif

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »

Got a question for ya spillage...is that a boiler plate I see in the first picture on page 1 of this topic?

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

ph34r.gif

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2004, 05:48:00 PM »

A boiler plate is used on PC mobos for the connections that go to the back of the case (basically a piece of sheet metal. It sometimes may have to be changed when you upgrade the mobo in the PC).

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2004, 12:24:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

I have decided to add something else to my new back panel setup.

I am going to install a Component video INPUT. Now don't get too excited because that does NOT mean access to the HDD. It means that I can present the X2VGA (internal) with an external interlaced Component signal and have it processed to progressive.

Thoughts??? ph34r.gif

Big HDD

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2004, 09:08:00 AM »

sad.gif  )

parpaset

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »

hey spillage,  how hard is it to solder the component video using rca jacks?
i see that you used something other than rca jacks.

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2004, 12:02:00 AM »

The only option you have is to solder some very thin wire to the underside of the mobo. In an ideal world you should use screened cable for your connections. In practice, even the small diameter cable is too big and I have found that normal wire does not seem to be influenced by noise from the lack of screening. I have seen no sign of interference on my display.

Mode Select

Ground Pin 11
Ground pin 13

Pin Connections on Mobo

Pin 16 - Ground connection for pin 18 (Pb)
Pin 17 - Ground connection for pin 19 (Pr)
Pin 18 - HDTV - Pb (Blue)
Pin 19 - HDTV - Pr (Red)
Pin 20 - Ground connection for pin 22 (Y)
Pin 22 - HDTV - Y (Luminance/Green)  

Big HDD

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2004, 11:01:00 AM »

spillage, and any other person out there who has experience with this type of modding.....what type of connecting compound should i use......solder, or flux(what is flux also....)

and spillage, how would i wire up component out and then COAXIAL audio out?
I could just use the above reply's for component, then just solder 2 more points....... AVIP Pin # 6 for the data(center), and AVIP Pin # 24 for the audio ground(edge)???
I got the info off of the guy's site that is doing the all-in-one a/v cable.....

http://www.freedomfo.....0AV Cable.htm

is this correct(i dont need to switch, b/c i will be using component and surround sound the whole time)?????

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »

First off solder has a compound in it called flux to make the solder flow and adhere beter to the copper, brass whatever you are soldering. Some flux is corrosive. Modern solder uses something else, but I don't know what it's called. I always use silver solder as it flows better has much better conductivity and because it kinder to my iron.

You post has all the answers. So yes go for it and you should be cool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22