xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sony slashes Blu-ray price in line with PS3  (Read 113 times)

elitegamer360

• Archived User
Sony slashes Blu-ray price in line with PS3
« on: February 27, 2007, 08:27:00 AM »

what a move by sony reducing the price of the BDP-S300 player which equals the ps3 price, so now people will think buying a PS3 will be beter = "gaming"+blu ray > blu ray only.

now they are loosing in both ways, if people buy PS3 the BDP-S300 will not sell and visa vresa.  wink.gif

blackchild1101

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(elitegamer360 @ Feb 27 2007, 04:34 PM) View Post

what a move by sony reducing the price of the BDP-S300 player which equals the ps3 price, so now people will think buying a PS3 will be beter = "gaming"+blu ray > blu ray only.

now they are loosing in both ways, if people buy PS3 the BDP-S300 will not sell and visa vresa.  wink.gif

ehhh no. Considering that the PS3 probably costs Sony more money to produce then a stand alone Blue-Ray player wink.gif

Mysoundhurts

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 10:04:00 AM »

Well the ps3s blue-ray playback is not as sharp as a stand alone player. i have seen both through HDMI on a 1080p Toshiba 42" lcd moniter and though yes it is beautiful (ps3 playback) the stand alone player is superior. But who knows maybe sony wil release a upgrade later on that will fix this, or the gen 2 ps3s will have better playback. I love my ps3 don't get me wrong, but the xbox 360s library swomps it, and yes i know it's newer so don't rag on me, I will give it time. but you all can;t lie the launch titles mostly sucked balls.

rappa

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 05:40:00 AM »

lol what does the xbox 360 and it's library of games have to do with this?