xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Unleashx  (Read 1559 times)

heinrich

• Archived User
Unleashx
« on: November 27, 2003, 10:23:00 AM »

Have to say, it looks pretty nice; and has a features list to rival a few other dash's.  Features are on the the x-s website, here are a few screenshots
http://xbox.ventfest...ts/unleash1.jpg
http://xbox.ventfest...ts/unleash2.jpg
http://xbox.ventfest...ts/unleash3.jpg

SeQr

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 10:24:00 AM »

What do you think about this new one, did you try it, sounds like a good competition for Evox.

SeQr

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 10:27:00 AM »

Yeah seems nice, it seems both of us opened a topic right at the same moment lol, made one to, well if any admin is reading this, go ahead to delete mine, let's use this topic for UnleashX. It does indeed seam nice. Also nice it has build in pw protection for different apps/games. That's easy with some lets say relatives. Also has a nice future list, with a little improvement this will be a nice competitor for Evox.

heinrich

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 10:32:00 AM »

One thing I noticed right away when poking around is that the formatting options are password protected by default, pretty nice little feature smile.gif

winnieandbuzz

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 11:05:00 AM »

This might be the next thing. I have read the doc files and must say that I am slightly impressed. I hope this will be further developed.
This weekend I'll give it definitely a go

irajames1176

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 11:10:00 AM »

uhh.gif looks like just a hacked ms dashboard to me? I don't know i'll have to see it in person

The Axledental DJ

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 11:37:00 AM »

I likeit alot, but its not replacing my custom moded xboxdash.xbe and such, but this new unleasxdash seems like a mix of Evox and Nexgen and xboxdash. Very bice, very promising. YEs, it works in 480P!! Although, I think I would need to have the roginal xboxdash video settings, like 480P yes or no, 720P ye or now and so forth. I did run into a little problem tryin to change the system settings for filemanager. The input of the keyboard and MS joypad is fast, maybe a little too fast, and I would skip some of the keyboard input when Iwas tryin to type in the new filemanager name. I finally got it inputed, but it keeps going to the defualt Unleashxdash file manager and I like my XCommander file manager. Also, maybe an option for File Attributes fixer should be added to UnleashXDash file manager.
Alos, saw some werd things, the Games listed had some Names not fully displayed like: SPAW, which is my Spawn game, But its all there in Evox as SPAWN. I also saw other games listed and they were complete. Strange. This could very well replace my Old Evox, once some more features are added. Like a Skin to mimi the original green Xbox Dash completely..?
Flash BIOS options, and whatever the auther intends to add. Its still not the end all be all Xboxdash.xbe, it still has to goto the MS xboxdash.xbe to load a DVD or Audio CD.. Ohh well, Still a very nice Beta. Congrats to the Author, Keep the Betas coming an I will test it on my Infocus X1 DLP Projectot at 480P, I can also test 720P and 1080P if need to.
Thanks!
The Axledental DJ
www.axledentaldj.com

XBoxgeek

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2003, 12:05:00 PM »

Rats I hate to be the first with a stupid question, but here goes anyway  laugh.gif

1) Screen Capture. How does this work? In the doc file that comes with the skins it says "press left trigger + black" I tried this but I can't find a captured file anywhere. Does it put them in the folder where your xbe is? is "left trigger + black" correct? (I tried every other possible combination as well)

2) News feed does not seem to work. I have it enabled. I had to edit the xml file manualy as it can't be enabled in settings. I tried all the skins, just in case it could be turned off in the skin, but still no joy. Note:- I have news feeds in Avalaunch working fine.

Cheers

Xboxgeek

Donor

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2003, 12:41:00 PM »

I would have to say, I love this as well.  I do have one problem though.  FTP doesn’t work for me.  I get the same results that I do with nexgen.  I can login but it doesn’t show drives.  It may be a simple fix like deleting some save file or something, but I just don't know.  If I could get the ftp to work I would use this dash as a default at least for a while.
So if anyone has any answers for me please let me know.

Great job I look forward to upcoming stuff.

d3fault_dot_xbe

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »

that sounds like a pretty good dash, could give Evox a run for its money.... i will try it as soon as i get home from AZ (thanksgiving)....  and i like the "text editor" idea.

heinrich

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2003, 12:50:00 PM »

1) Screen Capture. How does this work? In the doc file that comes with the skins it says "press left trigger + black" I tried this but I can't find a captured file anywhere. Does it put them in the folder where your xbe is? is "left trigger + black" correct? (I tried every other possible combination as well)

I couldnt get this to work either - the screenshots I posted, I took with the xdk.

Hopefully a seperate forum will be opened shorlty for this new dash, should be easier for people to post their individual files.

Onkelscholle

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2003, 01:22:00 PM »

It looks great, but how do I adjust the screen position?? It is not exactly centric!
please help me!!

funkydub

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2003, 01:29:00 PM »

keyboard support? huh ?
my keyboard works in everything apart from this

joele

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2003, 01:31:00 PM »

Screen size/position is something available in emus like xsnesx bad sadly lacking in many other programs, would be a great feature if this was implemented in this new dash...

P.S. Have to try this dash tonight, sounds good!

Slingky

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2003, 01:32:00 PM »

please help me setup custom icons...

all games show correctly but only with embedded icon...

i tried to put a screenshot in both png and jpg format in each game directory and i named it Icon.png and Icon.jpg.... but still the embedded icon.

Please help, what's missing ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10