xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: PS360 Controller  (Read 2070 times)

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« on: January 19, 2013, 03:04:00 AM »

In pretty much the same way that to get oil you just drill a hole in the ground and then pump it out.

The second page in this thread has a post of the general run down of building one of these things, and you'll also find on several occasions I've posted no desire to make a full blown tutorial because of all of the different controller versions that can be used. This includes walking someone thru a build step by step by step by step as well because it's not really a beginner type of controller build.

You should use a Wired CL for the 'base board' because it's by far the easiest   to trace out and see what goes where to rewire the Common Line of it into the PS3 controllers 3 COM line setup, and wiring the Sticks up is just a straight shot back to the PS3 controller's board.

Easier, but costs more, depending on how much the CL controller cost you, would be using the 36X board I designed   awhile back for your 'base board' so there's no ruining a 360 board to use.   http://forums.xbox-s...p?sho...w=&st=

The absolute easiest I can make it for you is to just build it for you, which comes with 2 things, a PS360 controller that works, and a lightening of your wallet. Which compared to the cost of the minimum of 2 controllers most people kill attempting this, plus the time/parts spent on it, plus the aggravation, you'd find it a lot better deal, but that's really only understood after the fact in most cases.

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »

Yes traces have to be cut, and there's no need to 'dissect' why. If you'd have done any reading of this thread, as well as the PS3 controller and Wired CL ones, you'd have a good start on what needs to be done and why already. It's also been over 4 years since I built that one using the CL board, and I didn't make a diagram for the cuts then, and have no plans/need to do it now.

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 11:34:00 PM »

All but the wording of 'ground' for the CL controller board.

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 11:42:00 PM »

You can call it whatever works for you there, I just told you that your assumption was correct, only your wording isn't.

Aajaxx

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 12:13:00 AM »

also so I have to cut the trace that goes through the left analog since I'm wiring it back to ps3 board. I'm sorry if I'm bothersome

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 12:15:00 AM »

Already stated the Sticks get wired straight back to the PS3 board. Only the 4 mounting tabs get soldered to the 360 board.

Aajaxx

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 07:29:00 PM »

i am having trouble soldering to the via its not sticking well whats the best way to prep it besides scrapping the the top green layer down

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 12:14:00 AM »

That's the only way. If you scrape it down correctly there should be no issues at all. Look in the 360 Case/Hardware section's Pinned topics, Faq/Tutorials post then the Trace Repair Tutorial.

Aajaxx

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »

I am Making my own xbox board to adapt to ps3 board im wondering can i directly put the resistors  
COM1<PS>COM2   or do i have to have traces in between? which would give the better result?

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 04:04:00 PM »

The PS line has nothing to do with the Resistors at all, so what will give the better result is doing it correctly.

V--Resistor--COM1
V--Resistor--COM2

Aajaxx

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 04:09:00 PM »

I apologize i meant V im still learning correct terms i know the PS is TP24 not V

m3ntal

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 11:34:00 PM »

Hi RDC will you please repost the pictures? Photobucket has replaced them with 'bandwidth exceeded' alternates. sad.gif

While looking into the benheck mod tonight I shuttered. The sixaxis might fit into the x360 case yet the feel is totally whack. I'm hoping to review your plans and reuse as much of the stock 360 controller as possible.

Thanks a lot!

(btw your pin outs where exceedingly helpful to find alt tp spots on a recent arcade stick mod; thanks a lot!)

*Edit*

Actually I think I found them right here: http://www.instructa...360-Controller/ (Thanks!)

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »

The pics will be back online 7 days from now.

I never posted that over there at Instructables, that's some moron's doing with no permission, and it's far from any kind of 'how-to' guide as it links to the incomplete Ben Heckendorn build method for wiring, which is far from how the one I made is. Even the one I made is far from how I make one now.

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 11:32:00 AM »

Making another one of these things up, but this go around it's with an Asuka version controller, PS36X and 36D boards.

I designed the PS36X board up awhile back and had some made, but screwed up the keepout areas around the D-pad contacts, so the copper pour is a bit too close there, but this one is getting made with the PS3 D-pad, and the 36D PCB, so they're not going to get used anyway.

The PS36X board was designed around using the current versions of PS3 controllers that were out then, so it can be used with the 4 leg Hall sensor type Sticks, or the 3 leg type the Asuka and later versions use now, in which case the 360 Sticks can just be kept and used.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The 36D PCB is used in pace of the PS3 controller's Daughter board and all of the mess that goes along with installing that thing.

Old install method for PS3 D-pad - http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=655017

36D PCB - http://forums.xbox-s...774447062401500

This is pretty much everything wired up between the Asuka and the PS36X. It's far cleaner looking, uses a lot less wire and can be done a good deal faster.

IPB Image

RDC

• Archived User
PS360 Controller
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »

Hey all, I decided to go and take a serious crack at this thing (again) finally. I started on one over a year ago (back around late 06 early 07) and it just didn't really hold my interest and kinda fizzled out. I didn't have a PS3 at that point either, so it woulda been real fun to try and test it out had I finished it and troubleshooting it would have been impossible. Plus doing it the way I was going about it with the older 'Matrix' style 360 board was just more of a headache than it was worth.

Not to take anything at all from the one Ben Heckendorn did, but using tact switches for every button isn't my thing. This one uses the 360 controller's board (stripped of almost every component) as to use it's button's contacts, so it 'feels' like a 360 controller does, as far as pushing buttons goes you can't tell one from the other. I did the Duke360 and 360 S-controller the same way. It's a load more work on the one hand, but pays off big time when yer all done and the controller doesn't feel any different at all.

Since my first go at this Sony has gone and made serious revision changes to the SixAxis boards and the new DualShock 3 uses these new changes as well. See HERE if ya want more info on that. The Tilt sensor has been built onto the controller board now, so that issue had to be dealt with compared to the older boards that have that thing on a small daughterboard that could have been installed anywhere during this mod, so that means ya have to put the board in the 360 controller shell facing the same way or that will be all screwed up.

M$ as well has made revision changes to both of their controllers (Wired and Wireless) and the new Wired CL version board (I'm using a Wireless shell though) makes for doing this thing a good deal easier than how it was going before with the older style 360 board.

With the release of the DS3 I figured may as well use it since the straight up SixAxis just sux, plus the 360 shell has room for the motors anyway, so it all just made sense and more work, but if yer gonna do it may as well stuff it all in there.

Here's the thing so far, and yes I know it's a mess right now and it isn't going to get much better looking before it's all over with until it goes in the shell. The D-pad, Select, PS, Start, Square, Triangle, Circle, Cross, L1/R1 and L3/R3 buttons are all wired up right now and working, as are the LEDs for showing which controller it is.

(IMG:http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/RDCXBG/PS360/PS360003-1.jpg)

(IMG:http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/RDCXBG/PS360/PS360008.jpg)

All that's left to do are the L2/R2 buttons/Triggers, the Reset/Off button that's on the bottom of the controller and get the Sticks all wired up, then cram it all in the shell. Not that any of it's incredibly more difficult than what's been done on it already, just a lot more wiring to smaller spots than what one would think because of the new Sticks these things use.

Changing the buttons over to the PS3 ones isn't a huge priority right now, that's cosmetic, I'm just after the main things right now with this and that's something that will be done laster on.

Aside from this controller looking and feeling like any other 360 controller, it will also use the PnC cable that charges a 360 Wireless controller to charge this one. This lets me toss the Mini USB connector of the PS3 controller and not have to make that look all pretty mounted somewhere and use a cable that plugs into the 360 controller nicely already. The Sync button next to the PnC connector will be the Reset/Off button also.

(IMG:http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/RDCXBG/PS360/PS360006.jpg)

(IMG:http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f320/RDCXBG/PS360/PS360007-1.jpg)

This post has been edited by RDC: May 31 2008, 07:13 PM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7