xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Ps3's Dual Hd Display And 1080p Features...  (Read 335 times)

Carlo210

• Archived User
Ps3's Dual Hd Display And 1080p Features...
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2005, 09:38:00 AM »

All the console does is go under your tv and in your entertainment unit. Is your unit small and you cant fit something a couple inches bigger than an xbox?

jaskerzada006

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »

Personally, i don't give a shit who makes what.

I just want the most tech for the least cash.

But arguing against technical advances just because your prefered console doesn't have it is just backward.  

So I guess I'm the only one here who throws LAN parties and sees the benifit of dual display.  Damn.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »

I think using multiple consoles if you want multi screen output is just fine, If you can afford 2 HDTVs that support 1080p then buying another PS3 and copy of the game is chump change...

Not to mention if you split the output of the screen in half you're also cutting the graphics through put in half. I'd imagine if any game were going to support it would loose a serious amount of quality in the process, especially if it were to actually support those resolutions across 2 screens.

The first PS had a system link where you could tie 2 consoles together... I think I used it like once when I had friends over (it was the only way to do multi-player bushido blade). The PS2 could do that as well for panoramic picture but the the only game I know of that used it was GT3... Forza was supposed to support 3 screens with the use of the three Xboxs, though I don't know if they took that feature out or not on release.

When it comes down to it. If you can afford the screens there's no reason you couldn't just buy another console. Dual screen support is useless for most panoramic purposes (because you have a line down the middle) and games that want to split players up will loose significant graphical quality. In the end you'll probably see a very small number of games actually support it because it's a lot of work to program and there is a very small amount of people who will actually use it.

BigDaddySlappy

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2005, 09:44:00 AM »

I own a 30 inch widescreen but i don't see myself going out and spending another $1000 on another HDTV just to have split the screen

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2005, 09:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(jaskerzada006 @ May 18 2005, 12:19 PM)
Personally, i don't give a shit who makes what.

I just want the most tech for the least cash.

But arguing against technical advances just because your prefered console doesn't have it is just backward. 

So I guess I'm the only one here who throws LAN parties and sees the benifit of dual display.  Damn.

Exactly what kind of LAN parties are you throwing with your PS3? I don't see very many FPSs available. Not to mention the BOOMERANG only has 7 channels so you can only have up to 7 people playing in a 30ft range  dry.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »

About who can actually get 2 hdtv sets.
the 2 screens... It's not practical enough of a selling point. It's like letting people hook their ipods to the xbox360. It would be a nice touch, but you gotta have an Ipod first and it only appeals to people with iPods.

that kind of an idea.

This post has been edited by Carlo210: May 18 2005, 04:52 PM

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2005, 09:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ May 18 2005, 05:23 PM)
Exactly what kind of LAN parties are you throwing with your PS3? I don't see very many FPSs available. Not to mention the BOOMERANG only has 7 channels so you can only have up to 7 people playing in a 30ft rangeĀ  dry.gif

He he you're great.
plus the boomerang still has the design which makes it impossible for me to comfortably play fps games.
Power Shmower.  biggrin.gif  I wan't to have fun with my high tech stuff, not sit at it and ramble on about it.

The sony ps2 2 feet behind me infront of my tv didn't do much for me in return for my 250$ spent on it. What Blasphemy!

And about lanparties, with a online structure like xbox live, who needs to scrunch on a couch with other dudes and play "don't Look at my Screen!! ThATS ChEaTiNG"

No offense to lanparties. It's jsut that if I went to a friends house, we'd probably end up going out somewhere. Hence the point of going out. anyways I'm just rambling on. Lanparties are fun i gotta admit but the live service should treat me well.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2005, 09:49:00 AM »

There is one thing I see all xbox fans talk about. First Person Shooters. Can't you guys get a grip and understand that some people dont like FPS at all and some can't stand them on consoles. I for one think HALO sleeping.gif is the biggest pile of shit on the planet...................fuck Duke Nukem 3D was a better game.

Xbox fans need to get it through their head that the whole world doesnt like HALO  rolleyes.gif

whet1134

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ May 18 2005, 05:53 PM)
There is one thing I see all xbox fans talk about. First Person Shooters. Can't you guys get a grip and understand that some people dont like FPS at all and some can't stand them on consoles. I for one think HALO sleeping.gif is the biggest pile of shit on the planet...................fuck Duke Nukem 3D was a better game.

Xbox fans need to get it through their head that the whole world doesnt like HALO  rolleyes.gif

Why do you contantly post on here if you don't like Xbox so much.  Congrats, you thought Halo was boring.  I didn't.  And the 2 million people that bought Halo 2 based on their love of Halo didn't think so either.  Yes, we are Xbox fans... that's why we are on XBOX-scene.  I don't crave FPS either.  I prefer racing games... another genre locked down by Xbox because the controller has triggers.  Oh, and I really dig fighting games... another genre Xbox has locked down IMO because of the 6 button layout.  We could really do without your anti-Halo bitching.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ May 18 2005, 12:53 PM)

Xbox fans need to get it through their head that the whole world doesnt like HALO  rolleyes.gif

I really don't care for FPSs myself but how often do other genres get played at lan parties?

BTW who was talking about Halo? We were having a nice Halo free discussion until you brought it up  tongue.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2005, 10:02:00 AM »

the fact is that Halo isn't factually a pile of shit.
YOU don't like it. good for you, alot of people don't, alot of people do. What do you expect a game to do? Did everyone like duke nukem? No. Does that make it a pile of shit?  wink.gif

Say "I think it is a pile of shit, which is why i didn't purchase it".

Immature. rolleyes.gif

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(whet1134 @ May 18 2005, 02:00 PM)
Why do you contantly post on here if you don't like Xbox so much.

I own one. I dont like the games on the xbox as much, but it is much more fun to mod and has real HDTV support.
Congrats, you thought Halo was boring.  I didn't.  And the 2 million people that bought Halo 2 based on their love of Halo didn't think so either.

Dont post opinionated comments to fight my opinions as I can say........Congrats, you thought Halo was great. I didn't and the 28 million other xbox owners didn't think so either.
Yes, we are Xbox fans... that's why we are on XBOX-scene.

Since when did you have to be a fan in order to be part of a forum? I belong to xbox-scene and ps2-scene. Why? I own the consoles and use the sites for information. Was it that hard to figure out?
I don't crave FPS either.  I prefer racing games... another genre locked down by Xbox because the controller has triggers.

I wouldnt consider a genre locked down when they only have one good racing game. Both consoles only have one great racing game each. Gran Turismo and FORZA. I prefer realistic racing games and the PGR series is an arcade racer. If we are going by controllers......a wheel in all technicality is a controller and I would like you to name the Logitech Driving Force Pro equivalent for the xbox. Since I am looking for realism..........
Oh, and I really dig fighting games... another genre Xbox has locked down IMO because of the 6 button layout.

Another opinion.......but I can't give mine, hypocritical much.
We could really do without your anti-Halo bitching.

Some of us could really do without all the Halo praise.......if I need to stop being anti-Halo, to be fair, they should stop being pro-Halo. From your argument, you appear to be one sided.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »

You are one hell of a pissy person. tongue.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2005, 10:50:00 AM »

deftonesmx17, might I ask WHAT EXACTLY do you bring to the dual monitor discussion?

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ May 18 2005, 02:06 PM)
Immature. rolleyes.gif

And what would you call flaming someone.............Immature.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6