xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: New Version Won't Start  (Read 489 times)

neejoh

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« on: January 02, 2004, 03:22:00 AM »

I tried everything, but it still hangs with me here.

Hopefully it will be fixed, so i can use it again, because its still the dash out there

Jsmith

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (lotw @ Jan 2 2004, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (neejoh @ Jan 2 2004, 01:22 PM)
I tried everything, but it still hangs with me here.

Hopefully it will be fixed, so i can use it again, because its still the dash out there

If you try the new Interum version is doesn't hang unless you have the soundtrack option on or the skin you are using uses the ChipID string.

How do you turn the sound track option off?  I've never ripped any cds to my xbox though, so I don't know if that affects me.

I also don't have any specific skin set yet since it doesn't boot so unless the default skin uses ChipID, that wouldn't be my problem.  Could you maybe name a skin that doesn't use it, and then post the lines from your config.xml that tells UnleashX to use that skin, so that I can try that out?

Thx

Jsmith

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 09:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (lotw @ Jan 2 2004, 01:25 PM)
QUOTE (Jsmith @ Jan 2 2004, 06:55 PM)
How do you turn the sound track option off?  I've never ripped any cds to my xbox though, so I don't know if that affects me.

I also don't have any specific skin set yet since it doesn't boot so unless the default skin uses ChipID, that wouldn't be my problem.  Could you maybe name a skin that doesn't use it, and then post the lines from your config.xml that tells UnleashX to use that skin, so that I can try that out?

Thx

Go into system and then settings, it should be the 4th option down. The Play music should be off, at least for now.

UnleashX won't start, so I can't do that.  So, my setting right now is whatever the default is, because I've never manually turned it on.

Black Panther

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 10:02:00 AM »

Hello,

I installed the new UnleashX interim.  After which I switched the Menu Music off and delete the UnleashX Saves run it absolutely stably with Intro and Loding Video.

Jsmith

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »

Right.  UnleashX pointed out in a different thread, that my problem is related to the LBA 48 patch for Big F.  He's trying to narrow down the problem.

Thing2

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »

smile.gif

I just put the newest version on last night....and I was so happy that it played random music...turned my xbox on this afternoon...and nothing but a black screen.......
Rebooted several times....nothing but black screen.....

Turned music off......Booted up just fine...... sad.gif
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  smile.gif

I want my random soundtracks smile.gif
So now I have to decide whether to go back to the previous version and settle with music period...even though it's not random...or stick with this one...and no music....hmm.....

edit: I just read something in a nother thread that said if you set the music path to f:music it will work fine.  So since I use Xselect I loaded up Evox, accessed unleashx's config file, turned off the music....it booted...then once inside I changed the path to f:music and kept my music on!  It runs.  I dont know if the amount of time I left it off is the issue or what....but....we'll see....

Edit 2: Nope, it doesn't work perfectly....and now the skins seems to set itself to default sometimes...and use my skin other times...it never remembers the clock or date setting either.....and often doesn't boot up...but hey...I'll still use it.

unleashx

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 04:15:00 AM »

It won't take too long before I release the next one. I just wanted to be sure that issues like this are minimized, if not totally eliminated. Some people who were having same problem before tested the new build and so far, has been stable.

Tazmanian_Devil

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2004, 09:40:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

Nailed

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 05:04:00 PM »

UnleashX definitely has some problems scanning directories.   I added my game directory and UnleashX would not start.  Then I removed all but one game; it started.  I continued adding games in sets of two or three with mixed results; when it did not start, I added games one at a time.  However, eventually, it would not start at all.  Whenever it locked up, I checked the contents of items.xml... it was never updated.  I have soundtracks turned off.

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (Nailed @ Jan 21 2004, 07:04 PM)
UnleashX definitely has some problems scanning directories.   I added my game directory and UnleashX would not start.  Then I removed all but one game; it started.  I continued adding games in sets of two or three with mixed results; when it did not start, I added games one at a time.  However, eventually, it would not start at all.  Whenever it locked up, I checked the contents of items.xml... it was never updated.  I have soundtracks turned off.

hmm...all works fine for me?

tweaqr

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 06:02:00 PM »

@Nailed

can you give us more info on your setup ive updated 5 boxes and haven't had a problem with it.

Jsmith

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »

All my problems have been fixed with the newest version.  Works great now.  Every bug I noticed is gone too.  Also, preview videos are no longer choppy (and even play better than they do in MXM).

Jsmith

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2003, 07:34:00 PM »

Hey,

I just upgraded to the new version.  The old version worked fine for me.  But when I try to start the new version, I just get a black screen and nothing ever loads.

I've gone through the config.xml a few times now and can't see any problems with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

As a note, I've got a V1.0 xbox.  Xecutor 1 installed, but I'm running Phoenix Bios Loader which loads up X2-4977.

Thanks!

unleashx

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2003, 07:49:00 PM »

I heard a few people having problems with X2 4977, including Lantus (though that is what I'm using). I'm not saying that it's the problem but I'll look into it. But you may wanna try the newer BIOSes and see if that fixes it. I hardly modified the initialization process.

Maybe it's time for me to look at PBL, I've never bothered to try it out in the past, but I know it is bound to appear anytime. Any guides you can point me at to give me a headstart on it?

DaShiZNiT

• Archived User
New Version Won't Start
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »

I have this problem too, I am going to try a different BIOS. I am using X2 4977
Pages: [1] 2 3 4