xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kobe Guarantees Game 5 Win  (Read 125 times)

shanafan

• Archived User
Kobe Guarantees Game 5 Win
« on: June 14, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »

http://sports.espn.g...artnersite=espn

"We realize what we're up against," Karl Malone said. "We're not copping an attitude. It's not an attitude. We just believe in each other."

Then.. why did the guys from the three-peat era want to start instead? That doesn't seem like faith to me.

And besides, Rasheed saying Detroit would win game 2 against Indiana made sense. They only lost by a couple points, and the series was very early.

On the other hand, the Lakers are completely being outplayed, and this guarantee from Kobe is rather foolish.

After every game, the Lakers say "Oh, we will change our gameplan." Listen guys, it's not changing. Everything you have done, Detroit has countered, and again, embarassed the Lakers.

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 12:54:00 AM »

They still don't get it. In their arrogance, they honestly believe that nobody can beat them but "themselves".

The LA Lakers... a team of INDIVIDUALS. The only player even TRYING is Shaq.

Alexpeoples

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 05:08:00 AM »

Kobe is a fool!

His guarentee will only make it easier for him to leave the Lakers after the Pistons end it tonight at the Palace.

I can't wait to see how Detroit shuts down the Lakers tonight and how Phil comes up with more excuses as to how they lost to themselves, but really got their asses handed to them!

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 09:52:00 AM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Jun 15 2004, 07:06 AM)
Are you going to the game Shanafan?

God I wish.. just heading downriver to a bar in Melvindale

BenJeremy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 04:33:00 PM »

Looks like the Pistons are putting on a scoring workshop for the Lakers.... the Pistons are looking at simply outscoring the Lakers tonight, it seems.

darth stuart

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 08:17:00 PM »

awesome game put on by the Pistons! big ben's shot (the 3) was hillarious! but i love it! the lakers dynasty has crumbled

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 05:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Jun 15 2004, 04:54 AM)
The only player even TRYING is Shaq.

So true... Look what became of them now... My Lakers will rise again though, someday... Now if only we could get an NBA team in ST.Louis.. but wait, they would probably just rile us fans up for disappointment like all our other teams of the past 10 years (except Rams and the Super Bowl year of course)...