xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: All Output Types Configurable  (Read 790 times)

EgoX

• Archived User
All Output Types Configurable
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2004, 01:09:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2004, 03:45:00 PM »

I use rosin core solder. NEVER use acid core solder on fine (read: sensitive) electronic parts...unless you wish to ruin said electronic parts. Flux is to soldering as primer is to painting, basically.

Big HDD

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2004, 05:06:00 PM »

OH MY GOD......I am the LUCKIEST MAN ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!
First of all, I started the component and coaxial out, and had the output board all wired up, and then it was the last couple of steps on the motherboard connections, and i mad too big of a tin, and it BLOPPED BETWEED 3 POINTS!!!!!!
thank god my patience helped as i got it all off, reassembled the box as it was b4 the operation, and everything works like normal......now i am debating whether or not i should do this....one's for sure though....i am waiting on the tutorial b4 i do any more!

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »

ph34r.gif

Tut is undergoing more refinement as is the box. Currently my box has no back panel. The old has been cut out.

{{DEMON}}

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2004, 10:02:00 PM »

TUTORIALS?

SOON?

Thnaks!

{DEMON}

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2004, 02:52:00 AM »

Part of the body of both the RCA, 4 pin S' Video and the BNC connectors have threaded bodies and as a result they are effectively bolted to the panel just like a nut and bolt. VGA os fixed with the same screws you lock the cable to.

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »

Am awaiting permission from X2VGA to publish photos of the inside of their VGA pcb. Am currently modding it to fit the new back panel.

{{DEMON}}

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2004, 09:57:00 PM »

Not to be nosey or to be rude.  Spillage i respect you and your work and I respect that you contacted X2vga to publish photos.  But isn't the point of the Xbox-scene fourms and HACKING the xbox to do exactly that.  Noone wants their products messed with, but people like to imporove what they have, and your mods are SICK!, totally awsome.  I don't see what could happen if you ripped open a X2vga and published photos on the message board?  Can you get introuble?  IS there a law against openeing something you own and taking photos?  Its not like you are posting info on how to play Illegal games or movies or something. Just how to get video output from a device you own.  I don'r mean to sound out of line, and im not getting fresh or anything, but whats the point of hacking and moding if you need to obtain permission to do so.  I don't see how the X2vga people have any protections on it's side or ways to bring about legal action against a consumer for PIC's of its insides and or pics of the product with wires soldered to it that do nothing more than make it more convient to do the job it was built for anyways.

Looking forward to more of your work, hoping to learn more from your work and hope that soon i can start my project that i have inked baised on this thread.

stop making us drool... show us the money!
Anticapating the new photos of your work

{DEMON}

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2004, 03:59:00 AM »

dry.gif )

spillage

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2004, 01:48:00 PM »

sad.gif The scene is full to bursting with images of XBOX stripped down, but I think I will be the only one to post pics of the X2VGA which kind of makes me easy to pick off.

EvilWays,

Use only 75ohm for video connections. 50ohm and 75ohm connectors look the same but are physically different. Inserting a 75ohm plug into a 50ohm socket can cause socket damage and vice versa. 50ohm connectors are for radio transmitting equipment.

{{DEMON}}

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2004, 05:47:00 PM »

smile.gif

{DEMON}

EvilWays

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2004, 06:24:00 AM »

Neoya might be using something proprietary in the X2VGA...and if spillage posted pics of an open X2VGA showing the proprietary chip/setup/whatever, Neoya would become a ballbuster to spillage...basic "intellectual property" crap. Better for spillage to perform the C.Y.A. doctrine now just to be safe.

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2004, 06:55:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

Gerzand

Ben999_

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »

Wow, you obviously spent a lot of time on that mod. Great job with it.

MrOnline

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

Any news on the tut ??? looking for one on the coaxial and fiber digital output :-D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22