xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Unleashx V0.25.1218a  (Read 1276 times)

dragonforce99

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2003, 01:31:00 PM »

Still no go with XFER 2.02. When I try to loadup an ISO right onto the box with newest UnleashX and XFER 2.02 it connects to the box but then sits there ( calculating ). When I fire up evox and use XFER it works fine.

So its something with the FTP Connection ( I guess )

XceL

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2003, 01:52:00 PM »

When scrolling through the songs now, At the end of a playlist, it just stops and does not continue back around to the first song, just alittle something, not really a bug..

townfool

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2003, 03:09:00 PM »

Right,,

hi all,

Im impressed.. however i have a bug report.

Had a quick search but found nothing.

Just had a bit of trouble getting it to boot in the first box i put it in..

I has a 200GB maxtor evo 4977 large F drive

It works fine on the standard retail box so im gussing its a large F problem?

Thanks Townfool

-Natas-

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2003, 03:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (lotw @ Dec 17 2003, 07:02 PM)
I have noticed that a lot of the skins that I downloaded from www.allxboxskins.com work great until I reset or leave an app and go back to the dashboard, the screen just goes blue (on my HDTV), I have to turn off the Xbox and turn it back on.  Once I do that it loads and says there was something wrong with the skin and goes back to the default one.

I am having the same problem and I do not have an HDTV. It tells me to fix the skin, weird. I put on the red skin that came with unleashx in the first release and have not had the problem again.  blink.gif

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2003, 05:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (Frop @ Dec 17 2003, 08:32 PM)
Wow a crapload of a list, way to go man. I didn't expect WMV support so soon, and loading screen and the bugs, woot.

Well, I wasn't planning on adding WMV/XMV support till 2-3 releases down the road. I started working on the FTP client thing, but one poster (see skins thread, page 13) really got into my skin(no, not the dash's skin). So I rushed to put this in instead and thought add some more. But I feel like shooting myself in the foot. That damned skin don't differ much by what the current release (at that time) offers. I thought it was flooded with videos and what have you, so I freaking busted my ass to get it done. Well, I guess, it didn't turn out too bad in the end. Now you can thank the guy for making me add it in there.

importtuner

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2003, 06:30:00 PM »

Got the preview videos working fine for games/apps etc.  Can I have a video playing after the intro movie? When on the main menu options.

crobar

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2003, 07:42:00 PM »

nice release, unleash x works his programing ass off!
im still playing with the video implementation, but still one bug i notice more often then not is the messed up menu fonts/items when browsing
in an out of menus some times the text is wrong or jumbled,
anyone else get this?

importtuner

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2003, 08:17:00 PM »

Thanks for the info unleashx, I have had a go at trying to get it to work but I am having no joy. sad.gif

This is my skin, the previews for games/apps play fine inside the small LCD screen but i want to put a video file into this that will play when there are no previews available.
user posted image
Could you tell me how you would implement it into the skin.xml

This is what I have tried to do.
I got rid of the IntroMovie and replaced it with BackGround,but it still doesn't work.

<BackGround EnableAudio="True" Left="64" Top="33" Width="95" Height="54" />C:xodashmedialive.wmv</BackGround> (the backslashes are missing from the path in here but are ok in skin)
<Main Globe="False" Orb="False">
<BackGround>bg.png</BackGround>

Thanks in advance

Rollo

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2003, 09:57:00 PM »

it happens periodically on winUX and red.....those are the only two i'm using.
i tried switching to the 4979.06 and have the same problems....i was using the red without fail in the last release

it also is locking up on IGR for me sometimes

the intro wmv loses audio after about 3 seconds and the video gets progressively choppier....i can watch the same file thru the file explorer with no problem. ohmy.gif

Rollo

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2003, 10:46:00 PM »

that second part wasn't for you! biggrin.gif

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2003, 12:13:00 AM »

QUOTE (importtuner @ Dec 18 2003, 06:17 AM)
Thanks for the info unleashx, I have had a go at trying to get it to work but I am having no joy. sad.gif

This is my skin, the previews for games/apps play fine inside the small LCD screen but i want to put a video file into this that will play when there are no previews available.
user posted image
Could you tell me how you would implement it into the skin.xml

This is what I have tried to do.
I got rid of the IntroMovie and replaced it with BackGround,but it still doesn't work.

<BackGround EnableAudio="True" Left="64" Top="33" Width="95" Height="54" />C:xodashmedialive.wmv</BackGround> (the backslashes are missing from the path in here but are ok in skin)
<Main Globe="False" Orb="False">
<BackGround>bg.png</BackGround>

Thanks in advance

There can only be one background in the main section and it's always fullscreen. In your case, replace bg.png with "C:\xodash\media\live.wmv". But I'm sure this isn't the behavior that you wanted.

--Xtreme--

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2003, 02:50:00 AM »

Looks good man havent tried it out yet but I will be soon! Oh and dont let the remarks by others bother you. When someone tries to dog the dash they are most likely jelous that they cant do something better themselves. Or they are just dick-riders of another dash!!!

XBoxgeek

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2003, 04:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (Rollo @ Dec 18 2003, 07:57 AM)
the intro wmv loses audio after about 3 seconds and the video gets progressively choppier....i can watch the same file thru the file explorer with no problem. ohmy.gif

Same here.

pdottz

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2003, 05:37:00 AM »

smile.gif

--this ones weird. Some games like SOUL CALIBUR 2 I renamed the xbe to soul calibur 2 to make it easier on the eyes. and then I ftp the default.xbe back into it's folder, and the new version of UnleashX still shows it as SOUL CALIBUR 2. I then deleted the save games from the dash and  my config.xml and it still shows the old CAPS filename. Switching back to the old version shows soul calibur 2.

--This one is new versino specific since this feature wasn't in the previous version. Some Loading screens lock up the xbox. custom loading.png's .

Keep in mind these are NOT COMPLAINTS!!!. these are just some bugs  I found. This is my dash of choice now. nothing would make me switch back to evox now.  smile.gif  <--hater lol
anyways I hope Ive been specific in my bug detection. I did test everything Ive posted here for about 1hr to make sure.  

ps. Love the truncation of long names ie. Prince of Persia:Sand of Time , and the custom loading screens.

ph34r.gif

fezzman

• Archived User
Unleashx V0.25.1218a
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2003, 05:38:00 AM »

I too am having the skin problem with this release.  I've not tried all of my skins but the Halo 2 and the Mediaskin.  After a reboot it will hang on the loading screen.  After a few reboots then it goes to the default dash and says there is a problem with my skin.

Another problem I've noticed with all releases is reboot on eject after the screen saver has come on.   Is there anything I can do to prevent this?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10