xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: XISO is BUGGY ............  (Read 61 times)

Tripmode

• Archived User
XISO is BUGGY ............
« on: July 10, 2002, 02:37:00 PM »

Forgot xISO ... use prassi primo to burn your discs as data and choose UDF file format 128 char and disc at once.   works flawlessly, and I have tested speeds and they are similar...seems that the XFS file system serves one purpose, and that is so pc rom drives cant read the discs

Revolver_O

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2002, 07:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (avengingangel @ Jul 10 2002, 07:50 PM)
Just as an FYI:
I copied Wreckless and made an ISO using XISO.
Burned it to both DVD-R and DVD-RW.
It just wouldn't boot up #$#$%%$

I then took someones advice from here (sorry I don't remember who) about NOT NEEDING to use XISO.

You simply use Primo DVD, Create a DATA DISC and select all the files and then burn.

Wreckless worked perfectly using this method..

thank you so much, i forgot to do that to get wreckless to work

John566

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2002, 12:00:00 AM »

I had the same experience with xISO and Wreckless.  Works great with Prassi as a data disk.

xtreme-1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2002, 12:22:00 AM »

My question is has anyone gotten a game to work that was made into an iso via Xiso ?

avengingangel

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2002, 06:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (xtreme-1 @ Jul 11 2002, 06:22 AM)
My question is has anyone gotten a game to work that was made into an iso via Xiso ?

I did in the beginning but some games just wouldn't burn properly (bruce lee and wreckless for instance) so I stopped using it and all my problems went away.

Revolver_O

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2002, 09:18:00 AM »

can someone post the exact way to burn the games without using xiso

vinviny

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2002, 09:43:00 AM »

This was posted from wackywookie from another post here using Primo:

heres the steps i use to burn, works all the time. go to file->new job> data disk. add every folder and file from the game into the list. then go to edit -> recording options and make these changes ONLY. recording type - Disk at Once (closed), CD file system type -> UDF up to 128 in filename length, any char., plus 8+3 tree (bridge) DVD file system type-> UDF up to 128 in filename length, any char., plus 8+3 tree (bridge) then click ok. next step, burn

This what I did to get Wreckless to work...xISO sux, use this method and and everythings gold!