xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: England At Euro 04  (Read 126 times)

melon

• Archived User
England At Euro 04
« on: June 15, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
England At Euro 04
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 11:54:00 AM »

Well the other thread was a joke, people were saying England played crap, we did not. It was a very commanding performance in which Lampard and Rooney were star players for me. Owens form - It isn't any worse than it ever is, however he normally scores a goal and everyone praises him, even though in the match he does NOTHING else. VERY alike Nistleyrooy did today!
In the second half England didn't really back off and defend that much, we still dominated the second half and Silvester should have been given marching orders. Also no matter what Beckham says it wasn't a clean connection, he took a divot out of the ground with it, and even if he didn't it wasn't well placed at all.
Now onto Englands keeper crisis - it is a CRISIS. David James was at fault for both goals, the first free kick was not 'world class' it went into the back of the net, not the sides of the goal, any reasonable keeper would have had it covered, you do NOT get wrong footed on free kicks. Then the penalty, what WAS he doing? He didn't need to come out, Henry was already at an acute angle... and for the penalty who honestly thought he would save it? I was praying he saw red because Robo had a lot more chance at saving it.

I doubt Scholes will score because I doubt he will play, the fact that we are going to play Hargreves is a bit of a joke, we should play Bridge on the left so he and Cole can keep on attacking AND defend together. I recon it will be a 2-2 draw I am afraid, however what everyone is failing to realise is that 2 DRAWS will take us through!

melon

• Archived User
England At Euro 04
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 10:28:00 PM »

I forgot scholes was doubtfull. Good idea playing both bridge and cole. But put cole in midfield as I think he is slightly better at going forward. Sven wont play those two so I suppose I would prefer joe cole to come in on the left, he gives us that bit of unpradictability (is that good or bad in his case?), but he can beat a player.

I find it hilarious that owen has offered to take the penalties if becham steps down, his record at liverpool was terrible. Let Rooney take them (im biased).

I still feel even our b team would beat the swiss. I watched the game before england v lucky frogs, and both sides were piss poor.

Still sticking with 3-0 and im getting well excited about tommorow.

Dagoth

• Archived User
England At Euro 04
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 10:36:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

What do you expect it wouldn't be an England team without a crisis.

melon

• Archived User
England At Euro 04
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 12:58:00 AM »

3-0
3-0
3-0

Crap performance but great result. Come on England we can win this.

Think about it.
We played poorly but they still never got a shot on goal.
We could have scored more
And Owen is still going to come good at some point if not Vasell can do a good job.

2-1 next game with Rooney and Vasell getting the goals.

melon

• Archived User
England At Euro 04
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 12:08:00 PM »

laugh.gif

Rooney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we can win this.

methie

• Archived User
England At Euro 04
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

melon

• Archived User
England At Euro 04
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 01:21:00 AM »

I don't remember anyone making such an impact on a tournament since Pele in the 1958 World Cup

quote by Sven
says it all

brucett

• Archived User
England At Euro 04
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »

England have just been robbed !

That Swiss referee should open his f***in eyes!

Campells goal should have count!!!!!!!!

melon

• Archived User
England At Euro 04
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2004, 01:21:00 AM »

sad.gif

We didnt deserve to win, but win we should of.
Im gutted. sad.gif

Dunny

• Archived User
England At Euro 04
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

I doubt he'll be working at any major matches in future.