xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Bug List  (Read 796 times)

linophryne

• Archived User
Bug List
« on: January 04, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »

Who all programs UnleashX? just one person? Ever think about bringing more people onboard to help with the development of Unleashx? maybe go open source?

P.S. i also get the skin bug freeze when i use igr and telling me that the skin has caused unleashx to freeze, then resets to the default blue skin.  I had unleashX my default, but got tired of having to get up to reset the xbox everytime i came out of a game. Untill this skin bug is fixed up, i'm afraid it's evox for now.

unleashx

• Archived User
Bug List
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »

Thread closed. Please post bug reports in appropriate thread. I'll keep this pinned for a while until I'm sure most bugs reported in this thread has been dealt with.

crobar

• Archived User
Bug List
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 12:29:00 PM »

only issue ive seen so far is when you go into the formatting menu and come out the
parent menu has some text left over from the format menu im not sure if it comes up in any of the other sub menus.
the G drive support seems to work fine so far.

xcondor

• Archived User
Bug List
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 04:32:00 PM »

When updateing fan speed in setting after reboot it sets it back to 1* any thoughts

unleashx

• Archived User
Bug List
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2003, 05:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (xcondor @ Nov 29 2003, 02:32 AM)
When updateing fan speed in setting after reboot it sets it back to 1* any thoughts

The value you see on the settings is the running value and not the configured one. If it says 1, then UnleashX failed to set the requested fan speed (config.xml will retain the setting you have). Setting the fan speed isn't always gonna work, especially if you've booted the box several times already.

Budmiester

• Archived User
Bug List
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2003, 07:29:00 PM »

Slight problem Ive come across is it seems to take ages longer to get back to dash from IGR rather than a cold boot.
It just sits at a black screen for ages.
The only reason I notice is because how quick it boots cold biggrin.gif.
Has anyone else found this or is igr more or less instant?

FullMetalPacket

• Archived User
Bug List
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2003, 08:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (xcondor @ Nov 29 2003, 02:32 AM)

try updating the value directly in config.xml

XBoxgeek

• Archived User
Bug List
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2003, 05:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (crobar @ Nov 28 2003, 10:29 PM)
the G drive support seems to work fine so far.

Are you sure on this?

I thought so at first, but I can't launch any games that are on G. It scans G and lists the games but when you select a game it does not load (I have seen one other post that confirms this)

FTP and the internal filemanager work okay with G though.

I bet there is a simple typo in the code that trys to run the app from partition 6 rather than 7  wink.gif

Xboxgeek

unleashx

• Archived User
Bug List
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2003, 05:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (wishmaster @ Nov 29 2003, 02:49 PM)
similer to firefliers bug
when changing the default dvd player from c:xboxdash.xbe to say e:appsdvdxdefault.xbe then save , when i reboot it chages to c:?boxdash.xbe, its wierd, so all i did was moved dvdx folder to c: set default dvd play to c:dvdxdefault.xbe and it worked  laugh.gif

@fireflier, @wishmaster,

I finally understand what you were trying to say. The config.xml contains the right value but it was during a reboot that would cause this to revert into an even wrong value  blink.gif . (The "?" in the name would cause it not launch the player when a DVD disk is inserted).

What happens is that it tries to detect the configured value if it was existing. But during this time, Drive F isn't mounted yet, so it won't be able to find it.

It's already fixed and should be included in the next release. I'll try to come up with as much as possible over the weekend.

Thanks.

pmh

• Archived User
Bug List
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2003, 05:15:00 AM »

Ohh, I have noticied that after playing halo for a while, and I eject the disk, it reverts to the default skin. After a quick reboot, it goes back to normal.

unleashx

• Archived User
Bug List
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2003, 05:15:00 AM »

@XBoxgeek,

that's being look at, as I speak. It's top priority and I hope to include the fix with the next release. I don't have a large HD so I'm kinda working blind when it comes to it. I'll be relying on people like you who have Drive G for testing.

XBoxgeek

• Archived User
Bug List
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2003, 05:23:00 AM »

No problem. I got plenty more things to do like skinning, so I don't miss my games at the mo  laugh.gif

The more I am tweaking this dash the more I like it. You have done a fantastic job for a first release  beerchug.gif

If you have a paypal account I can help you out with a large hard drive?

One more thing (it's no Big deal) I get *** in the keyboard input string on some functions. It's like it is masking the text as you would with a password.

Cheers

Xboxgeek

Ed_209

• Archived User
Bug List
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2003, 07:05:00 AM »

I am not sure if this counts as a "bug" or not...but the L and R triggers for scrolling down are reversed.  Almost every emulator and every other program I have on xbox uses the R trigger to scroll down fast and the L trigger to scroll up fast. I always get mixed up at first when I play a few emulators and then go to the unleashx menu. I am pretty sure everyone would agree that it would be much better having the R trigger as the fast scroll down button instead of the L trigger.

Also in the next build you release I was wondering if you could put an "emulators" option along with the games and applications so everyone doesn't have to go in the xml file and add it every time you update this very fine dashboard.

Another quick question, does the password feature support passwords with using the xbox controller? Or are these passwords specifically designed to be used with the keyboard only? That would be cool to have xbox controller passwords like "up up down down" instead of having to whip out a keyboard everytime. I am not sure if this is included or not, I am just asking if it is.

Right now my favorite feature out of all of the dashboards is the "boost" transfer mode that Avalaunch has. Since you aren't "competing" with these other dashboards and are just trying to benefit the scene better, maybe you can collaborate with Avalaunch? I doubt Avalaunch will give you the source to the boost mode, but if you gave proper credit to them then why wouldn't they?  Keep up the good work!

nezff

• Archived User
Bug List
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2003, 07:36:00 AM »

not sure if it has been discussed: found when u hit reset, it locks up.  Also the major problem I have, is I set the Network setting to Dhcp and it keeps telling me static in the dash. Why?

kilroy1

• Archived User
Bug List
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2003, 08:16:00 AM »

Hardly consider this a bug, but worth pointing out. Should be the quickest fix yet smile.gif

It is the default config.xml that is included. There is a wrong reference to the F: drive where it should be G inthe format section:

<List Text="Format Menu" Sort="Off" Auto="On" Password="Xbox">
   <Item Action="Format" Arg1="F" Password="">Format F Drive</Item>
   <Item Action="Format" Arg1="G" Password="">Format FDrive </Item>  ** should be G Drive **
   <Item Action="Format"  Arg1="X" Password="">Format X Drive</Item>
   <Item Action="Format"  Arg1="Y" Password="">Format Y Drive</Item>
   <Item Action="Format"  Arg1="Z" Password="">Format Z Drive</Item>
</List>

Keep up the great work!
-Kilroy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7