xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Mod Installer In The Dallas~FT Worth Area  (Read 1378 times)

Don M acamillion

• Archived User
Mod Installer In The Dallas~FT Worth Area
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2003, 08:58:00 PM »

Tester,

I need 2 mobos repaired. Can you help me out? Or does any one know where I can order a couple of new ones?

beerchug.gif

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2003, 09:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (Don M acamillion @ May 3 2003, 11:51 PM)
Tester,

I need 2 mobos repaired. Can you help me out? Or does any one know where I can order a couple of new ones?

beerchug.gif

Yeah, I can help you out, but I need more info.

For both Xbox's

1. What does your Xbox do EXACTLY when you attempt to boot it up?
2. What did you do to it right before you started having problems?
3. What version of Xbox do you have?
4. What mod chip are you using?
5. Will it boot up with the chip disabled?
6. Will it boot up with the chip enabled?
7. What error code are you getting, if you're getting one?
8. Post pics if you got them, they help tremendously.

Don M acamillion

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2003, 09:49:00 PM »

Well Tester,

The first one v1.0 works fine with a x2 Pro but the NIC does not work anymore. I cant ftp to it to save evox on it so I'm stuck. Its completely dead. No lights

The second one, well I messed up 2 of the 3 little resistors to the left of the LPCs (dont know if this is my problem or not) I get a green for about 2 secs then it goes out for about 2 then  orange, red, orange red...

Don M acamillion

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2003, 09:50:00 PM »

Oh Yeah! the second 1 is v1.2

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2003, 06:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (Don M acamillion @ May 4 2003, 12:49 AM)
Well Tester,

The first one v1.0 works fine with a x2 Pro but the NIC does not work anymore. I cant ftp to it to save evox on it so I'm stuck. Its completely dead. No lights

The second one, well I messed up 2 of the 3 little resistors to the left of the LPCs (dont know if this is my problem or not) I get a green for about 2 secs then it goes out for about 2 thenĀ  orange, red, orange red...

I can fix the second one, but need more info.

Give me more info like this:

For both Xbox's

1. What does your Xbox do EXACTLY when you attempt to boot it up?
2. What did you do to it right before you started having problems?
3. What version of Xbox do you have?
4. What mod chip are you using?
5. Will it boot up with the chip disabled?
6. Will it boot up with the chip enabled?
7. What error code are you getting, if you're getting one?
8. Post pics if you got them, they help tremendously.

Thanks!

~Tester123

dmiler72

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2003, 08:14:00 AM »

I have a 1.1 xbox. When it tries to boot, I hear the harddrive start up 3 times, then it blinks red/green. Worked fine before I tried to install an Xecuter2 Lite. I tried to hit the D0 point on the back of the board and used a wire that was more stiff than the one that came with the x2. I was then going to just connect them together. That way, If I ever changed chips, I wouldnt have to solder D0 again. When I placed the board back in the case, the stiff wire wasn't letting the board rest as it should, So I removed it. I pressed down on the wire to bend it down a little and accidentally removed all the solder from the alternate D0 point, and I cannot get any solder to stick to connect the trace together again. I am looking to just get it running again w/o a mod chip.

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2003, 08:49:00 PM »

coderipper,

Your Xbox is repaired and will ship out tomorrow, thanks!

~Tester

Scorpy

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2003, 09:09:00 PM »

Tester im interested in starting a corporate relationship with you. I can ship you about 5 box's per week. Though i would like to see some of your work first maybe some pictures?

Also do you repare them or simply RA them? Do you have commercial connections? Lastly, would you be willing to do the 128 meg memory upgrade?

jigrillo

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2003, 10:22:00 PM »

ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif
Not only is he quick, but the man knows his stuff.  He'll even answer any questions that you may have regarding mods.  

Thanks again Tester  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2003, 08:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (Scorpy @ May 8 2003, 12:09 AM)
Tester im interested in starting a corporate relationship with you. I can ship you about 5 box's per week. Though i would like to see some of your work first maybe some pictures?

Also do you repare them or simply RA them? Do you have commercial connections? Lastly, would you be willing to do the 128 meg memory upgrade?

If I wasn't working a full time job I would take you up on your offer.

My wife would kick me out of the house if I did. She already complains that I spend to much time either fixing Xbox's or playing them. Besides, I don't fix people's boards for profit, if I did I would starve for what I charge. I do it because I like helping people out and I enjoy what I do.

Thanks anyway!

~Tester123

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2003, 08:18:00 AM »

QUOTE (jigrillo @ May 8 2003, 01:22 AM)
Ladies and gentlemen, if you ever have a problem with your xbox, tester is the man to send it to.  I had a problem with mine and I sent it to him on monday and he stayed true to his word and he got it back to me by wednesday ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif
Not only is he quick, but the man knows his stuff.  He'll even answer any questions that you may have regarding mods.  

Thanks again Tester  beerchug.gif  beerchug.gif

Anytime, jigrillo!

MartyMcFly

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2003, 09:21:00 PM »

Hey tester.  
Thanks for helping me through my problems with my box. Its good to know there are people out there who can be trusted to do what they promise!!

monkey-boy

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2003, 12:06:00 AM »

how much do you charge usually? or can you give me some advice :
Ok, I have an x2pro on a v1.0. My chip has been working for a few months, last week I installed a new 80gb hard drive, and locked it. It has been working rock solid for the last week. Then today I played some RTCW and attack of the clones or whatever on live... then my sister decided to change the game, hit the power button, eject then power... then when she went to turn on the xbox, it started to frag. WHen the mod chip is off: it frags, when it is on: it boots evox. I can get into the ms dash from evox, but I just can't get it to do anything but frag when the chip is off... hopefully you can give me a few pointers :. Thanks!

tester123

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2003, 08:30:00 AM »

I just read your post in "mod chip chat". Your on board TSOP is either corrupt or has been erased. You can search the forums to find out how to flash it. You can fix this, it's very easy. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

~Tester123

monkey-boy

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2003, 09:07:00 AM »

well, I was able to get into the ms dash with the new drive before... and I already unlocked my retail drive and put it into a pc lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17