xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Sixaxis Led Swap  (Read 1269 times)

theBloodShed

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(pablot)
uhm, we are not bitching. We are simply discussing the matter.

Exactly.  I asked because I was curious to know what the reasoning behind one or the other would be.  Surely it would be better to just solder random parts on a $50 controller instead of learning.

QUOTE(Pugsly0014 @ Jan 8 2007, 09:38 PM) *

I don't see any posts seeing where someone has added BOTH the LED (LED5) and the Resistor (R35) back onto the board.

As pablot pointed out, I already tested the point.  I tested the line by checking the voltage with a multimeter from the positive side of LED5 to the left side of the missing point (it's not "R35" though).  It's a closed circuit regardless of controller activity.  I tried a few things thinking perhaps "it only turns on when PS is pressed" or "it only turns on when battery is low" or "it only turns on when starting the PS3", etc...  It's a completely dead line.  Furthermore, the positive line is always on so I wouldn't recommend using it unless you like to constantly charge your battery.

This post has been edited by theBloodShed: Jan 9 2007, 02:48 AM

9ks2k

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2007, 08:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(ebphondaprelude @ Jan 8 2007, 07:44 PM) *

the top 4 leds turn off and you can tell the assignment :-)

well thats great now i just need somone to tell me where to get the leds cause unique leds wont send to any adress in nj eb u have any extras u could sell me? also what mods u have done to your lude?

ProChief CXVII

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »

this is awsome!
if i ever geta ps2 ill do this for sure!

PDAIsAok

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(9ks2k @ Jan 8 2007, 08:38 PM) View Post

well thats great now i just need somone to tell me where to get the leds cause unique leds wont send to any adress in nj eb u have any extras u could sell me? also what mods u have done to your lude?

http://www.superbrig...ds.com/leds.htm

Or RadioShack

entermymatrix

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2007, 06:41:00 AM »

Has anyone tested the battery drain while using a 5mm LED? Should a 5mm LED cause a good bit of battery loss? Thanks

PDAIsAok

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(entermymatrix @ Jan 9 2007, 07:12 AM) View Post

Has anyone tested the battery drain while using a 5mm LED? Should a 5mm LED cause a good bit of battery loss? Thanks

I have a 5mm in 2 of my controllers and I havent noticed much of a battery life change at all

Laeq

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2007, 01:14:00 AM »

Well, I did this again, and this time I was able to get a hold on some surface mount LEDs. Green ones wink.gif

In all reality, this has been somewhat of a new experience for me, since I have next to zero experience with soldering of any kind, besides what I've seen other people do. Anyway, I got these placed on my second controller, and being a beginner at this stuff, it was fairly difficult until like the last 2 leds. They're a bit dim, as was explained before. In my next attempt, when I get another controller, I'll try a different color, and the most recent method to make them brighter. Heck, I may try to fix this one later too.

here's the final product (for now):

IPB Image

gr8hifi

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »

That green looks really good.  I want to swap an amber into the main button myself.

TALONTSx

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »

So, what if we wired the added PS light to one of the legs of the "LED 1" pad? The PS light would then blink when charging, and when the battery was dying, if it was on or not, almost all the same features as the dev controller. Any testers willing to try?

TALONTSx

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »

Is this thread dead??? Also, there are plenty of pictures here to do this, but just for informational purposes, could someone please post pin voltages...all of them, or as many as you can get, I think it would help fellow modders wanting to do something unique. Oh, and don't forget to check my idea in the post above this one.

R-Dot-Yung

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2007, 12:44:00 PM »

Ok so i really wanna do this and i have a few questions before i start

I wanna make one controller Red and the other one Blue,

So for the red controller, i need to buy a 5mm 3.7v Red LED right

for the blue controller i need a 5mm 3.7v Blue LED light, and four 3mm 2.8v Blue LED lights

is this correct, cuz i cant find any of these type of LED lights, HELLLLP

bigjimmy

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »

Very cool mod......If i wasnt selling my PS3, id do that...

G0t M4xx 21

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »

I just did this mod to two PS3 controllers for Mattyv, i think they turned out pretty good:

IPB Image

ebphondaprelude

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »

^^

did you do the full voltage mod

Elusid

• Archived User
Sixaxis Led Swap
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2007, 01:47:00 AM »

yeah th PS mod looks easy enough but with the assignment LEDs can't you just desolder the ones there and replace them with the color you want? I mean with the pics it looks like all the LEDs are on at once which isn't possible unless you don't have them showing their assignment.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8