xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Unleashx  (Read 1558 times)

Johnrx86

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »

i like this dash alot..replaced my evox with it... hopefully more documentation and further revisions of the dash will be released. Anyone know how to get newsfeeds to work? Whenever I enable them it just disables my system menu... :-/

moggisan

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2003, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (Donor @ Nov 27 2003, 10:41 PM)
I would have to say, I love this as well.  I do have one problem though.  FTP doesn’t work for me.  I get the same results that I do with nexgen.  I can login but it doesn’t show drives.  It may be a simple fix like deleting some save file or something, but I just don't know.  If I could get the ftp to work I would use this dash as a default at least for a while.
So if anyone has any answers for me please let me know.

Great job I look forward to upcoming stuff.

try turning off a firewall if you're running one

sil247

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2003, 02:45:00 PM »

Just want to say it is geart ! does any body know how to enable costum icon ,i try putting a icon.png in genesis emu but did not work?

Donor

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2003, 03:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (moggisan @ Nov 27 2003, 11:19 PM)
QUOTE (Donor @ Nov 27 2003, 10:41 PM)
I would have to say, I love this as well.  I do have one problem though.  FTP doesn’t work for me.  I get the same results that I do with nexgen.  I can login but it doesn’t show drives.  It may be a simple fix like deleting some save file or something, but I just don't know.  If I could get the ftp to work I would use this dash as a default at least for a while.
So if anyone has any answers for me please let me know.

Great job I look forward to upcoming stuff.

try turning off a firewall if you're running one

Thanks I did figure it out, I had to turn off the "Show hidden files" option.  I wounder if this will also make nexgen work for me.

rob1309

• Recovered User
Unleashx
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2003, 03:35:00 PM »

i've tested this out and it seems pretty damn nice so far
the fan speed thing seems to be messed or something for me
i set to 1.5 and it keeps going back to 1x
and yea, i'd love to be able to calibrate the screen to fix the overscan issues
trigger scrolling seems to be reversed but no biggie
i gotta admit, for a first release, this kicks some serious ass

koldfuzion

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2003, 03:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (sil247 @ Nov 28 2003, 12:45 AM)
Just want to say it is geart ! does any body know how to enable costum icon ,i try putting a icon.png in genesis emu but did not work?

if its as much like mxm as i think it is.. delete the items.xml file in the same fodler you have the dash, and reboot.   it should grab the new icons and make them available

shank69xo

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2003, 03:45:00 PM »

I just tryed this out myself. I have to say it is pretty nice. i'm gonna try to make a skin for it tonite after I'm done pigging out and drinking. All in all, this is a very good dashboard. I might just make it my primary.

Serious Sam

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2003, 04:19:00 PM »

smile.gif  Only problem i found was that it wont launch games that are on G: partition.
Yes I have Use G: Drive enabled and Yes I added  the path in the xml to where my games are on G:
<List Text="Games" Sort="On" Auto="On">
<Path>E:Games</Path>
<Path>F:Games</Path>
<Path>G:Games</Path>

Games show in the Games menu but when you press A to launch nothing happens.

Besides that its a great dashboard! and i know once they work out all the bugs this dash will rule!!  smile.gif

XDelusion

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2003, 05:31:00 PM »

smile.gif

Any I've only found that bug, aside of that, it is replacing Evox for me unless I can find something that makes me want to switch back, and thus far I am not finding it.

Awsome work man, very awsome!

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2003, 05:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (SeQr @ Nov 27 2003, 08:24 PM)
What do you think about this new one, did you try it, sounds like a good competition for Evox.

Hi All, I'm the developer of UnleashX. First and foremost, It's not my intention to compete with Evox. Evox is a great dash and it has been there right from the very start, so hats off to team EvolutionX.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2003, 05:40:00 PM »

smile.gif

Slingky

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2003, 05:47:00 PM »

please unleashx, just say how to make Icon.jpg or Icon.png working...

i a screenshot named Icon.jpg in each games folder and its not working, unleashx only shows embedded default.xbe icon...

only way i found was to edit manually the items.xml but it will be long and i don't want to do it that way each time a add a new game...

when unleashx scans for default.xbe in each folder, can't it just take the icon.jpg if present and add it to the config file ???

Good work BTW.

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2003, 05:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (The Axledental DJ @ Nov 27 2003, 09:37 PM)
I likeit alot, but its not replacing my custom moded xboxdash.xbe and such, but this new unleasxdash seems like a mix of Evox and Nexgen and xboxdash. Very bice, very promising. YEs, it works in 480P!! Although, I think I would need to have the roginal xboxdash video settings, like 480P yes or no, 720P ye or now and so forth. I did run into a little problem tryin to change the system settings for filemanager. The input of the keyboard and MS joypad is fast, maybe a little too fast, and I would skip some of the keyboard input when Iwas tryin to type in the new filemanager name. I finally got it inputed, but it keeps going to the defualt Unleashxdash file manager and I like my XCommander file manager. Also, maybe an option for File Attributes fixer should be added to UnleashXDash file manager.
Alos, saw some werd things, the Games listed had some Names not fully displayed like: SPAW, which is my Spawn game, But its all there in Evox as SPAWN. I also saw other games listed and they were complete. Strange. This could very well replace my Old Evox, once some more features are added. Like a Skin to mimi the original green Xbox Dash completely..?
Flash BIOS options, and whatever the auther intends to add. Its still not the end all be all Xboxdash.xbe, it still has to goto the MS xboxdash.xbe to load a DVD or Audio CD.. Ohh well, Still a very nice Beta. Congrats to the Author, Keep the Betas coming an I will test it on my Infocus X1 DLP Projectot at 480P, I can also test 720P and 1080P if need to.
Thanks!
The Axledental DJ
www.axledentaldj.com

Unleash uses and depends on the internal settings of xbox. It's only supporting 480P at the moment, so no 720P.

The File Manager wil always use the built-in file manager. What that settings supposed to do is, when you insert an Xbox DVD (without the default.xbe on the root), it will launch whatever file manager you had it configured with, or fire up the built-in one if you left it blank.

I'll try to add Attribute fixer. Also, there's a green skin included with the skinpack. It's not exactly like MS Dash, but you can configure the colors to match your taste. Flashing of BIOS is at the bottom of my list. I designed this dash with safety in mind, so anything that could potentially damage your xbox won't be added till everything is A okay.

For your DVD/CD playing, yes, it requires a player. This is a dash, so adding those capability is not on the list. I stated this in the docs and like I said, we already have a great media players outthere, I'm not about to make a new one. I'm trying to keep the footprint down to a minimum so it stays fast and responsive.

unleashx

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2003, 05:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (XBoxgeek @ Nov 27 2003, 10:05 PM)
Rats I hate to be the first with a stupid question, but here goes anyway  laugh.gif

1) Screen Capture. How does this work? In the doc file that comes with the skins it says "press left trigger + black" I tried this but I can't find a captured file anywhere. Does it put them in the folder where your xbe is? is "left trigger + black" correct? (I tried every other possible combination as well)

2) News feed does not seem to work. I have it enabled. I had to edit the xml file manualy as it can't be enabled in settings. I tried all the skins, just in case it could be turned off in the skin, but still no joy. Note:- I have news feeds in Avalaunch working fine.

Cheers

Xboxgeek

The files can be found in Drive Z. It Z has no space, next will be in Y, then X. When doing a screen capture, you'll notice a slight pause which means it's capturing.

Newsfeed won't show up unless your skin supports it. It doesn't make sense to fetch the news if your skin don't intend to show it. Try the BlueBox skin, it has support for it.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Unleashx
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2003, 05:57:00 PM »

ok feedback.

the interface and fonts are funky... the same kind of funkyness that keeps me from every considering MXM a dash. cant explain it

the left stick goes down but dosent come back up

the extra skins you included, arent what you call great.

besides that, not bad for a start
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10