xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modding Oxm Dvd For Dashboard  (Read 101 times)

BenJeremy

• Archived User
Modding Oxm Dvd For Dashboard
« on: September 02, 2003, 05:06:00 AM »

There are several skins for Media X Menu based on OXM menus.

Why not try it?

Koo Amon

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 04:01:00 AM »

Welll I found out that there is multiple places you have to edit in order to mod OXM.  The menu.txt file looks to be bogus as it changes nothing(not even when changing similar things in the .jmx file) as far as I can tell.  While editing the .jmx I noticed it does change

Menu Titles
Menu Description
Movie to play (tries to load but crashes)
Game to play (tries to load but gives dirty disc error)

I think from playing around with it that there are settings in the .xbe that need to be changed.  I will try to get ahold of the proper tools to confrim this.

Koo Amon

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2003, 06:23:00 AM »

ph34r.gif

magic_ray

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 09:06:00 PM »

ph34r.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2003, 06:18:00 AM »

You seriously need to try MXM its basically what you're talking about!

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2003, 10:00:00 AM »

yeah but even if you do change the game dir and have it auto list your games, you still need to configure things like ftp and skinning support.

when it comes down to it mxm is the oxm "dash" it just need 3d support to have that cool floaty effect and BJ is working on that from what i understand.

still if you can figure it out i say go for it.

i imagine all the dashboards in the end will have some sort of 3d skinning effect and me alot like oxm

personaly the oxm layout and presentation is much nicer than the xbox dash

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2003, 06:16:00 PM »

There is a code enabled in the programming, of course, that allows the disc to only be run off of a disc.

JbOnE

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2003, 04:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (Videogamebuyer14 @ Sep 16 2003, 03:16 AM)
There is a code enabled in the programming, of course, that allows the disc to only be run off of a disc.

most definitely not wink.gif i've got it running perfectly from a hd. only not intending to use it to launch titles at all hehe - rather have it be the video user's guide for the release version of the ms xboxdash.  too many n00bs with too many ???'s - easier to give them a video showing exactly how to do something than ask them to read lol.  if you're that interested in using an oxm menu  - have that friend of yours that has the xdk (wink wink nudge nudge), let you at their cdx folder - same exact software - just stripped down to basics. AND - the inx file is alot easier to edit cuz it doesn't have oxm's encryption on it - just standard unicode text. dress it up real nice and you'll never know the difference wink.gif

pEAcE
JbOnE

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2003, 08:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (JbOnE @ Sep 17 2003, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (Videogamebuyer14 @ Sep 16 2003, 03:16 AM)

most definitely not wink.gif i've got it running perfectly from a hd. only not intending to use it to launch titles at all hehe - rather have it be the video user's guide for the release version of the ms xboxdash.  too many n00bs with too many ???'s - easier to give them a video showing exactly how to do something than ask them to read lol.  if you're that interested in using an oxm menu  - have that friend of yours that has the xdk (wink wink nudge nudge), let you at their cdx folder - same exact software - just stripped down to basics. AND - the inx file is alot easier to edit cuz it doesn't have oxm's encryption on it - just standard unicode text. dress it up real nice and you'll never know the difference wink.gif

pEAcE
JbOnE

CDX is great, I hacked it up a bit awhile back, I got to to display new stuff, and code, and even new pics, and background music, but I couldn't get it to load anything off of the HDD, or of CD. Take care guys.