xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bruce Willis Chats "privately" With Fans  (Read 117 times)

gronned

• Archived User
Bruce Willis Chats "privately" With Fans
« on: May 15, 2007, 11:47:00 AM »

http://www.aintitcoo...comment_1495231

I guess some of you heard about his talkback to the fans. I say it was a PURE PR-setup.
Sure, it may actually have been him writing all that text, even though I believe someone else wrote most of it and his "part of the job" only was to show off his face in the videochat. I think it's really obvious how it was all worked out. "I have always had to use Mac's, because I was never smart enough/patient enough to learn to use a PC." Why would he even say that? of course Apple paid him and he only used I-chat.

Anyway, it's a really effective PR-trick, because now his conversation has been copied to the whole world-press(which obviously was the intention) where he seems like a real stand up guy that truly wants to give feedback to the hardcore fans. Weird thing is, he'll never do it again people, hmmmm. I really hate how stupid people are for falling for this crap.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »

Kind of ironic post.

gronned

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »

I know what you're thinking, and that was one of the reasons I didn't want to write it. They're probably happy the story gets spread even if mine is in a negative manner, but that's the reason I wanted to do it, so that people hopefully shouldn't be too blind about it. What they've achieved is a more advanced form of buzzing. Buzzing is the most dangerous way to advertise so far, but I'm sure they'll invent even far worse advertisement-techniques very soon. I should have put this in the political forum as it's a very important topic.

gainpresence

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »

The dude was in 12 monkeys, so he's OK in my book.. (I didn't RTFA)

gronned

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 04:57:00 AM »

haha, yeah that's a cool film. I like Willis too, but what I thought was a very important topic was the buzzing-phenomena. The PR-studios play with our minds in an extremely disturbing manner. I haven't seen any debates on buzzing and as it's getting so big I was hoping for one here.