xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Ps3's Dual Hd Display And 1080p Features...  (Read 336 times)

Cannibalistic

• Archived User
Ps3's Dual Hd Display And 1080p Features...
« on: May 17, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »

Panoramic View (32:9)

1080p!!!

Extended Game Display

Multi Applications

(IMG:http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050517/ps3_07.jpg)

Like it or not, PS3's architures and feautres are very impressive to say the least.

jaskerzada006

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 02:44:00 PM »

That is pretty damn cool.

I wonder if we'll be able to play a multiplayer game and instead of split screen, just use another tv.

Tobb555

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »

who in the hell has the money for two HDTVs that can project in 1080P and the money for the PS3 and games. Maybe 1% of the poeple that buy it.

Shinamano

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »

Yeah it is a cool feature...but seriously...

Cannibalistic

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »

I don't know, but whatever Sony does, it turns into something big. MS better do something to compete with thoese PS3's features.

mrjkwik

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »

well, consider another aspect.  prices on lcd monitors are dropping.  could always get 2 17 or 19 inch monitors.  may not be 2 42inchers, but nice to have it span across.

Cannibalistic

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

Exactly. PS3's features are something that I would really call a "next-gen" console.

jaskerzada006

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

who in the hell has the money for two HDTVs that can project in 1080P and the money for the PS3 and games. Maybe 1% of the poeple that buy it.

So, I guess your glad this feature isn't on the 360.

Shinamano

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »

SO you are saying that you would want a gap in the video of your games? Dual screens are nice...but I would rather have a seamless picture...

blah101

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shinamano @ May 17 2005, 06:37 PM)
SO you are saying that you would want a gap in the video of your games? Dual screens are nice...but I would rather have a seamless picture...

agreed.. that would look granted cool for say a racing game.. but in a fps that would be space you would think existed maybe and overcompensate your shots

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »

What ps3 features?  Ps3 is an evolution in gaming, xbox360 is a revolution.  Face it, having support for 2 hd displays at once is 100% useless.  I don't know anyone that owns 1 hdtv, let alone 2, and let alone in the same room.  If you can afford such luxuries, you can afford 2 consoles and 2 copies of the game you are playing.  Sony promoting this at e3 is just a way of them to try to upstage MS, nothing more, it is a useless "feature".  While we are at it, lets continue.  Sony uses bluetooth for its wireless controllers, which is just a mistake.  The effective range of bluetooth is 10 meters, while 2.4ghz is something like 100meters (don't quote me on that one).  Also, we all know that bluetooth is touchy at best, and should not be used for something as important as the input device for the unit.  Here's one that really gets me, the ps3 has wifi support, but cannot use the wifi for internet, it can only use it for integration with the psp, you must use the wired ethernet for internet access.  The only numbers that ppl are arguing are the floating point integer numbers, and have little to do with actual gameplay performance, the xbox360 has more than enough raw power to make up for it.  There have been a lot of sony fanboys trying to push numbers down our throats saying that the ps3 is better than the xbox360, yet there is no reason to believe one is better than the other at this point.  Both consoles are evenly matched in terms of performance, with xbox having the edge in raw power, and there is no debating that.  There is no winner because no one has the console in their hands.  We will all see the truth in a few months when xbox gets released, then next year when ps3 gets released.  I honestly don't think that the ps3 will keep such a lead anymore, its xbox's time to shine.

Joergen

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 03:07:00 PM »

Well the panoramic thing makes no sense with just two displays, it should be three so themiddle one doesnt get cut in the center and you have pheripheral vision on both sides.. like MS had for Forza Motorsport using three xboxes and three displays (strange, no mention of that feature in the final game is there?)

blah101

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 03:17:00 PM »

well after watching all of the press confernces for M$/Sony/Nintendo they all have different points that i noticed

Sony says there all about the hardware making games better is key

Nintendo says there all about the software making different and unique games is key

MS says they have both the software and hardware done and are making the users the key

i dunno.. it seems to me like M$ has a plan to let us make the games better with different content, while sony is still trying to figure out what they want the playstation franchise to go to. i think nintendo has some great stuff coming out but there for a generation under me(even tho that new zelda game looks nice)
i guess it would seem like M$ will probably win due to they have a much better plan and deffintley more money to stay in the race longer and keep it more mainstream

cyberg4

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »

While i think that very few people will actually use this feature i am one of those people that would love to see this happen more.  basically myself and my brother share 2 xboxes (1 for live and 1 modded) and would love to have a dual screen output for better res and viewing for halo 2.  I know that it probably won't be used by many deveopers however it would be very nice for people in my situation.  note that i dot't need HDTV output to both screens just the 480 i would be fine with me. but i am representing 0.01% of the gaming population

ebrunn

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 03:25:00 PM »

cool idea but i agree with the people above me. not alot of people can aford one, let alone have two hd's tv's.

also,didnt they kinda jackd the dual screen feature from the DS?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6