xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: New Version Won't Start  (Read 489 times)

lotw

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2003, 01:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (Frop @ Dec 18 2003, 09:56 PM)
I also have problems starting up the box once in a while ( skin problems )

Exactly, me too. I am using the PirateBox skin, (the one I made...). Not sure if it actually is a problem with the skin or not, that's just the error I get.

I use X2 4979.67.

It isn't a problem with that skin or really any.  Somehow a bug came into the dashboard when it comes to skinning.  Everything but the default skin can cause that forced reboot and the error message about the skin.

Frop

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2003, 01:45:00 PM »

tongue.gif

Prolly something with backgrounds is my guess..

UnleashX, great release but I do hope this issue is of very high priority. =D

unleashx

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2003, 03:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (Frop @ Dec 18 2003, 11:45 PM)
UnleashX, great release but I do hope this issue is of very high priority. =D

Yes, it is. The moment I found the issue with 4977, expect a quick fix release.

jigga3stix

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2003, 05:21:00 PM »

hey...

unleashx... this is the best dash and actually makes me excited to upgrade shit on my box.  i've had the same dashboard for over a year now.

thanks a lot for working things out so quickly. if i knew how to program for xbox i'd help u out.

lotw

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2003, 06:37:00 PM »

Okay, for all of you having problems with the new version I found the problem.  First when you do get that message about the skin being bad, well it is wrong, it has nothing to do with the skin.  It has to do with something that was done in the soundtrack support.  If you backup all of you songs, with XBox Saves Manager and delete them off of the Xbox HD UnleashX will work perfect, no crashing or skin error messages.  Even if you set the soundtracks to no it still will crash as long as there are soundtracks on the Xbox E:TDATAfffe0000 directory.  I hope he gets that fixes as I was starting to really like the soundtracks at the dashboard, especially when FTPing or ripping a disc to the HD.

TwinkleTwinkle

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2003, 03:01:00 AM »

QUOTE (lotw @ Dec 20 2003, 04:37 AM)
  If you backup all of you songs, with XBox Saves Manager and delete them off of the Xbox HD UnleashX will work perfect, no crashing or skin error messages. 

I can confirm this. The new version gave me horrible results -- bad skin error messages, locking up at start up (black screen), "Reboot" never worked (black screen) and a reproducable lockup everytime I opened the "Applications" menu item or I scrolled to the bottom of my "Games" screen.

I removed the soundtracks and everything works now..

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2003, 05:41:00 PM »

hmm the other night...I had a few problems with it booting...just hangs on loading screen...a restart...then loads fine...sometimes 2 restarts...all other apps load fine

Bios: X2 4979.06

neejoh

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2003, 10:41:00 AM »

sad.gif

so i don't think its the bios sad.gif

but for futhter is the most kickass dash, and this will work out tongue.gif

lotw

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2003, 11:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (XBoxgeek @ Dec 21 2003, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (lotw @ Dec 20 2003, 04:37 AM)
Okay, for all of you having problems with the new version I found the problem.  First when you do get that message about the skin being bad, well it is wrong, it has nothing to do with the skin.  It has to do with something that was done in the soundtrack support.  If you backup all of you songs, with XBox Saves Manager and delete them off of the Xbox HD UnleashX will work perfect, no crashing or skin error messages.  Even if you set the soundtracks to no it still will crash as long as there are soundtracks on the Xbox E:TDATAfffe0000 directory.  I hope he gets that fixes as I was starting to really like the soundtracks at the dashboard, especially when FTPing or ripping a disc to the HD.

Hmm are you sure? I get the lock up problem and I have no music on my xbox. I guess we will know soon enough, I just don't want to give UnleashX a false lead.

Cheers

Well I have been using it for two says since I got rid of the soundtracks without a crash.  Of coarse I also deleted the save for UnleashX as someone else suggested so maybe it is a combiniation if you have had soundtracks on and used UnleashX.

XBoxgeek

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2003, 11:44:00 AM »

Nope, never used the MS dash for ripping music and I only use WinUX as a skin. I also deleted the UnleashX save game folder to be sure. It does not always lock up only about 50/50. I launch from Avalaunch or via xselect on boot.

X2 2.2, Bios,4979.67, Xbox version 1.1

sirsmooth

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2003, 11:58:00 AM »

yeah, i deleted my soundtracks and unleashx save 2 days ago and mine has been fine ever since.

Cheers Sirs

lotw

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2003, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (XBoxgeek @ Dec 21 2003, 09:44 PM)
Nope, never used the MS dash for ripping music and I only use WinUX as a skin. I also deleted the UnleashX save game folder to be sure. It does not always lock up only about 50/50. I launch from Avalaunch or via xselect on boot.

Launching from Avalaunch or even Evox is the worst thing to do to another Dashboard.  It should always be launched as a dashboard, the Xselector is ok, since it doesn't load stuff into memory that doesn't clear, like most dashboards do.

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2003, 04:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (lotw @ Dec 21 2003, 05:35 PM)
QUOTE (XBoxgeek @ Dec 21 2003, 09:44 PM)

Launching from Avalaunch or even Evox is the worst thing to do to another Dashboard.  It should always be launched as a dashboard, the Xselector is ok, since it doesn't load stuff into memory that doesn't clear, like most dashboards do.

Umm why is that? That is how we are told we are supposed to do it...because it has not been thoroughly tested and we are unsure if it is stable enough to run as default dash

lotw

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2003, 04:46:00 PM »

QUOTE (CaliSurfer008 @ Dec 22 2003, 02:16 AM)
Umm why is that? That is how we are told we are supposed to do it...because it has not been thoroughly tested and we are unsure if it is stable enough to run as default dash

Not all the memory of your Xbox gets returned when you launch a program out of the dashboard, the dashboard keeps a little.

I have had tons of problems running Avalaunch v0.48 from under Evox, when I ran it as the main dash most of the problems went away, although it still crashed too much for me when using the Qwik software.

I am running UnleashX as my only dashboard and have since the first version.  If it was to crash and not work, I have a CD made that allows booting of Evox where I can fix the dashboard.

the joker

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2003, 10:56:00 PM »

yea, dashboards tend to lock a few things like network card, and that's not very nice for the upcoming dash.  Actually, DHCP seems to get through most of the time, but setting static ip really locks things up.

if you expect uX to always work for you, you have to put it as boot. ( as with any dash )
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4