xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Was Your 360 Banned From Live Recently (after Oct 28th)?  (Read 4936 times)

KanadaKid

• Archived User
Was Your 360 Banned From Live Recently (after Oct 28th)?
« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2009, 10:56:00 PM »

I voted last week that I was not banned with modified firmware. As of the 14th I've been banned too.

Lite-On 1.6 and I was in the preview program for the dash update

kmvguy83

• Archived User
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2009, 07:03:00 AM »

QUOTE([email protected] @ Nov 15 2009, 02:07 PM) View Post

Why are people still stupid enough to go on live? The firmware is DETECTABLE with the new update.

Live = Ban

Well, I'm sure some of us are like me.
I like taking risks, LOL  
and i've been doing this for over 2 years, even though im caught i actually think i got my moneys worth for the time being.

gotta get another and mod it when the new solution arrives, hopefully it'll last me another 2 years or more  laugh.gif

we need new poll, seems like alot people voted NOT BANNED got BANNED, including myself.

Splendidus

• Archived User
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »

A few days ago I turned on my xbox, there was no disc inside. I was disconnected from Live. I press Connect, it connected and showed me the ban message. Tada, I'm f* up.

Xbox elite. Falcon board, Lite-On, ix 1.6

newboxflash

• Archived User
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »

banned friday all good back when new firmware is out for more success

spiree

• Archived User
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2009, 02:42:00 PM »

Grrrr got the banhammer also sad.gif think ms was busy flagging al the flashed console for some time now till the had them all and then began ban waves sad.gif If they were to begin bans directly the word wil spreak quick and every one would'nt  connect to live and they would'nt have so much bans sad.gif so i think the sollution don't go on xbox live doesn't affect any thing your console is already on the ban list I guess

now busy getting xboxconnect to work smile.gif so i still can play online with my friends tongue.gif

ViperNeo

• Archived User
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in on this I have 2 flashed benq with ix1.41 still on live and still not banned. Could it be the newest firmwares? Also i have never played any backup games while the console was connected to the net.

sodadsmc

• Archived User
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2009, 04:41:00 PM »

Banned Nov 16th
Lite-on – 1.6
Jasper Mainboard
Never turned Xbox on without DVD-ROM drive attached
No MW2
No Pre-release games
Singapore Verbatim only
All self made backup (except fallout 3 broken steel expansion)
All fixed with agbx360
Played borderlands (offline)
Signed into live with no disc in drive to play netflix got banned.

muffme

• Archived User
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2009, 12:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Nov 6 2009, 04:52 AM) View Post

first up.  i have a banned benny.  i guess no sammys yet cuz they suck and most have died of old age.  wonder why the same hasn't happened for craptachis.

i just dont get it we are aloud a back up copy of every game you buy but to play ur back up copy you need a modded xbox  so why is m/s banning modded xboxs when it states in every game you buy that we can copy a game for a back up in case ur real game gets broke or sumit

Ntinsky

• Archived User
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2009, 03:58:00 AM »

Hi everyone

Last week i flashed my BenQ drive with ix 1.6.1
Last Friday also, after watching the end credits of Modern Warfare 2, i signed in to XBL to apply the latest update for Operation FLashpoint and................SURPRISE

I got the Terms Of Violation notice.

So what do i do?I guess i am staring at the sun thinking of my 300e i spend for that console.

I would be happy if i could recover the previous state of my console, so i can install to hard drive or use the Media Center application so i don't have to watch movies on my pc.

Anyway, i just wanted to say it to someone since there is no way back for the BAN

You people be careful.They are still banning.November is a tough month for Xbox users.

I hope they find a way soon to unban the console or at least re-enable the features that the ban disables(and i don't mean "be able to sign in XBL")

Cheers

slimdagreat

• Archived User
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2009, 06:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(kmvguy83 @ Nov 16 2009, 09:03 AM) View Post

Well, I'm sure some of us are like me.
I like taking risks, LOL  
and i've been doing this for over 2 years, even though im caught i actually think i got my moneys worth for the time being.

gotta get another and mod it when the new solution arrives, hopefully it'll last me another 2 years or more  laugh.gif

we need new poll, seems like alot people voted NOT BANNED got BANNED, including myself.

I agree. I got banned during the last wave as well, all you can do is wait till its over and re-up.

I was able to sell my old banned console and buy an unmodded, working console for the exact same price, mod it myself, and...........voila! I'm back on Live for another year.

But now I think this is it for me, I think I'm doing what I really wanted to do in the 1st place and go back to Sony

spiree

• Archived User
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2009, 08:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(slimdagreat @ Nov 17 2009, 02:51 PM) View Post

But now I think this is it for me, I think I'm doing what I really wanted to do in the 1st place and go back to Sony

I'm getting that urge 2 smile.gif My dad wants my xbox think i'll get me an ps3 if i am gonna spend an other load of money i might aswel get some cool new features like blueray and streaming video from the pc without lag tongue.gif

Jaymoon

• Archived User
« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »

Well I've kept my Elite offline since all this started happening.  I can't think of any Wave 4 games I've played on it (I've got my old banned console for those).

What I have for a setup now, is the banned console for playing anything for goof-off or system link purposes.

I have my modded BenQ Elite that I use for stealthed Wave3 and earlier games.  I have the ethernet cable plugged in for system link, but in the Family Settings, I've block Xbox Live myself so that it won't ever connect.

Then I have my MW2 360 that will never be modified, and will only play legit games online (the rare occasions I actually do play online).

So I'm good, as long as I sign in on the unbanned Elite, play my "safe" backups with my profile on my memory card, then move it over to the unmodified console for achievement/profile updating.

I just hope in the future Microsoft doesn't attach something to your profile that looks for modified offline consoles.

cjohnson419

• Archived User
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2009, 04:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(pada123 @ Nov 11 2009, 12:04 PM) View Post

Well I think its pretty obvious that the latest dashboard update (wave4)...detects modified fw right away when u connect to live...doesnt matter what u do.....your fw squeels on you....and then u get banned.....

Not true.. I have a modded box with 1.6 and never played a backup game on XBL with it. It's been on every day for a month. Not banned. And until it is it will be hard for me believe its related to FW detection.

cjohnson419

• Archived User
« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(ozman911 @ Nov 11 2009, 01:41 PM) View Post

1) I pay the monthly live subscription faithfully.
2) I use the console mainly for movies and such.
3) If I have to pay $60 to try a game and decided I dont like it... Not gonna happen.

So my thinking is this... Christmas time, PS3 price drop, No subscription fee for PS3 internet (as far as I knows), PS3 plays movies, is more stable, and roughly the same price for games etc.

The ONLY reason I have not bought a PS3 and stayed with the 360 is cause I could mod it.  

So if this goes away I belive I will be buying a PS3 soon and Canceling my XBOX Live membership.

I know that we need to buy the games to support the game makers and I do buy the ones I like.  But looking at this from MS stand point if all of the 1,000,000 supposed banned consoles have the same line of thinking as me, thats roughly $8,000,000 lost PER month!  

Doesnt make alot of sense if you think about it. One, if you pay $8 a month for xbl you get a MUCH better online gaming experience than the PS3 one. There IS a reason PS3 network is free (its sucks on matchmaking and chat)

Secondly...if the only reason is you stayed with 360 is bc you can mod it, then M$ is not making money on you... yes on XBL, but you mod for what reason? to save money on games? then developers lose, hence M$ loses... whats the point? PS3 and Xbox 360 are 2 different systems. One costs monthly fees, the other is harder to mod.. pick your poison.

QUOTE(meiso @ Nov 11 2009, 05:25 PM) View Post

I got banned but I don't care. I also can't play Modern Warfare 2 because I have the 1.6 firmware and I don't want to use that god-damn activation.iso every time I play something, but I don't care about that either.

I'm just going to use my 360 as a doorstop now. It was nice while it lasted but Microsoft won this battle. They haven't won the war though because I've pirated the shit out of most of their other stuff. cool.gif

I like this guy!!!

QUOTE(gr33nsauce @ Nov 11 2009, 11:47 PM) View Post

so...I don't have a modded 360 (firmware chipset or whatever people do) I just got the Rrod on my console while I was playing Mw2 (no more warranty plus upset) anyways so I researched and did the x clamp removal so now my console gets banned for what me not plugging in the dvd drive while i let the thermal paste get hot? If so then why is Microsoft banning me because I decided to fix something that should have not been present in the first place?

if that really is the case.. then this itself answers the burning quetstion of HOW?

Kaisonic

• Archived User
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2009, 06:32:00 PM »

Not sure if this means anything, but with my Xeno Top Gear installed I've been backing up games while playing some Arcade games on LIVE, and I did the Network Test trick to see if my console's been flagged, but it still reads Z: 8015-1002 (instead of the 190D). So this means one of two things:

A) Having your DVD drive disconnected while the 360 is on does not get you banned.

OR

cool.gif The network test trick doesn't work / the flagging is not immediate.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12