xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Official Language Of The United States?  (Read 439 times)

gronne

• Archived User
Official Language Of The United States?
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2005, 10:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(Baner @ Jan 10 2005, 07:34 PM)
Oswald... it's called sarcasm, think back to that movie with Jack Candy... can't remember the name. That's great how you can say us Canadians imbrace our diversity, and how others can say Americans hate being diverse... but I bet I can jsut as easily find a Canadian that can't stand that Asain down the street, or that American that loves his Indian nieghbor...

fishlord

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(gronne @ Jan 22 2005, 06:33 PM)
Canadian Bacon. Believe it or not, but that's a Michael Moore film smile.gif  It's a really bad film, as well. He should stick to documentaries. I just saw Fahrenheit 911. It was really good. It's hard to believe he's made Canadian Bacon after seeing Fahrenheit, but I guess the same goes for Peter Jackson and Bad Taste.

gronne

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »

Ok. Didn't think of that, but it sounded like Canadian Bacon where they are forced by the canadian police to translate their Anti-canada grafitti on their bus to french. Probably the only, somewhat, funny scene in the film.

Edit: Ok, I realize you were being ironic. He said the wrong name.

My_Brain_is_on_Fire

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif

tristanx

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2005, 06:43:00 PM »

laugh.gif  laugh.gif

when it comes to a official language. the american forefathers made a choice between english and german. english won by one vote. so english IS the official language of the US despite what your professor/teachers say. of course thats what i was taught in school. that was along time ago. but history is changed by those in power and they write what they want.

i believe jive should be the official language... remember the scene in Airplane and Airplane 2  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

FoeHammer05

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2005, 12:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(MegaHurt @ Jan 9 2005, 10:57 PM)
TUPACneverdies:

FoeHammer05

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2005, 12:56:00 AM »

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2005, 05:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(President Theodore Roosevelt)
The one absolute way of bringing this nation to ruin, or preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities.  We have but one flag.  We must also learn one langauge and that langauge is English

Also, as a criteria for statehood, many states have had to in some way guarantee a competency level of english.  For example - Oklahoma and New Mexico had to guarantee in their constitution that schools would be taught in english.

link1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]